HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Jason Smith....what would it cost Buffalo? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=46513)

TehDoak 01-24-2004 02:17 PM

Jason Smith....what would it cost Buffalo?

Just curious as to what the Oilers are asking in return for J. Smith. My offer:

To Edmonton: Tallinder, Afinogenov
To Buffalo: Smith, 3rd round pick

Thoughts?

herecomesdabus 01-24-2004 02:19 PM

Isn't Afinogenov damaged goods?

Headaches, post concussion syndrome?

Scorpion88 01-24-2004 02:22 PM

Edmonton Gets: Biron + First Round Pick
Buffalo: Smith

disles1 01-24-2004 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdoak

Thoughts?

Isles could do better for Smith---Martinek, Mapletoft or Papineau or Bates

Limey 01-24-2004 03:13 PM

The oil would need a Goalie or D-man back ...

Biron would suffice I'd have to say.

Burke's Evil Spirit 01-24-2004 03:14 PM

Haha, talk about overvaluing of Smith here. I'd be surprised if he went for more than a second-round pick.

TehDoak 01-24-2004 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Limey
The oil would need a Goalie or D-man back ...

Biron would suffice I'd have to say.

Where do i sign...?

KillToronto 01-24-2004 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion88

I don't think so.

ErnestoGuevara 01-24-2004 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion88

:lol:
Biron for Smith
or
1st for Smith (even there I think it's over what Smith is worth)

Not both.

SabresRule 01-24-2004 04:43 PM

Biron for Smith sounds excellent. Shame it's darcy. :cry:

Vyse64 01-24-2004 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabresRule
Biron for Smith sounds excellent. Shame it's darcy. :cry:

sign me up

Takeo 01-24-2004 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herecomesdabus
Isn't Afinogenov damaged goods?

Headaches, post concussion syndrome?

No. He struggled with the concussion last season. He's been symptom free this year and his game has been very aggressive. He's actually been one of Buffalo's most consistent workers.

FlyHigh 01-24-2004 06:09 PM

Why would the Oilers need Biron. They like Conklin a lot and he has been good... Could the disappointing Satan be involved or is his salary too big for Lowe?

gonzo11 01-24-2004 06:20 PM

A--Sal to big
B--HE is going to be UFA soon
C--The oilers sink any lower in the standings they will want picks and young guys

OIlers have enough headache without him

SabresRule 01-24-2004 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyHigh
Why would the Oilers need Biron. They like Conklin a lot and he has been good... Could the disappointing Satan be involved or is his salary too big for Lowe?

iv heard people say it not too bad. but it's $5mill. which i would have thought is way to big. they might need biron to shift Salo.

Smith would be perfect here, and if you wanted youth, we could give up tallinder,Campbell, Pyatt, Maxim, even Roy, since we're overloaded with small guys.

Takeo 01-24-2004 06:50 PM

Quote:

Smith would be perfect here, and if you wanted youth, we could give up tallinder,Campbell, Pyatt, Maxim, even Roy, since we're overloaded with small guys.

Pyatt and Roy would never be dealt for Jason Smith. That said, I think Smith would be a stable veteran presence on the blueline, a nice partner for Kalinin as the #1 pairing. A package could be offered including players like Afinogenov, Tallinder, Biron, Campbell, Pominville, Novotny, or Ryan.

SabresRule 01-24-2004 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeo21
Pyatt and Roy would never be dealt for Jason Smith. That said, I think Smith would be a stable veteran presence on the blueline, a nice partner for Kalinin as the #1 pairing. A package could be offered including players like Afinogenov, Tallinder, Biron, Campbell, Pominville, Novotny, or Ryan.

not pommivile, or ryan, rest i could part with. i would be happy to part with pyatt, infact more than happy. i WANT pyatt out of here.

Takeo 01-24-2004 07:04 PM

Quote:

not pommivile, or ryan, rest i could part with.

I think Pominville and Ryan are strong prospects as well but, considering we also have Vanek, Paille, Gaustad, Klepis, and technically Roy and Bartovic in the forward pipeline, a couple guys will be lost in the numbers game. If Edmonton would rather have a prospect over Max + Tallinder or Biron or whoever in a return for Smith, I'd have to do that.

camboy 01-24-2004 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdoak

Thoughts?

I would think Lowe hangs up the phone and takes calls from Toronto, Tampa, Florida, Ottawa, New York, Boston, Montreal, Detroit and St.Louis before even considering that offer.
Not that it is a bad proposal...but I don't think it helps address the Oiler's needs. I think if Smith gets traded at or before the deadline it will be a one for one deal.

Mowzie 01-25-2004 12:28 AM

Smith and Smyth for Kotalik and Biron?

FacelessButcher 01-25-2004 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowzie

You know sometimes it's not the best idea to whack your fingers on the keyboard when you come home drunk.

SabresRule 01-25-2004 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeo21
I think Pominville and Ryan are strong prospects as well but, considering we also have Vanek, Paille, Gaustad, Klepis, and technically Roy and Bartovic in the forward pipeline, a couple guys will be lost in the numbers game. If Edmonton would rather have a prospect over Max + Tallinder or Biron or whoever in a return for Smith, I'd have to do that.

paille is still to be signed. ditto for Vanek. Gausted sucks this year. anyway, pomiville is by far the best out of those this year, a point per game. i would class him as untouchable. Roy i could part with, only for a player like Smith tho. Maxim, tallinder, Biron im sure out of those a deal could be worked.

SabresRule 01-25-2004 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowzie

i love it. SO one sided on our side. deja vu for oiler fans. *cough*satan*cough*

barnaby63 01-25-2004 08:18 AM

Smith can be had for a 2nd round pick?

How about Dunham+3rd rounder for Smith and a mid-level prospect?

Slats432 01-25-2004 12:42 PM

The Oiler's wouldn't add a goalie. If that was the case, then they would lose either Conklin or Salo on waivers which I don't think they would do. If the discussions take place in the offseason, and since Biron is a RFA, it the Oilers sign him for cheap then it would work because hopefully the Oilers will have good sense and decline Salo's option, or move him at the deadline.

Until something is done with Salo, adding Biron is not likely.