HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Hold Hook & Grab (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=46577)

gruntsplatter 01-24-2004 06:58 PM

Hold Hook & Grab

I'm watching the Avs/Penguins game, and the Pens announcers actually had "Hold, Hook & Grab" as one of the keys to the game. I guess I can't blame them, but found it pretty funny.

TexSen 01-24-2004 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gruntsplatter
I'm watching the Avs/Penguins game, and the Pens announcers actually had "Hold, Hook & Grab" as one of the keys to the game. I guess I can't blame them, but found it pretty funny.

Despite the score, that is exactly what the Sens/Pens 6-5 game was. It was dreadful to watch.

Steve L* 01-24-2004 07:44 PM

Im watching the Habs Leafs game and Sundin hooked a Habs player for about 50-60 feet without moving his feet and there was no call. Unbelievable.

Steve Latin* 01-24-2004 08:31 PM

That stuff is becoming mainstream in all sports these days, not just hockey. Has anyone seen a Patriots playoff game?

S L

Steve L* 01-24-2004 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeofWindsor
Yeah, and Marchment had blood dripping down his face from a high-stick, which was not called. Unbelievable.

Yeah, but the best one was on Koivu, 2 minutes for being pushed by Belfour. I really cant explain that one or the phantom face off interference call. Leafs deserved to win but the Habs were screwed by the refs about 4 times, Leafs once.

Habsolution 01-24-2004 09:12 PM

Ok let me preface by saying we lost fair and square to the leafs and by no means what I'm going to say has any link with the loss of tonight.

Last season we kept hearing about the famous crackdown on obstruction. We all knew what would happen. More penalties in the first half, and gradually less and less until the end. This is exactly what happened. But AT LEAST they tried. This season we heard nothing about a crackdown and it was bad from the get go. And the bad thing is that it's getting worse.

Absolutely terrible job by the referees in the Habs-TO game. For both sides. There were tons of obvious calls that were missed, some that had no business being called and ... just horrible.

And what's up with the new trend of awarding a penalty shot each game ? Have the referees got orders from the NHL to give more of them cuz it's more "exciting" ?

From year to year it's getting worse and worse.

Enoch 01-24-2004 10:09 PM

How does this turn into a Leaf whine thread???

:shakehead

I saw that hook,hold, and grab thing, then sat disgusted while they said the Penguins needed to use it to stop the Avs speedy players. They said the refs. weren't calling it, so they need to use it, if they want to win.

NHL Officiating = the best in all sports. Its funny when the key to the game is a blatant infraction of the rules :joker:

stardog 01-25-2004 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gruntsplatter

Yeah, as a Pens fan that actually disturbed me. I think it's crap, and I cant stand that alot of teams are doing it now and the NHL is letting teams get away with it.

stardog 01-25-2004 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
How does this turn into a Leaf whine thread???

:shakehead

I saw that hook,hold, and grab thing, then sat disgusted while they said the Penguins needed to use it to stop the Avs speedy players. They said the refs. weren't calling it, so they need to use it, if they want to win.

NHL Officiating = the best in all sports. Its funny when the key to the game is a blatant infraction of the rules :joker:

They didn't say that the Pens needed to use it to stop the AVS "speedy" players. He said that the refs weren't calling it so they may as well use it to thier advantage. The Pens have many speedy forwards as well.

DJ Spinoza 01-25-2004 12:05 AM

There wasn't a lot of obstruction tonight, really. But the point of this remains the same. Wake up, NHL.

Enoch 01-25-2004 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing
There wasn't a lot of obstruction tonight, really. But the point of this remains the same. Wake up, NHL.

I was surprised. There were a few blatant interference plays not called (concerning both teams), but nothing major, and nothing like I expected after seeing the keys to the game. The fact remains, though, that teams are just going to take advantage of lax officiating, as evidenced by the keys to the game for the Pens tonight. Good call MKN.

Stardog- At the time they mentioned the hook, hold, and grab, they specifically were saying that they needed to use it to hold the Avalanche's speedy and potent offense at bay. Why else would you do that? It's a no-brainer....

stardog 01-25-2004 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
I was surprised. There were a few blatant interference plays not called, but nothing major, and nothing like I expected after seeing the keys to the game. The fact remains, though, that teams are just going to take advantage of lax officiating, as evidenced by the keys to the game for the Pens tonight. Good call MKN.

Stardog- At the time they mentioned the hook, hold, and grab, they specifically were saying that they needed to use it to hold the Avalanche's speedy and potent offense at bay. Why else would you do that? It's a no-brainer....

Of course Enoch, of course....

HF_Rangers 01-25-2004 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Latin
That stuff is becoming mainstream in all sports these days, not just hockey. Has anyone seen a Patriots playoff game?

S L

I'm a Colts fan... I know Manning had a bad game but if the refs even paid close attention to the blatant holding by the Pats I think it would be the Colts in the Super Bowl instead of the Pats.

stardog 01-25-2004 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HF_Rangers
I'm a Colts fan... I know Manning had a bad game but if the refs even paid close attention to the blatant holding by the Pats I think it would be the Colts in the Super Bowl instead of the Pats.

That game was just BRUTAL by the refs.

dats-13 01-25-2004 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardog
That game was just BRUTAL by the refs.

I know...the Pats hold as much as most of the teams in this league...

But, of course the refs can't see everything /end sarcasm