HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Fire Sather (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=46573)

Leetchie2 01-24-2004 07:51 PM

Fire Sather

Just do it.

#37-#93-#27* 01-24-2004 08:01 PM

Can't imagine him getting fired anytime soon considering little Jimmy gave him the flexability to add another giant contract.

Brooklyn Ranger 01-24-2004 09:30 PM

Very little chance of that happening before the end of the season. However, all bets are off if they look as bad as they did tonight for the 3 home games coming up this week.

Shadowtron 01-24-2004 09:38 PM

I don't see how he survives 4 straight drubbings. Not just losses, but all out ass kickings. It's obvious he's lost touch with today's league. It's obvious he has little control over his team. And if the drubbings aren't enough, the line combo of Nedved/Hlavac/Jagr should get him the axe. What the hell is he thinking? Two of the three on that line have been firing blanks all season. And Hlavac shouldn't even be in the lineup!!!! How does this guy keep getting top line dutiy?!?

Son of Steinbrenner 01-24-2004 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowtron
I don't see how he survives 4 straight drubbings. Not just losses, but all out ass kickings. It's obvious he's lost touch with today's league. It's obvious he has little control over his team. And if the drubbings aren't enough, the line combo of Nedved/Hlavac/Jagr should get him the axe. What the hell is he thinking? Two of the three on that line have been firing blanks all season. And Hlavac shouldn't even be in the lineup!!!! How does this guy keep getting top line dutiy?!?

i think sather needs to be removed as coach i don't think he will be fired as gm. does he deserve to be? yes he does and i was his biggest supporter.

#37-#93-#27* 01-24-2004 09:42 PM

I thought he rebuilt the system and only made great trades.

dedalus 01-24-2004 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
i think sather needs to be removed as coach i don't think he will be fired as gm. does he deserve to be? yes he does and i was his biggest supporter.

"One of us! One of us! One of us!" :rolly:

Theoren Fan 01-24-2004 09:42 PM

Quote:

was?

dedalus 01-24-2004 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27

Hey! The guy finally saw the light. Why are you gonna' beat him up for it?

Son of Steinbrenner 01-24-2004 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27

things aren't working i can see that. dude i'm rangers fan just like you this team just lost 9-1. i don't get paid to suger-coat this. i see this isn't working. hey you loved the jagr trade just as much as me. i think its time for sather to go. sometimes things don't work out in sports. look at the 92 mets they had all the talent in the world and should have won 100 games. you know there story, they sucked. i still think sather had all the right motives when he made all the moves he did. lets face it sather is going to be known more by what has happened with the rangers more than anything he did with the oilers. do you think he wanted to fail? i don't think supporting an organization is wrong. i'm proud i supported sather until this point but its time for him to go. if he is fired is the team in better shape than when he took over? nobody will know the answer to that for a few years. so yes i think he should be fired. my guess is keenan will be the coach for mondays game and sather will remain the gm.

Son of Steinbrenner 01-24-2004 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedalus
"One of us! One of us! One of us!" :rolly:

my friend i'm proud to be put in the same category as somebody as classy as you. :)

#37-#93-#27* 01-24-2004 10:04 PM

Quote:

Hey! The guy finally saw the light. Why are you gonna' beat him up for it?

It goes both ways. ;)

Theoren Fan 01-24-2004 10:54 PM

SOS, say it ain't so...Sather's really done it now, even Glenjar is turning his back on TLB.

Quote:

See i dont, know why, i liked you so much
I gave you all, of my trust
I told you, i loved you, now thats all down the drain
Ya put me through pain, i wanna let u know that i feel

**** what I said, it don't mean **** now
**** the presents, might as well throw them out
**** all those trades if it didn't mean jack
**** you you hoe, I don't want you back.

:)

Son of Steinbrenner 01-24-2004 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo Fan
i have nothing better to do with my time ;)

:)

RFAN 01-25-2004 10:39 AM

well....

Is there anyone today that can replace Slats? Who? Remember Jimmy likes the big name types. And can they really change anything ?

L.I.RangerFan 01-25-2004 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFAN
Is there anyone today that can replace Slats? Who? Remember Jimmy likes the big name types. And can they really change anything ?

Remember when the Mets fired Phillips, alot of the other GM's stated that they hated dealing with him because of his arrogance. The Mets replaced him with a more likable person in Duquette and he was able to make some deals that no one thought he could.

Same thing should happen here. There are plenty of up and coming young assistant GM's out there. David Conte, Anders Hedberg and Steve Tambellini to name a few. If I am right, most would have out clauses in their contracts to allow them to leave for a higher position. (Maybe Edge could help me out here, with the contract issues).

For coaches, maybe Paul Maurice, Kevin Constantine. But with the team constructed as it is, this coach better have a tough personality or the so-called veterans will walk all over him.

dedalus 01-25-2004 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
There are plenty of up and coming young assistant GM's out there. David Conte, Anders Hedberg and Steve Tambellini to name a few. If I am right, most would have out clauses in their contracts to allow them to leave for a higher position.

The question is, who would want the job? If the position comes with a directive by Dolan to get into the playoffs at all costs and ASAP, any of these younger guys are walking in with their hands partially tied. If I was a guy like Conte whose best asset is the scouting and drafting of young talent, there's no way I take the job with Dolan screaming, "Playoffs!!!" over my shoulder. With a little patience any of these guys can get a job with a team that's actually looking to construct a team the right way, so why tarnish your professional reputation by hitching your wagon to Dolan's?

RFAN 01-25-2004 11:43 AM

Quote:

Remember when the Mets fired Phillips, alot of the other GM's stated that they hated dealing with him because of his arrogance. The Mets replaced him with a more likable person in Duquette and he was able to make some deals that no one thought he could.

Same thing should happen here. There are plenty of up and coming young assistant GM's out there. David Conte, Anders Hedberg and Steve Tambellini to name a few. If I am right, most would have out clauses in their contracts to allow them to leave for a higher position. (Maybe Edge could help me out here, with the contract issues).

For coaches, maybe Paul Maurice, Kevin Constantine. But with the team constructed as it is, this coach better have a tough personality or the so-called veterans will walk all over him.

The only problem is we don't hire up and comers very often. Not to mention Little Jimmy wants the win now not tommorrow type person! One of Slats biggest mistake was not hiring a real coach last year, when some big names were out there.

SwisshockeyAcademy 01-25-2004 11:57 AM

Glen is going to be under fire from the media this week and it may be time to issue a playoff guarantee, that will keep the sharks at bay.

L.I.RangerFan 01-25-2004 11:58 AM

Quote:

The question is, who would want the job? If the position comes with a directive by Dolan to get into the playoffs at all costs and ASAP, any of these younger guys are walking in with their hands partially tied. If I was a guy like Conte whose best asset is the scouting and drafting of young talent, there's no way I take the job with Dolan screaming, "Playoffs!!!" over my shoulder. With a little patience any of these guys can get a job with a team that's actually looking to construct a team the right way, so why tarnish your professional reputation by hitching your wagon to Dolan's?

I agree with you Dedalus. But I truly believe that with the right person(s) as GM and coach, the deadwood would be gone, young and hungry players would be brought in to supplement the veterans. Brooks said it right in his article, when he said the coach didn't coach. Holik is not being used right, Hlavac is still in the lineup, no changes in the lines last night (except Mess?).

This "team" does have alot of talent. But when players are not held accountable, coaches don't coach and change things up, the only thing to do is try someone else. The only change that Sather used, was one that he relies entirely too much on, Messier. The players are crying out for accountablity and some type of fundamentals but no one is listening. That no one is the COACH and GM.

dedalus 01-25-2004 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwisshockeyAcademy
Glen is going to be under fire from the media this week and it may be time to issue a playoff guarantee, that will keep the sharks at bay.

I would LOVE that, not least to see if Dolan would be fool enough to back Sather again.

dedalus 01-25-2004 12:03 PM

Quote:

The players are crying out for accountablity and some type of fundamentals

Well by "players" you mean Holik, of course. But by what right does HE question a Hockey Legend? What does Bobby Holik know about winning? How many Cup rings does HE wear ...

... err ... never mind.