HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I'm a bit disapointed with CJ! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=46436)

Mats NAslund 01-24-2004 08:39 AM

I'm a bit disapointed with CJ!
 
I'm surprised he played Theodore last night vs. the Devils when he could have started Garon and rested Theodre for the Leafs. Theodre played very well, but was often asked to make some big saves which takes effort and energy. I hope Theodore isn't too tired for the leafs because this is a huge game in all aspects!

By the way I'm eating crow and happy to admit it! I was a huge Theodore basher last year and for the early part of this year but I have to admit the kid turned it around and I'm happy to see it. I still think we have a great goalie behind him and CJ should go to him more often to give Theodore a rest. Last night would have been the perfect scenario. We beat Phily and are about to play back to back nights.


GO HABS GO!

Stephan Lebeau 01-24-2004 09:08 AM

In CJ I trust. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

Heater15 01-24-2004 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
I hope Theodore isn't too tired for the leafs because this is a huge game in all aspects!

Last night was also a huge game. The devils were what 1 point ahead of the Habs going into the game. Garon is a good goalie but when it is Marty B. at the other end then you play Theo. That was a big 2 points. A win would have had them tied for 5th, but now they are 2 points out of 6th

RE-HABS 01-24-2004 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
I'm surprised he played Theodore last night vs. the Devils when he could have started Garon and rested Theodre for the Leafs. Theodre played very well, but was often asked to make some big saves which takes effort and energy. I hope Theodore isn't too tired for the leafs because this is a huge game in all aspects!

By the way I'm eating crow and happy to admit it! I was a huge Theodore basher last year and for the early part of this year but I have to admit the kid turned it around and I'm happy to see it. I still think we have a great goalie behind him and CJ should go to him more often to give Theodore a rest. Last night would have been the perfect scenario. We beat Phily and are about to play back to back nights.


GO HABS GO!

Because all of the leagues best goalies never play important games back to back (Belfour, Broduer, Vokoun...). The top goalies in this league play 65 -75 games now a days. NJ isn't Columbus, we needed the #1 in that game.

Good decision by CJ to play his AllStar netminder in a BIG game.

Habber 01-24-2004 09:22 AM

Theo's record in the 2nd game when he played back-to-back nights:
4 wins, 0 losses, 4 goals allowed.

I think CJ knows what he's doing.

caper13 01-24-2004 09:24 AM

theo was the only one to show up last night but even he did not have to work up much of a sweat so all should be in good shape tonight .....what is the word on ward i hope he is alright that guy needs a break he is snakebitten.

JV 01-24-2004 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habber
Theo's record in the 2nd game when he played back-to-back nights:
4 wins, 0 losses, 4 goals allowed.

I think CJ knows what he's doing.

Ditto. Plus, we had two days of uninterrupted rest and relaxation to get ready for this back to back thing. And it's not as if Theo didn't look sharp last night. Elias picked his spot on the breakaway, and the second goal was tipped.

We lost 2-0 to one of the best teams in hockey, on the road. People talk as if the sky was falling. If we weren't playing as well as we've been playing lately, educated fans would expect to lose going into Jersey.

BigM1ke 01-24-2004 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habber
Theo's record in the 2nd game when he played back-to-back nights:
4 wins, 0 losses, 4 goals allowed.

I think CJ knows what he's doing.

That's a pretty good point. :handclap:

Puke` 01-24-2004 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
I'm surprised he played Theodore last night vs. the Devils when he could have started Garon and rested Theodre for the Leafs. Theodre played very well, but was often asked to make some big saves which takes effort and energy. I hope Theodore isn't too tired for the leafs because this is a huge game in all aspects!

By the way I'm eating crow and happy to admit it! I was a huge Theodore basher last year and for the early part of this year but I have to admit the kid turned it around and I'm happy to see it. I still think we have a great goalie behind him and CJ should go to him more often to give Theodore a rest. Last night would have been the perfect scenario. We beat Phily and are about to play back to back nights.


GO HABS GO!

I don't want to sound rude but there's a reason why Claude Julien is behind the Montreal Canadiens bench and you/we are behind a computer screen. ;)

I really think we should start putting a little more trust in the team's coaching/management staff.

jcpenny 01-24-2004 12:43 PM

Quick question, why didnt we see Markov on the Power Play Yesterday? Rivet was there with Brisebois...

Corey 01-24-2004 01:45 PM

I'd rather have Théodore play against those two teams than Garon. Besides, he had two nights off, without travel, after the Flyers game, and he faced only 24 shots against the Devils.

RE-HABS 01-24-2004 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey
I'd rather have Théodore play against those two teams than Garon. Besides, he had two nights off, without travel, after the Flyers game, and he faced only 24 shots against the Devils.

Great points and what better way to be ready tonight for the Leafs than playing a great NJ team. I would rather a hot and ready Theo to play back to back than him have a long layoff before such a big game, CJ obviously saw the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcpenny
Quick question, why didnt we see Markov on the Power Play Yesterday? Rivet was there with Brisebois...

He probably isn't 100% yet.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.