HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Skills Competition predictions... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=46371)

Red Bull 01-23-2004 10:18 PM

Skills Competition predictions...

Who's gonna win the:
Puckhandling
Fastest skater
hardest/accurate shots
etc.

incawg 01-23-2004 11:07 PM

Flip Kuba :joker:

thestonedkoala 01-23-2004 11:16 PM

Actually Kuba has a cannon of a shot...picked up two assists tonight...problem is he can't hit the broad side of a barn...

MASK 01-23-2004 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incawg

BWAHAHA I read your post then I looked at your homestar avatar.

Seriously :joker:

kira 01-23-2004 11:28 PM

I can't wait to see Pavel Datsyuk go one on one against Brodeur in the shootout...that ought to be a blast.

He should take care of the puckhandling contest...I don't think he'd try for the hardest shot, or the fastest skater, but I can just imagine what he'll do in the shootout...it boggles the mind!

Vlad The Impaler 01-23-2004 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Bull
Who's gonna win the:

Puckhandling

Keith Primeau

Quote:

Who's gonna win the:

Fastest skater

Keith Primeau

Quote:

Who's gonna win the:

hardest/accurate shots

Keith Primeau/Keith Primeau

Quote:

Who's gonna win the:

etc.

Keith Primeau, of course! :p

vitogor 01-23-2004 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incawg

Don't be surprised if he wins hardest shot.

Jeffrey 01-23-2004 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #16
Don't be surprised if he wins hardest shot.

he'll have to beat souray ;)

thestonedkoala 01-23-2004 11:49 PM

Agreed there, Souray has a good shot too, be interesting without MacInnis...

Anthony* 01-23-2004 11:57 PM

i think garon said that souray had the hardest shot on the habs

so i wouldnt be surprised if he won

DBC Tweeker 01-24-2004 12:12 AM

I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible, but Iginla probably has the best chance of winning the hardest shot. Look at last year, he finished second (to MacInnis) and beat Chara, who probably has a harder shot than both Souray and Kuba.

topshelf331 01-24-2004 12:55 AM

I dont see pronger doin anything but passing the puck for the quick shot competition. Although he has a shot that is about 98 before the wrist surgery, and it looks better than ever now, I just dont see him risking it trying to shoot as hard as he can.

Tkachuk wont be great at anything, because his success is always from about 15 ft. around the net.

Hockeycrazed07 01-24-2004 01:46 AM

Patrick Marleau was clocked a couple of years ago as the fastest skater in the NHL when each team had individual skills competitions. I have no problems assuming that, since he's gotten faster in recent years, he'd win that one. Perhaps not easily (as a number of the faster skaters have improved their stride recently), but he could win that one, IMO.

~Crazed.

#44_delivers 01-24-2004 05:46 AM

i have a feeling st louis might win fastest skater
though the ussual odds are its going to be a european.

Upon1 01-24-2004 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kira
I can't wait to see Pavel Datsyuk go one on one against Brodeur in the shootout...that ought to be a blast.

He should take care of the puckhandling contest...I don't think he'd try for the hardest shot, or the fastest skater, but I can just imagine what he'll do in the shootout...it boggles the mind!

Yeah Datsyuk v Brodeur would be cool if it matches up that way. Pity he can't go against Turco! That would be interesting to see if he pulled off a similar move to that awesome one earlier in the season.

I have to say though I don't rate him in the puck control competition. Bookmark this if you want and if he wins I will happily apologise but I think there is no way he can beat St Louis. Players like St Louis and Kariya, who win these things, aren't as good at puck control, but its more a test of acceleration and speed carrying the puck than nifty moves. Not that Datsyuk doesn't possess a healthy amount of both just that IMO he isn't suited to this competition as much as St Louis.

Ajacied 01-24-2004 06:40 AM

Whether they are legit starters or not, the Stars have some solid candidates for the skills competition. Turco stands a solid chance with his fast reflexes and orthodox style, while either Bill (winner in 2000/2001) or Mike (once shot 104.8) should not look out of place at the speed or the hardest shot competition. Whether they will join is a different topic though..

Nielson81 01-24-2004 03:54 PM

One word for all of them...Kovalchuk, I think he could have a chance to clean house.

Unbiased Canadian

SabresRule 01-24-2004 06:55 PM

anyone know what's the hardest shot ever? just wondering.

Roenick should win most accurate, does normally doesnt he? hardest, not sure.

Afino 01-24-2004 07:56 PM

One of the Al's....MacInnis or Iafrate...had i think 107 or 108.

And I will also take Souray for this year's...that is if he does it

Doomsday Device 01-24-2004 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabresRule
anyone know what's the hardest shot ever? just wondering.

Roenick should win most accurate, does normally doesnt he? hardest, not sure.

Al Iafrate hit 105.2 at the '93 All-Star Game Skills Competition.

Redrum 01-24-2004 08:50 PM

It'll probably be someone you don't expect to win the slapshot like possibly Kuba, or maybe Iginla will win it this year after finishing 2nd and 3rd the last couple years.

sensfan18 01-24-2004 11:00 PM

Chara is going to be added to the roster and then take the hardest shot ;)

Jason MacIsaac 01-24-2004 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensfan18
Chara is going to be added to the roster and then take the hardest shot ;)

Ottawa won't have 4 players going to the game. Stevens will be replaced by Gonchar, McCabe or Rafalski. I do know you were joking....or were you?

grapeshine 01-25-2004 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony
i think garon said that souray had the hardest shot on the habs

so i wouldnt be surprised if he won

Interesting. There's no chance he'll be at the allstar game, but I would have guessed that Dagenais can fire it harder than Souray.

SabresRule 01-25-2004 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doomsday Device
Al Iafrate hit 105.2 at the '93 All-Star Game Skills Competition.

oh k nice. that's goto hurt! shame iv never heard of the guy! :D