HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   ONE95 Nike Bauer vs Easton Stealth 15 Hockey Puck Impact (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=462140)

milbs06 01-06-2008 01:38 AM

ONE95 Nike Bauer vs Easton Stealth 15 Hockey Puck Impact

please watch this video to see the difference between the 2 skates. what you see will suprise you.

thoughts?

Bsfan37 01-06-2008 07:25 AM

Impact!

Boy am I Glad I skate with the ONE90!:handclap:

Crosbyfan 01-06-2008 10:13 AM

If I was a very small animal, perhaps a mouse, I would definitely prefer to live in the one95.

Nosebleed Section 01-06-2008 01:59 PM

Kinda neat to see but it wouldn't sway my purchase to go either way. For one thing it doesn't say how fast they shot the puck or for that logic even if at the same velocity. If they shot the puck at 100mph+ i really wouldn't care that the easton got owned because im not gonna get hit that hard and that may be alot of unneccesary protection. Also it could be benificial for teh easton to hve give instead of just being rigid and shattering your ankle. That being said I still like bauer better just kind of a pointless video.

The Tikkanen 01-06-2008 02:05 PM

I wear the Stealth's because they fit my foot better than any other brand. The message that video sends me is don't throw my skates onto the ice to block a shot while being screwed onto the ice.

Toonces 01-06-2008 05:06 PM

Interesting, but kinda irrelivant considering both skates fit different types of feet. Seeing this video won't sway anyone if they can't even wear the other skate.

milbs06 01-06-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bsfan81 (Post 11915688)
Boy am I Glad I skate with the ONE90!:handclap:

that was my thoughts exactly.

Moose24x 01-07-2008 10:29 PM

Supposedly 80 MPH on both skates. This was showed to minor league and juniors players that were given the opportunity to try one95's.

willy0314 01-09-2008 09:58 PM

I like that for one the easton skate is used - you can tell by the toe cap and the laces, and the fact that the boot looks like its bent or something to the right before it even gets hit with the puck. But these videos are always crap anyways. There was one out there with OPS and they were dropping a weight on them. The weight was snaping all the sticks like a toothpicks until they dropped it on the easton and then it just bounced off.

Its just marketing. Not to mention the same person would never wear both pairs of skates because they are for different foot shapes

Nosebleed Section 01-09-2008 10:04 PM

Yeah this is just like those Pepsi vs Coke tables that used to be very where a few years ago. They'd give you some week old warm coke and some fresh cold pepsi and then give you a prize if you picked Pepsi.

milbs06 01-22-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Mojorisin (Post 11966496)
Yeah this is just like those Pepsi vs Coke tables that used to be very where a few years ago. They'd give you some week old warm coke and some fresh cold pepsi and then give you a prize if you picked Pepsi.

so your trying to tell me that easton skate was worn out and a new one95 or what?

stick9 01-23-2008 08:26 AM

While cool to watch, I don't think it's all that relevant. The test wasn't done in the skates natural environment. There is no foot in the boot. We can see how the boot reacts but you don't get to see the impact that shot would have on the foot inside the boot. The blade is locked into place, not firmly planted on ice by the weight of the player.

This strikes me as more a PR or marketing video/test then an actual RD or engineering test.

slamigo 01-23-2008 10:37 AM

well, you could make a metal skate boot that would be very effective against errant pucks, but would skate like garbage. This video does not give enough information. For example, where did the energy transfer to? Was it simply dissipated throughout the shell of the boot or is the boot so rigid that it doesn't give? Impact protection isn't about rebounding or repelling the impact. It's about energy absorption. The best helmets crack when hit hard and dissipate the shock of the impact throughout the helmet. The energy has to go somewhere. This video tells us nothing about the absorption properties of either skate.
It's a neat video, but not useful without more information.

Ti-girl 01-23-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milbs06 (Post 11914793)
please watch this video to see the difference between the 2 skates. what you see will suprise you.

thoughts?

My thoughts, you work for Bauer.

stick9 01-23-2008 11:56 AM

Love how they show you the damage done to the boot...oh wait they don't. They also don't show you the point of impact. They could have picked the most vulnerable spot on the S15.

The video is very misleading. The only thing I take from that video is the One95 is a lot stiffer then the S15.

milbs06 01-24-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ti-girl (Post 12168752)
My thoughts, you work for Bauer.

i dont but i wish i did.

hockeyfreak95* 02-03-2008 04:44 PM

one95 all the way