HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   trade away older players or keep them? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=465829)

clemsonRanger 01-15-2008 01:55 PM

trade away older players or keep them?
 
Do we get ride of the straka, shannys or jagrs etc.

Inferno 01-15-2008 01:56 PM

ship em out come the trade deadline if we arent in contention, or are very far back in contention. keep em if we are still in it.

Cherepanov 71 01-15-2008 02:00 PM

I think come trade deadline time if we are out and still not looking like a halfway decent team, than yes, we should trade some of our older players, not all. We still have a good enough core to be a good team next year, but some players are definitely expendable.

RMcDonagh 01-15-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 12048629)
ship em out come the trade deadline if we arent in contention, or are very far back in contention. keep em if we are still in it.

agreed.

I Am Chariot 01-15-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 12048629)
ship em out come the trade deadline if we arent in contention, or are very far back in contention. keep em if we are still in it.

agreed

DontStepanMe 01-15-2008 02:03 PM

Trade Jagr, Shanny, Straka, Rosy, Avery, Prucha, Hossa, Dawes, Mara, Malik, Hollywood for the best deals we can get on each. I would even consider trading Girardi if the price was right. Note: that I think he is extremely overrated on this board and is one of our weaker defensemen this year and that he won't amount to more than a 5 or 6 dman. His stock is also pretty high right now.

Start looking immediately but don't pull the trigger for another couple weeks, just to make sure we are out of it. Which I think we will be.

Can we trade a coach too?

Bluenote13 01-15-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rags225 (Post 12048718)
Trade Jagr, Shanny, Straka, Rosy, Avery, Prucha, Hossa, Dawes, Mara, Malik, Hollywood for the best deals we can get on each. I would even consider trading Girardi if the price was right. Note: that I think he is extremely overrated on this board and is one of our weaker defensemen this year and that he won't amount to more than a 5 or 6 dman. His stock is also pretty high right now.

Start looking immediately but don't pull the trigger for another couple weeks, just to make sure we are out of it. Which I think we will be.

Can we trade a coach too?

Espo is that you!?

NYR Viper 01-15-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 12048629)
ship em out come the trade deadline if we arent in contention, or are very far back in contention. keep em if we are still in it.

agreed, unless a team makes a great proposal for either jagr or shanny......

Nich 01-15-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 12048629)
ship em out come the trade deadline if we arent in contention, or are very far back in contention. keep em if we are still in it.

exactly. but if in 4 weeks we are 10 points out of the last spot, fire sale 2008 begins. no reason not to actually

and really i couldn't vote because none of your choices say anything along those lines

vipernsx 01-15-2008 02:45 PM

Sell...sell.....sell!!!!!!

mstraka82 01-15-2008 02:53 PM

get rid of anybody that is lazy coming back to the bench, or gets a penalty thats unnecessary, i still have faith cause i did write them off last year and moved on to yankees season but i am trying real hard not to

DontStepanMe 01-15-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstraka82 (Post 12049416)
get rid of anybody that is lazy coming back to the bench, or gets a penalty thats unnecessary, i still have faith cause i did write them off last year and moved on to yankees season but i am trying real hard not to

so basically the entire team?

The New Originals 01-15-2008 02:55 PM

If we are still playing like this by the deadline, and we are not showing any signs of actual improvement, then I'd want the Rangers to trade as many older players as they can.

n8 01-15-2008 02:55 PM

The way i see it, if we somehow go into the trade deadline on a 14-2-2 run we're starting to do things right. Don't sell the farm but some minor tweak trades could be in line. More likely, we are 6-9-3 and at that point it should be rather obvious.

Fletch 01-15-2008 03:18 PM

Trade deadline decisions...
 
but the Rangers would have to be 8-10+ points behind for any real firesale, and I'm not confident it'll get to that point.

The Thomas J.* 01-15-2008 03:30 PM

Right now I say no.......lets see what happens over the next 2 to 3 weeks, if we are much worse off than we are now, than YES.

in the mean time i'd like to see some sort of trade now to shake things up.

DontStepanMe 01-15-2008 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch (Post 12049769)
but the Rangers would have to be 8-10+ points behind for any real firesale, and I'm not confident it'll get to that point.

well Fletch if the Bruins and Isles win their games on hand we will be at 5pts behind the 8th seed. Another couple points isn't that hard to believe.

Whoot Whoot 01-15-2008 03:42 PM

Can we trade the Rangers straight up for Detroit?

JR#9* 01-15-2008 03:51 PM

I'm torn because I think this is the typical "if they get in they can do well" type team but they have to show more consistency to get to that point and the only thing we've been consistent with is our inconsistency!:shakehead

If I were Slats and didn't think the team had a legit shot of coming out of the east I'd certainly entertain what could be brought back at the deadline because at the end of the day we will probrably have a decent amount of turnover next yr so I'd certainly test the waters.

Moving out guys like Jagr-Straka-Avery-Shanny-Roszival-Malik-Mara would return significantly more than the last firesale of Vets and would go a long way in further strengthening the prospect pool and longterm outlook for the squad and we'd have plenty of room to either resign some of those guys if we chose to do so as well as kick the tires on a Hossa to replace Jagr.

do I think it will happen, no, but things have to straighten out and quick otherwise they'd be fools not to consider the above because in a salary-capped world that is how you have to think.

gmanwrx 01-15-2008 03:59 PM

unload jagr, malik, mara.

i'd rather see us losing with youngsters then going down like this..

face it shanny and straka retiring at the end of the season.

get trading while trading good.

DontStepanMe 01-15-2008 03:59 PM

the one thing I'm scared of is if we go on a mini run in like a week or two... say two weeks of solid hockey which gives Sather hope and then we return to crapiness. I sorta just wish he pulled the trigger on firesale 08 now, so we can start evaluating players in the AHL and our newfound prospects. Build around Gomez, Drury, Dubi, Staal, Toots, Hank.

Bluenote13 01-15-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rags225 (Post 12050337)
the one thing I'm scared of is if we go on a mini run in like a week or two... say two weeks of solid hockey which gives Sather hope and then we return to crapiness. I sorta just wish he pulled the trigger on firesale 08 now, so we can start evaluating players in the AHL and our newfound prospects. Build around Gomez, Drury, Dubi, Staal, Toots, Hank.

Agreed.

HockeyBasedNYC 01-15-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 12048629)
ship em out come the trade deadline if we arent in contention, or are very far back in contention. keep em if we are still in it.

Agree, that when you'll prob get the most value for them.

gmanwrx 01-15-2008 04:32 PM

I sorta just wish he pulled the trigger on firesale 08 now, so we can start evaluating players in the AHL and our newfound prospects. Build around Gomez, Drury, Dubi, Staal, Toots, Hank.[/QUOTE]


i'd rather see Cherepanov playing in the nhl and placing hope in this kid, than jagr...:biglaugh:

in with the new and out with old......

The New Originals 01-15-2008 04:33 PM

I don't see how it's possible to trade Jagr anyway, though. Who would want him for that price?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.