HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT NEWS: Jagr to the Rangers for Anson Carter... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=46251)

Stephan Lebeau 01-23-2004 03:01 PM

OT NEWS: Jagr to the Rangers for Anson Carter...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1716156

it's not a done deal yet... but it gives us more info... :teach:

KnuklZ 01-23-2004 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephan Lebeau
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1716156

it's not a done deal yet... but it gives us more info... :teach:

TSN reports this as well...it seems Jagr and NYR have already negotiated his contract

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...26&hubName=nhl

Guy Caballero 01-23-2004 03:13 PM

I hope the Rangers choke on this deal and that Jagr never hits the PPG mark again in his career. What a joke this is.

Brisebois 01-23-2004 03:20 PM

The Rangers are looking more and more like the Yankees without the glory.

There go Jagrs chances of making the playoffs this year :)

goalchenyuk 01-23-2004 03:29 PM

i am now curious to see if Gainey is going to move to give an extra to the team ; NY aree playing better lately and we are not far from them...

Les Zarbites 01-23-2004 03:33 PM

I guess this will put an end to those silly "I want Jagr on the habs" thread. Thank you Sather ! :handclap:

Stephan Lebeau 01-23-2004 03:34 PM

Quote:

News From The Post
Source Says Capitals Complete Jagr Trade

By Jason La Canfora
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, January 23, 2004; 4:10 PM

SUNRISE, Fla., Jan. 23 -- The Washington Capitals and New York Rangers completed a trade Friday that will send five-time NHL scoring champion Jaromir Jagr to New York, a source close to Jagr said.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Jagr departed the Capitals' Florida hotel about 3:30 Friday afternoon to catch a flight to Ottawa, where the Rangers play the Senators on Saturday night.

New York forward Anson Carter, a former Capital, did not practice with the Rangers at the team's practice facility outside New York Friday and was reported to be a possible part of the deal. The Rangers delayed their charter flight from New York to Ottawa Friday morning, but Carter was on the flight when the plane took off.

The deal, which the two teams have been negotiating during the past several days, is largely financial, sources said, with the Capitals believed to be picking up some portion of the $44 million remaining on Jagr's contract beyond this season.

The Rangers negotiated with Jagr's agent Friday, finalizing a restructuring of his contract, and those discussions were completed by mid-afternoon, the source close to Jagr said.

goalchenyuk 01-23-2004 03:39 PM

NY reporter hight with the deal....

reporter Sherry Ross slams the notion of Jagr coming to New York, claiming such a move would do nothing to help the struggling Rangers. The headline for her article on the subject reads "Garbage in, Garbage out". She correctly points out the previous deals made by Sather since coming to New York (Filip Novak and a handful of draft picks to Florida for Bure, Mike York and a draft pick to Edmonton for Tom Poti, Jan Hlavac, Pavel Brendl, Kim Johnsson and a draft pick to Philadelphia for Lindros, Rem Murray, Tomas Kloucek and Marek Zidlicky for Dunham) have done nothing to improve the team, and believes the Rangers might be better off if most of those deals weren't made.

Habsaku 01-23-2004 03:46 PM

If the rangers miss the playoffs, it will be a sweet year for the league.

Guy Caballero 01-23-2004 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v
NY reporter hight with the deal....

reporter Sherry Ross slams the notion of Jagr coming to New York, claiming such a move would do nothing to help the struggling Rangers. The headline for her article on the subject reads "Garbage in, Garbage out". She correctly points out the previous deals made by Sather since coming to New York (Filip Novak and a handful of draft picks to Florida for Bure, Mike York and a draft pick to Edmonton for Tom Poti, Jan Hlavac, Pavel Brendl, Kim Johnsson and a draft pick to Philadelphia for Lindros, Rem Murray, Tomas Kloucek and Marek Zidlicky for Dunham) have done nothing to improve the team, and believes the Rangers might be better off if most of those deals weren't made.

The biggest piece of garbage in that entire organizaiton is Glen Sather. At some point I suppose he was a good hockey man, but now he's one of the laughing stocks of the league. He is an utter failure in New York, and should have been fired at the end of last year. Even Reggie Houle could have built a much better team if he had Slats' funds.

Guy Caballero 01-23-2004 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsaku
If the rangers miss the playoffs, it will be a sweet year for the league.

It gave me GREAT pleasure in 2002 when the Habs eliminted the Rangers from the playoff race. Here's hoping they do it again this year.

mcphee 01-23-2004 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v
i am now curious to see if Gainey is going to move to give an extra to the team ; NY aree playing better lately and we are not far from them...

Gainey could have Lang tomorrow for one of my goats if he would take his contract, but very few GM's want to wake up the morning after a new CBA is signed with any of those contracts. NY is just a different world.

Team_Spirit 01-23-2004 05:13 PM

20M of the 44M on Jagr contract will be paid by the Caps . Also Jagr agreed to drop 1M on each year of his contract .

I don't understand why people are so agressive against Jagr , your attitude sucks imo .

Kirk Muller 01-23-2004 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
I don't understand why people are so agressive against Jagr , your attitude sucks imo .

Ironically, its Jagr's attitude that makes people dislike him. I also don't follow why peoples attitude suck if they don't like Jagr. Maybe you just love everyone.

Team_Spirit 01-23-2004 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash13
Ironically, its Jagr's attitude that makes people dislike him. I also don't follow why peoples attitude suck if they don't like Jagr. Maybe you just love everyone.

no but at least respect him , and what's wrong about Jagr attitude ? He don't work hard ? he's crying ? ... gimme a break :shakehead

loudi94 01-23-2004 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Even Reggie Houle could have built a much better team if he had Slats' funds.

Come on now, that's not nice. ;)

Joe Malone 01-23-2004 05:31 PM

The Rags need defense and goaltending, so they get Jaromir Jagr. Makes perfect sense, eh? :dunno:

Anyone know what the Rangers payroll is now with Jagr on board?

Kirk Muller 01-23-2004 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
no but at least respect him , and what's wrong about Jagr attitude ? He don't work hard ? he's crying ? ... gimme a break :shakehead

Why should people respect him? Tell that to Cap fans who watched him slack for the last few years. He has *****ed and moaned about coaches, icetime, the teams system, etc, and has sulked countless times. He is a guy who has the talent to DOMINATE any game he plays in, yet doesn't because of this "attitude" and than blames others. If people don't respect him, I understand.

BLONG7 01-23-2004 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Malone
The Rags need defense and goaltending, so they get Jaromir Jagr. Makes perfect sense, eh? :dunno:

Anyone know what the Rangers payroll is now with Jagr on board?

The Rags payroll was around 69M, JJ makes 11M with 5M being paid by the Caps and 5M by the Rags and JJ has deferred 1M to the last year of the contract... SO the Rags now have a payroll around 74 Million!!! :joker: Fiscal Responsibility by everyone but the Rags! Sather is a hypocrite!!!!!! :teach:

GhostOfTheForum 01-23-2004 06:00 PM

Great!!!!!!!

Now we don't have to hear about this anymore.

I think we should just stop the season and forget the play-offs and just give the Rangers the Stanley Cup.

They certainly are paying enough for it.