HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Jagr's Linemates? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=46502)

knowitall 01-24-2004 01:31 PM

Jagr's Linemates?

Who is going to play with jags tonite vs ottawa? Rucinsky and kovy? Whats the practice lines like? What would be the best fit for jags? Holik? Simon?

tm 01-24-2004 01:42 PM

How about a "Czech-ing" line - Jagr, Nedved & Rucinsky? (when Nedved comes back from injury).
Would that make sense at all?

Maximus 01-24-2004 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tm
How about a "Czech-ing" line - Jagr, Nedved & Rucinsky? (when Nedved comes back from injury).
Would that make sense at all?

I like that quite a bit TM.......Nedved between Jagr and Rucinsky. Put Kovalev and Barnaby between Lindros......Put Simon and Hlavac between Holik and finally put Lacoutre and Ortmeyer with Messier.......We do this, we are in very nice shape.

-Maxie

Fletch 01-24-2004 02:36 PM

I think eventually...

Jags plays with Nedved and Hlavac (or perhaps Lundmark gets a birthday gift, which I'd love to see), pending Hlavac moving someplace else. Lindros still needs to get Kovalev on his right, and Holilk needs a grinder to his right. While I'm sick of the Rangers being the only team that can afford anybody, I do believe that Jagr's an improvement over Carter and can elevate Nedved's game. The Rangers can now have four lines that make sense. Here's what I mean:

Lundmark- Nedved-Jagr (#1 line - good scoring and a young winger to have fun)
Simon-Lindros-Kovalev (a very good #2 line. Good size, and will be tough on second defense pairings as the #1 pairings focus on the top line. Could be very dangerous)
Rucinsky-Holik-Barnaby (good combo of size, speed, grit, and all can score and handle the puck. Good trio to face top lines)
Lacouture-Messier-Ortmeyer (the true fourth line we've all been waiting for. Mess' minutes will diminish, most likely, with the arrival of Jags, and that could be to Mess', and the team's benefit).

Now, how do you fix the mess on the blue line and in goal? I guess by hoping your lines control possession.

deathbear 01-24-2004 02:45 PM

imagine if bure would only get healthy...holy ****.

slim399 01-24-2004 03:14 PM

I agree with the four lines.

Is Lundmark ready to play? Any chance for tonight?

maybe we can package hlavac and someone else for another defensmen

As for a goaltending. How long is Dunham out for? St. Louis put Brent Johnson on waivers recently, maybe we could get him for mid pick.

Brooklyn Ranger 01-24-2004 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
Jags plays with Nedved and Hlavac (or perhaps Lundmark gets a birthday gift, which I'd love to see), pending Hlavac moving someplace else. Lindros still needs to get Kovalev on his right, and Holilk needs a grinder to his right. While I'm sick of the Rangers being the only team that can afford anybody, I do believe that Jagr's an improvement over Carter and can elevate Nedved's game. The Rangers can now have four lines that make sense. Here's what I mean:

Lundmark- Nedved-Jagr (#1 line - good scoring and a young winger to have fun)
Simon-Lindros-Kovalev (a very good #2 line. Good size, and will be tough on second defense pairings as the #1 pairings focus on the top line. Could be very dangerous)
Rucinsky-Holik-Barnaby (good combo of size, speed, grit, and all can score and handle the puck. Good trio to face top lines)
Lacouture-Messier-Ortmeyer (the true fourth line we've all been waiting for. Mess' minutes will diminish, most likely, with the arrival of Jags, and that could be to Mess', and the team's benefit).

Now, how do you fix the mess on the blue line and in goal? I guess by hoping your lines control possession.

I think your lines make real sense. Of course, that means Jackass will do something different.

Lundmark is about a week away from playing according to a newspaper report on Friday.