HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   You know what? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=46622)

Mack 01-24-2004 10:05 PM

You know what?

alot of you guys complain way to much!

about all star stuff, about the game it self, JUST RELAX! we still love this game so why all the complaining?????

Look at the top page on this forum...like 70% complaining....

Nas_Bert_Morr* 01-24-2004 10:08 PM

*hangs head*

Verbal Kint* 01-24-2004 10:09 PM

Hypocrite :joker:

dats-13 01-24-2004 10:38 PM

when i sit through 3 hours of clutch and grab hockey "not complaining" is this last thing on my mind

chicpea* 01-24-2004 10:46 PM

I object to your complaining about our complaining.

kmad 01-24-2004 10:54 PM

chicken butt!

Nas_Bert_Morr* 01-24-2004 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dats-13
when i sit through 3 hours of clutch and grab hockey "not complaining" is this last thing on my mind

2 hours and 12 minutes.

Verbal Kint* 01-24-2004 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmad
chicken butt!

Someone's been watching a bit too much King of the Hill.

gobolt7 01-24-2004 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nas_Bert_Morr
2 hours and 12 minutes.

The quick face offs really DO make a difference. :joker:

kmad 01-24-2004 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
Someone's been watching a bit too much King of the Hill.

that joke has been around long before king of the hill, which I never watch because it sucks.

ehc73 01-25-2004 12:42 AM

This thread got off topic really quick. :)

And what makes for good conversation(read: arguments) than complaints and controversial topics?

Legionnaire 01-25-2004 12:50 AM

Serioulsly, just sit back and enjoy the season. It may be the last one for a long while.

c-carp 01-25-2004 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mack
alot of you guys complain way to much!

about all star stuff, about the game it self, JUST RELAX! we still love this game so why all the complaining?????

Look at the top page on this forum...like 70% complaining....

I think that is the nature of message boards and Sports talk radio and such. People in general like to ***** and complain more.

As for my opinion of the All Star game, I think hockeys is the worst of all the major sports because the game is a hybrid of what hockey is. I understand why but I also dont watch. I do like the skills competition though.

Legionnaire 01-25-2004 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-carp
I think that is the nature of message boards and Sports talk radio and such. People in general like to ***** and complain more.

As for my opinion of the All Star game, I think hockeys is the worst of all the major sports because the game is a hybrid of what hockey is. I understand why but I also dont watch. I do like the skills competition though.

I'm pretty much with you c-carp. The last few years I have watched (and loved) the skills competition, but have turned off the game by midway through the second.

I'm hoping that this year will be a little more competitive since it has gone back the East vs West.

Spankatola Jamnuts* 01-25-2004 02:31 AM

It was East v West last year, too.

Sotnos 01-25-2004 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-carp

Of course. What would be the point otherwise?

Not to mention, anyone who posts any kind of positive thread around here usually gets branded a homer and run out of town.

Quote:

As for my opinion of the All Star game, I think hockeys is the worst of all the major sports
The Pro-Bowl is WORSE, much much worse. It's totally unwatchable, a complete waste of time.

c-carp 01-25-2004 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sotnos

Not to mention, anyone who posts any kind of positive thread around here usually gets branded a homer and run out of town.

The Pro-Bowl is WORSE, much much worse. It's totally unwatchable, a complete waste of time.

I would still vote for hockeys All Star game because the game you see that day isnt hockey not even close. Footballs is also bad but I think it still isnt as bad.

I woouldnt mind if they scrapped the game and just gave the guys a little break to heal up since they are condensing the season so damn much?

Steve Latin* 01-25-2004 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sotnos

Agreed. I think the All-Star game is on par with MLB (when it's not called a tie) and the NBA. I wish the skills competition was bit more high profile though.

Pro Bowl is totally pointless.

S L

Epsilon 01-25-2004 08:02 PM

It always perplexes me how the most meaningless game of the season seems to, every year, draw the most strident reactions from the fans. And this isn't just the NHL either, the NBA is actually probably even worse, because there are less spots in the game.