HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Nucks\Preds GDT, 1-25-04 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=46743)

barrytrotzsneck 01-25-2004 11:31 AM

Nucks\Preds GDT, 1-25-04

hopefully i'm back from the thrashers\devils game in time for the start of this one!

well, with any luck, the scary third period last night will have woken up this team, and they'll play 60 minutes tonight. Vancouver has struggled at home as of late, but we've REALLY struggled on the road. We'll need these two points, come the end of the season. I'm going to guess that Mase gets the start tonight and that Timonen will not play.

Basher 01-25-2004 01:04 PM

I hope we see Mase. We have yet to see true confidence in him, as he hasn't started a "big" game save for the times Vokoun was out. This will be a true test of what Trotzy thinks of him.

Joe T Choker 01-25-2004 01:26 PM

I'm still thinking they're going to play Vokoun...they've got 3 days until the BJ game, that's why I think Vokoun is gonna play tonight

Jovavic 01-25-2004 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I'm still thinking they're going to play Vokoun...they've got 3 days until the BJ game, that's why I think Vokoun is gonna play tonight

Does it really matter who's in goal against the Columbus? The team won't show up anyway, they never do against the Preds. Play six skaters the whole time and chalk up the two points.

Glad to see my preseason prediction of the Preds contending for the division title is still holding up. degrot might be force to have some crow.

golfmade 01-25-2004 10:24 PM

Let's kick some Canuck behind.

Edler Von Gud 01-25-2004 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfmade
Let's kick some Canuck behind.

How bout no. :p

biscuithead 01-25-2004 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koltsov
How bout no. :p

Oh, that was a great post. :dunno: Can we nominate it for the Hall of Fame? ;)

Joe T Choker 01-26-2004 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuithead
Oh, that was a great post. :dunno: Can we nominate it for the Hall of Fame? ;)

I'm thinking more along the lines of the hall of shame

stardog 01-26-2004 02:49 AM

Quote:

I'm thinking more along the lines of the hall of shame

Glad to see Hartnell stick up for his team mate. Refs kinda screwed up the call on that one. 5 minutes for Keane for Boarding, no 5 for either players for fighting and Hartnell gets the misconduct. How exactly is there no PIM for fighting for either guy?

RWS 01-26-2004 02:50 AM

Man, if Keane hadn't had the visor in the way, Hartnell would have landed a couple huge punches early in that fight.

What an ugly hit too.

Joe T Choker 01-26-2004 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardog
Glad to see Hartnell stick up for his team mate. Refs kinda screwed up the call on that one. 5 minutes for Keane for Boarding, no 5 for either players for fighting and Hartnell gets the misconduct. How exactly is there no PIM for fighting for either guy?

no kidding, ya think? :o

stardog 01-26-2004 02:53 AM

Quote:

no kidding, ya think? :o

NVM....Hutchinson just said that Keane got a 5 along with Scottie for fighting.....
Still dont understand him getting 4 mins for instigating though....still a crap call.

RWS 01-26-2004 02:54 AM

I think Hartnell got 2 for instigating and the addional 2 because he wears a visor and instigated. I seem to recall a similar situation last year wear we got a 4 minute power play for this.

stardog 01-26-2004 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RWS
I think Hartnell got 2 for instigating and the addional 2 because he wears a visor and instigated. I seem to recall a similar situation last year wear we got a 4 minute power play for this.

That is true. Same thing happened to Steve McQueena this year for the Pens when he picked a figh...er, wrestling match with someone....so that explains the calls....Still shows why Scottie is thought of as captain material.

Joe T Choker 01-26-2004 03:22 AM

Pete Weber: "I have a feeling control is about to be lost real soon."

hillbilly 01-26-2004 03:28 AM

one can only hope Pete

Joe T Choker 01-26-2004 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly
one can only hope Pete

I don't care if we score, just as long as we injure some of their players on the way out of the arena

hillbilly 01-26-2004 03:35 AM

I don't want anyone to be injured, I just want a good hard fought game. If we can't beat em on the Ice I wanna beat them into it.

Joe T Choker 01-26-2004 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly
I don't want anyone to be injured, I just want a good hard fought game. If we can't beat em on the Ice I wanna beat them into it.

Isn't that what I just said?...*chuckles*

Joe T Choker 01-26-2004 03:41 AM

alright...gddmit, its time for some vigilante justice...eff the power play...its time for some clipping, low bridging tucker style, anything and everything they can think of.

hillbilly 01-26-2004 03:46 AM

Quote:

alright...gddmit, its time for some vigilante justice...eff the power play...its time for some clipping, low bridging tucker style, anything and everything they can think of.

First to go after

1. Ruutu
2. Allen
3. Ohlund
4. Bertuzzi(just cause I don't like him BTW I don't think it's anything personal for some reason I just don't like him)

PredsFan77* 01-26-2004 03:54 AM

What a coward Ruutu is, he goes and tries to take a pop shots at one of our guys, but we he gets called to answer the bell, he goes and hides. Then to make matters even better, he gets up, talks **** and Big Jim pops him one in the mouth...here's hoping the boys come on fist a blazing in the 3rd.

monster_bertuzzi 01-26-2004 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsFan77
What a coward Ruutu is, he goes and tries to take a pop shots at one of our guys, but we he gets called to answer the bell, he goes and hides. Then to make matters even better, he gets up, talks **** and Big Jim pops him one in the mouth...here's hoping the boys come on fist a blazing in the 3rd.

Have you heard of an agitator before? It's Ruutu's job to goat dummies like Mckenzie into getting double-minors :).

hillbilly 01-26-2004 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
Have you heard of an agitator before? It's Ruutu's job to goat dummies like Mckenzie into getting double-minors :).

people complain about Tootoo being an agitator but he has yet to turtle this year. Ruutu might turtle more then any other player in the NHL

barrytrotzsneck 01-26-2004 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi

double-minor? fine.

triple-minor? interesting.

this game, don't get me wrong, we're losing it for ourselves...but this is a new low in terms of officiating. if i were a fan of the canucks....and WE were down 4-0...i'd feel okay, knowing that we were about to make a miracle comeback. however...as a preds fan...down 4-0...i know that i'm only being masochistic leaving the game on.