HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Way to Go Refs V.292131236 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=46339)

GoM 01-23-2004 08:53 PM

Way to Go Refs V.292131236
 
Watching the DAL-STL game on TSN, Modano gets a penalty shot (hit the post) after being hauled down after a 2 line pass

Way to go refs :mad:

I'm not really a fan of either team, but it's about 10 feet past the red line

Crazy

degroat* 01-23-2004 09:18 PM

I'm pretty sure it was actually a 3 line pass...

Youreallygotme 01-23-2004 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoM
Watching the DAL-STL game on TSN, Modano gets a penalty shot (hit the post) after being hauled down after a 2 line pass

Way to go refs :mad:

I'm not really a fan of either team, but it's about 10 feet past the red line

Crazy

It is'nt the refs job to critique the linesmen. So if by the linesmans VERY VERY poor judgement it is not a two line pass, He has to call the penalty shot if he feels it is neciassary, two line pass or not. That said, i dont even think it was penalty shot worthy. Meaning it was a bad overall officiating play.

degroat* 01-23-2004 09:56 PM

Wow... Modano just missed an empty net for 10 feet out.

GoM 01-23-2004 09:57 PM

Okay, way to go linesmen.

Don't know how that was even missed....I'm not arguing the penalty shot *too* much, but the fact that they missed the 2-line (or 3-line) pass...wow

Blackjack 01-23-2004 10:10 PM

That Pavel Datsyuk goal that makes everyone wets themselves over was close to a 3 line pass.

dats-13 01-23-2004 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackjack
That Pavel Datsyuk goal that makes everyone wets themselves over was close to a 3 line pass.

yea, in that the closeness makes it all the better
and how can any true hockey fan not wet themselves over that one???

Blackjack 01-23-2004 11:42 PM

Oh, it was a gorgeous goal, not denying that. I just find it hilarious that there were 4 officials on the ice that saw absolutly nothing wrong with that pass. One of the officials was even standing on the blueline motioning that the play was onsides. I'm not trying dig on Datsyuk, Hull or the wings here, I just used this play as an example because I think most people who post here have the video, and because it's so obvious. I think that most breakaways (though not all) either involve a 2 line pass or an offsides pass. Defensemen today are just too good at playing the lines to allow a lot of breakaways otherwise.

Ajacied 01-24-2004 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degroat
Wow... Modano just missed an empty net for 10 feet out.

That seems to be the Stars trademark this season, they usually miss an open net opperunity every game. Hell they did so 3 times vs the Avs last week.

Side not, Turco was scary phenomenal..

Jacob 01-24-2004 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackjack
That Pavel Datsyuk goal that makes everyone wets themselves over was close to a 3 line pass.

I agree with this. That's what I thought everyone was ranting about, at first.

degroat* 01-24-2004 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God
Side not, Turco was scary phenomenal..

Yes, Turco was VERY good. The Blues aren't going to win many games when twice in the same game Demitra has a wide open net and the goaltender dives across and stops the puck with his arm/glove.

Tonight's game should be really interesting. You know Morrow and someone will end up going at it. I wasn't supposed to be going to tonight's game, but my wife got tix in the lower bowl from someone at work, so let's hope that Turco doesn't play as well tomorrow. ;)

Speaking of Morrow.. it should be interesting to see what the league has to say of his hack at Tkachuk's head. I can guarantee you that the Blues will be submitting that to the NHL.

hockeyhomer99 01-24-2004 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degroat
Yes, Turco was VERY good. The Blues aren't going to win many games when twice in the same game Demitra has a wide open net and the goaltender dives across and stops the puck with his arm/glove.

Tonight's game should be really interesting. You know Morrow and someone will end up going at it. I wasn't supposed to be going to tonight's game, but my wife got tix in the lower bowl from someone at work, so let's hope that Turco doesn't play as well tomorrow. ;)

Speaking of Morrow.. it should be interesting to see what the league has to say of his hack at Tkachuk's head. I can guarantee you that the Blues will be submitting that to the NHL.

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH Marty was great.. I don't really think that a penalty shot was warranted.. Mo did get off a shot and it was a fairly good shot at that.. If it had trickled in or something, I could understand, but Osgood had to "play" the shot... Not to sure how that did not get called at least a 2 line..

BTW... Ott- Danton have a date tonite.. And Downey and somebody, anybody, whoever might dance as well.. I am not sure Erskine can get a date for the dance..

Ajacied 01-24-2004 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degroat
Yes, Turco was VERY good. The Blues aren't going to win many games when twice in the same game Demitra has a wide open net and the goaltender dives across and stops the puck with his arm/glove.

Tonight's game should be really interesting. You know Morrow and someone will end up going at it. I wasn't supposed to be going to tonight's game, but my wife got tix in the lower bowl from someone at work, so let's hope that Turco doesn't play as well tomorrow. ;)

Speaking of Morrow.. it should be interesting to see what the league has to say of his hack at Tkachuk's head. I can guarantee you that the Blues will be submitting that to the NHL.

Yeah, like I mentioned in earlier threads, unless Turco stands on his head yet again, the Stars won't stand much of a chance they way the played yesterday.

I thought Morrow was his usual physical self, he also flattended Cajanek at center ice. I think he will have a tough game tonight, lots of Blues will want a piece of him. Too bad Jackman didn't play, he and Morrow usually provide us quite a show..

If I had to make a prediction though, I think the Blues will come out with a spark and win the game by a pretty big margain. It happens all the time when we've beaten a contender..

Snakeeye 01-24-2004 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nucks&flames
It is'nt the refs job to critique the linesmen. So if by the linesmans VERY VERY poor judgement it is not a two line pass, He has to call the penalty shot if he feels it is neciassary, two line pass or not. That said, i dont even think it was penalty shot worthy. Meaning it was a bad overall officiating play.

Actually, I believe that a referee can overrule a linesman on such plays. However, the referee would have to (a) be watching for the pass, and (b) want to overrule is coworker.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.