HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Gdt: Predators @ Oilers 1-24-04 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=46402)

sparkle twin 01-24-2004 02:02 AM

GDT: Predators @ Oilers 1-24-04
 

From NP.com:
Your Nashville Predators play the first end of a back-to-back set of games tonight at 9pm CST when they face the Edmonton Oilers at Rexall Place in Edmonton.

The Predators are seven points ahead of the Oilers in the Western Conference standings. The Predators defeated Edmonton 2-1 just last week in Nashville.

The Predators are coming off a 4-0 loss at Calgary on Thursday night, while Edmonton lost 3-2 at home to the Tampa Bay Lightning .

Tonight's game will be televised on Fox Sports Net and broadcast on the Predators' flagship station, WTN 99.7 FM, and radio affiliates in Huntsville/Decatur and Hohenwald.


Edmonton Board GDT: http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=46387

Jarnberg 01-24-2004 10:36 AM

Do the Preds go into a little funk after their Calgary beating?

Enoch 01-24-2004 12:41 PM

No worries, the keychain is currently drying :yo:

Radulov for Czar* 01-24-2004 01:44 PM

Wonder if Mason will get the start tonight..

crossxcheck 01-24-2004 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
No worries, the keychain is currently drying :yo:

And I'm wearing my preds hoodie that I wasn't able to wear Thursday. All is well in pred land :joker:

biscuithead 01-24-2004 07:24 PM

I don't think this bunch goes into a funk. I look for them to bounce back, although I worry about Leggy's status. First Murray and now this. We're getting weak up the center!

Basher 01-24-2004 07:27 PM

Let's hope that one of our players breaks an "unwritten" rule and we get to hear about how canadians know so much about hockey.

For real though, we do need to step take this game. Points are big, and by default we should beat any team that is lower in us in the standings. I am anxious to see how we come out against this team after beating them last Saturday and no being able to put up any points Thursday. We gotta be smooth, cool, calm, always confident. Go Preds!

Enoch 01-24-2004 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
And I'm wearing my preds hoodie that I wasn't able to wear Thursday. All is well in pred land :joker:

:yo:! 1 - 0 Preds. Andreas with a nice rebound goal!

Joe T Choker 01-24-2004 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
:yo:! 1 - 0 Preds. Andreas with a nice rebound goal!

from Eaton and Legwand for you poolies

Enoch 01-24-2004 09:22 PM

WHOO! 2 - 0.

Theres that one-timer from Legwand. Where is dulzhok when ya need him?

Joe T Choker 01-24-2004 10:07 PM

3-0 Andreas Johansson (2) from Legwand and Walker...woohoo

Enoch 01-24-2004 10:31 PM

Oh finally! FINALLY! Arkhipov with a beautiful defensive play, steals the puck, goes end to end and scores a breakaway, PP goal.

Hopefully this will jumpstart him!

barrytrotzsneck 01-24-2004 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
Oh finally! FINALLY! Arkhipov with a beautiful defensive play, steals the puck, goes end to end and scores a breakaway, PP goal.

Hopefully this will jumpstart him!


if he goes on some kind of scoring streak off of this...i'll happily eat my arkhipov hat.

SmokeyClause 01-24-2004 10:51 PM

All he really needs is confidence. He hasn't enjoyed playing recently (or atleast he doesn't appear to). Maybe this will boost his energy level.

SmokeyClause 01-24-2004 10:54 PM

Think the scored doesn't effect officiating? Neither call would likely have been made in a close game. It's sad Vokie has his SO ruined because of this.

It's amazing how refs, in their zeal to even things up, can literally do just that.

SmokeyClause 01-24-2004 11:09 PM

Well Calgary is getting pummelled by TB 6-2. St. Louis has 3 g's and 1 a. Vinny the Great has 3 a's.

Looks like Toots got Calgary off their game :D It's a shame he did it at the end of our game. Could have helped us at the beginning.

barrytrotzsneck 01-24-2004 11:12 PM

this game is making me a lot more nervous than it should be.

barrytrotzsneck 01-24-2004 11:33 PM

that third period was among the worst we've played all year. we thought we could sleep on a 4 goal lead, and sat back into defensive hockey WAY too early. pressure got us the lead, and pressure should have protected it. what should have been a satisfying win has left a bad taste in my mouth, and i'm not all that excited about vancouver, tomorrow.

SmokeyClause 01-24-2004 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
that third period was among the worst we've played all year. we thought we could sleep on a 4 goal lead, and sat back into defensive hockey WAY too early. pressure got us the lead, and pressure should have protected it. what should have been a satisfying win has left a bad taste in my mouth, and i'm not all that excited about vancouver, tomorrow.

From a next game standpoint, I'd rather win like this than 4-0. Last thing I want is us to be all cocky going into Vancouver. Atleast this will give Trotz a chance to jump down their throats.

SmokeyClause 01-24-2004 11:41 PM

STL lost and we are now 1 point back though they have a game in hand. They play ATL, Vancouver and NJ. This could put us ahead of them. Maybe this will force their hand into making a blockbuster trade (leveraging the future for a futile attempt at the Cup).

barrytrotzsneck 01-24-2004 11:46 PM

by the way, what was HARTNELL thinking? didn't he learn anything from the toronto game? he's going to be VERY lucky if he gets off with just a fine.

SmokeyClause 01-24-2004 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
by the way, what was HARTNELL thinking? didn't he learn anything from the toronto game? he's going to be VERY lucky if he gets off with just a fine.

Yeah, our only hope is that Hartnell convinces them he was just aiming for the netting.

Spaceace 01-24-2004 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
STL lost and we are now 1 point back though they have a game in hand. They play ATL, Vancouver and NJ. This could put us ahead of them. Maybe this will force their hand into making a blockbuster trade (leveraging the future for a futile attempt at the Cup).

Yeah,like the Preds will go far in the playoffs,if they make them. :teach:

SmokeyClause 01-24-2004 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weight39
Yeah,like the Preds will go far in the playoffs,if they make them. :teach:

I don't think the Preds need to go far into the playoffs to justify the season. The Blues do. When you spend like they spend, failure isn't acceptable. The Preds spend 1/3 of what the Blues spend. Beating them in the regular season would be worthwhile to me. I'd rather them not go to far in the playoffs (unless they win the SC). I don't want people getting ahead of themselves around here.

Cerebral 01-25-2004 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I'd rather them not go to far in the playoffs (unless they win the SC). I don't want people getting ahead of themselves around here.

You know that's a lie.. ;) Each and every hometeam fan here would choose their team going far in the playoffs at the expense of some messageboard junkies getting riled up..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.