HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Jamie Pushor and the new lines (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=46327)

Leetchie2 01-23-2004 08:14 PM

Jamie Pushor and the new lines

I read we acquired Jamie Pushor too. What do you guys know about him? Also, I keep hearing Jagr will be put with Nedved and Hlavac. I don't like that. Stick Jagr with Barnaby and Lindros. Lindros need a goal scorer on his wing and Barnaby could carry the puck up for them. Or Rucinsky. But Jagr needs to be with Lindros. I like the deal. We didn't give up a top prospect and we're only paying him 6 mil a year. Anson Carter was awful. I think the argument "this deal didn't address our d corps, therefore it was bad" is a stupid one. Sather still has a chance to address our defensive holes. Even if he doesn't, who wouldn't pass up a chance to get a top goal scorer at a reduced price for an ineffective player? It's a good deal. I hope we address our D holes now. Cya.

Barnaby 01-23-2004 08:21 PM

Lundmark-Nedved-Jagr
Simon-Lindros-Kovalev
Rucinsky-Holik-Barnaby

Fire Sather 01-23-2004 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby
I bet we'll see this:

(lines not in order)

Simon-Lindros-Barnaby
Hlavac/Lundmark-Nedved-Jagr
Rucinsky-Holik-Kovalev

tho I'd like to see:

Simon-Lindros-Jagr
Barnaby-Nedved-Kovalev
Rucinsky-Holik-Lundmark

Id do something like this:

Rucinsky-Nedved-Jagr
Simon-Lindros-Kovalev
Rheaume-Holik-Barnaby
Lacoture-Messier-Ortmeyer

When Lundmark returns he could fit in with Holik maybe..

nyr5186 01-23-2004 09:19 PM

I'd do this...

Rucinsky-Lindros-Kovalev
Simon-Holik-Barnaby
Rheaume-Messier-Ortmeyer

I think most of us agree that when Lundmark comes back next week, he should replace Hlavac on Nedved's left. Until then, I urge Hlavac to show all he's got in the next 3 games, because that could his last chance to salvage a spot in the lineup. Nedved and Jagr had chemistry together in Pittsburgh, plus theyre good friends and fellow countrymen. Theres no doubt in my mind that they should be playing together.

Also, I really dont wanna seperate Simon and Barnaby. They've been together virtually all season and they bring toughness and energy every game. No need to seperate them. Couple that with Holik in the middle, and you've got one mean checking 3rd line.

Finally guys playing in the roles they should be playing in. But I doubt Sather is competent enough to realize this. I wouldnt be surprised if Sather continued to use Kovalev on Holik's wing and we'll probably see Jagr on Messier's wing somewhere along the line.

p.l.f. 01-23-2004 09:22 PM

i would try:

nedved lindros jagr
rucinsky holik kovalev

and if nedved sucks replace him with simon or barnaby

Fire Sather 01-23-2004 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
I'd do this...

Rucinsky-Lindros-Kovalev
Simon-Holik-Barnaby
Rheaume-Messier-Ortmeyer

I think most of us agree that when Lundmark comes back next week, he should replace Hlavac on Nedved's left. Until then, I urge Hlavac to show all he's got in the next 3 games, because that could his last chance to salvage a spot in the lineup. Nedved and Jagr had chemistry together in Pittsburgh, plus theyre good friends and fellow countrymen. Theres no doubt in my mind that they should be playing together.

Also, I really dont wanna seperate Simon and Barnaby. They've been together virtually all season and they bring toughness and energy every game. No need to seperate them. Couple that with Holik in the middle, and you've got one mean checking 3rd line.

Finally guys playing in the roles they should be playing in. But I doubt Sather is competent enough to realize this. I wouldnt be surprised if Sather continued to use Kovalev on Holik's wing and we'll probably see Jagr on Messier's wing somewhere along the line.

I like those ideas alot. Id rather keep Barnaby and Simon togther if we could.

King Nothing* 01-23-2004 09:27 PM

He pretty much sucks. You know if he only played 7 games for Columbus he can't be that good. All he does is take penalties and has about 11 goals in his career. Fairly old too. So where is the bright side? We give up an 8th round draft pick that Sather would screw up anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leetchie2
I read we acquired Jamie Pushor too. What do you guys know about him? Also, I keep hearing Jagr will be put with Nedved and Hlavac. I don't like that. Stick Jagr with Barnaby and Lindros. Lindros need a goal scorer on his wing and Barnaby could carry the puck up for them. Or Rucinsky. But Jagr needs to be with Lindros. I like the deal. We didn't give up a top prospect and we're only paying him 6 mil a year. Anson Carter was awful. I think the argument "this deal didn't address our d corps, therefore it was bad" is a stupid one. Sather still has a chance to address our defensive holes. Even if he doesn't, who wouldn't pass up a chance to get a top goal scorer at a reduced price for an ineffective player? It's a good deal. I hope we address our D holes now. Cya.

Fire Sather 01-23-2004 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Nothing
He pretty much sucks. You know if he only played 7 games for Columbus he can't be that good. All he does is take penalties and has about 11 goals in his career. Fairly old too. So where is the bright side? We give up an 8th round draft pick that Sather would screw up anyway.

Yeah, if he couldnt crack the top 6 in Columbus hes not much.

King Nothing* 01-23-2004 09:32 PM

Here is the first line I would set up:

Hlavac - Kovalev - Jagr

This way Jagr's goal scoring will average out perfectly with his linemates. Then he won't look like the big bucket of lard he really is.

dedalus 01-23-2004 09:36 PM

Lindros needs someone to fetch the puck for him. He likes big linemates. Jagr is a natural for him and Simon, while not a true power forward, enjoys cleaning the walls and can finish sometimes:

Simon-Lindros-Jagr

Holik and Rucinsky enjoy playing together and have shown a great deal of chemistry doing it (at BOTH ends of the ice). Allow Kovalev to play with them again on the second line. They did good things early in the season until teams really keyed their line as the top one. Jagr/Lindros should prevent that, and hopefully can help reignite the chem of:

Rucinsky - Holik - Kovalev

Enough is enough with Jan Hlavac. Let him earn his daily bread elsewhere and let Lundmark play with Nedved. The kid has the wheels to keep up with Petr, and they could both use some grit in their presence:

Barnaby - Nedved - Lundmark

Finally:

Rheaume - Messier - Ortmeyer

p.l.f. 01-23-2004 09:38 PM

pushor will fight for you and clear the net
better than nothing

Vincent Vega 01-23-2004 09:38 PM

Ruchinsky - Lindros - Kovalev
Simon - Nedved - Jagr
Lundmark - Holik - Barnaby
Rheaume - Messier - Ortmeyer

Edge 01-23-2004 10:08 PM

ah the neverending hlvac project.

funy when he was scoring close to 30 goals, Sather couldn't keep his mouth shut. Hlvac is on pace for 15 and you couldn't beat a peep out of him.

ihatenewjersey 01-24-2004 12:39 AM

simon-lindros-barney
rucinsky-holik-kovalev
hlavac-nedved-jagr
pascal-mess-ort

look at our first three lines, it should scream diaster for any team we play against, unless one that has 3 checking units, we should win games 10-6, but will have a good test tomorrow in ottawa, i think it would be hilarious if we lose tomorrow, sather will have to make a move for a d-man, kiss lundy good bye

Barnaby 01-24-2004 01:53 AM

Lundmark-Nedved-Jagr
Simon-Lindros-Kovalev
Rucinsky-Holik-Barnaby

Boo yaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindros gets a winger who can score and a grinder.

Nedved finally gets a top notch winger. We aren't only adding Jagr's points, this should also improve Nedveds game drastically. Lundmarks game should really improve with the room and passes Jagr will give him.

Holik has a very solid checking unit. Rucinsky adds speed and Barnaby adds a little bit of heart.

leafaholix* 01-24-2004 05:51 AM

Pushor will do as much as Steve McKenna.

Brooklyn Ranger 01-24-2004 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
Pushor will do as much as Steve McKenna.

Apples and oranges.

klingsor 01-24-2004 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Apples and oranges.

Maybe Pushor will surprise me but I'm guessing they're both lemons.

leafaholix* 01-24-2004 07:48 AM

He was outplayed by 3 rookies and Richard Jackman in preseason.

klingsor 01-24-2004 07:54 AM

Quote:

He was outplayed by 3 rookies and Richard Jackman in preseason.

Mckenna wasn't a d-man with the Rangers.

leafaholix* 01-24-2004 09:11 AM

Played forward?

klingsor 01-24-2004 09:20 AM

Quote:

Played forward?

Yeah, if you can call it that. Very likable guy, though.
The effort was there and he was a good teammate but he just couldn't skate.

Davisian 01-24-2004 09:32 AM

I'm with nyrlundmark..

Ruchinsky Nedved Jagr (posse with a purpose.. ;) )

Simon Lindros Kovalev

Lacouture Holik Barnaby (replace Dan lac with Lundmark upon return)

Rheaume/Lac Mess Ortmeyer

The only switch I might make is to get Ortmeyer with Holik, especially if (for once) they're sent out to check top lines...

Still not a fan of the deal, and the way this team does business, but hopefully one of two things happen.. Jagr carries the team on his back, and deep into the playoffs, or Jagr becomes the final straw that broke Sathers back (tenure)...

kazo 01-24-2004 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihatenewjersey
simon-lindros-barney
rucinsky-holik-kovalev
hlavac-nedved-jagr
pascal-mess-ort

look at our first three lines, it should scream diaster for any team we play against, unless one that has 3 checking units, we should win games 10-6, but will have a good test tomorrow in ottawa, i think it would be hilarious if we lose tomorrow, sather will have to make a move for a d-man, kiss lundy good bye

Let's see. Holik has become a far less physical and mostly disinterested player. Kovalev is a waste of space and has been all year. Hlavac should be in the AHL. Nedved adds nothing to the team. Jagr, as always, will play when he wants to but that won't be often enough. And what will the 4th line add? No offense, no toughness, not much energy except for Ortmeyer.

Those lines will scream disaster alright but not the way you think. Hard work wins hockey games, not multi-million dollar contracts.

klingsor 01-24-2004 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariano
Hlavac would be OK but Jagr could never play with Kovalev. Both players want the puck all the time and Jagr has been known to throw tantrums if he doesn't get it. He essentially order the Pens to play him with two guys, Kip Miller and Jan Hrdina, who would always give him the puck.

They're both RWs, too. But Pitt's PP was pretty good with Jagr at RW and Alex at the right point. Not to say it's gonna work here.