HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   zidlicky available? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=467875)

Ol Dirty Bstrd 01-20-2008 03:59 PM

zidlicky available?

is zidlicky expendable to the preds? im guessing theyd be looking for some young talent back. from the devils, how bout bergfors (best offensive prospect), rachunek (UFA at end of season), and a 2nd or 3rd? If your not interested in rachunek, bergfors and greene?

Enoch 01-20-2008 04:00 PM

Now that he has found a stable partner in Ville Koistenen, I doubt he is available UNTIL we have resigned Shea Weber/Ryan Suter. At this point, I would say he is just as likely to be moved as Ryan Suter or Kevin Klein, and this is assuming he waives his no trade clause.

continental divide* 01-28-2008 10:28 AM

What would it take, realistically, to get Zidlicky.

Would Upshall and a pick work?

PredDave 01-28-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laramie pass (Post 12234817)
What would it take, realistically, to get Zidlicky.

Would Upshall and a pick work?

Why would we want Upshall back? He's way too injury prone, IMO.

I'm not a big fan of Zidlicky, but this would not be good value...

continental divide* 01-28-2008 09:06 PM

What I don't understand is why Zidlicky was on the '25 Most Tradeable Players' as ranked by TSN. Why would Nashville want to move him? From the outside looking in, I can't find a single decent reason why. I'm not a Preds fan, but I respect a lot of the talent you guys have on your blueline. It's borderline ridiculous the amount of current and future blueline talent you guys have. That has to be a positive for you guys looking ahead.

dulzhok 01-28-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laramie pass (Post 12241883)
What I don't understand is why Zidlicky was on the '25 Most Tradeable Players' as ranked by TSN. Why would Nashville want to move him? From the outside looking in, I can't find a single decent reason why. I'm not a Preds fan, but I respect a lot of the talent you guys have on your blueline. It's borderline ridiculous the amount of current and future blueline talent you guys have. That has to be a positive for you guys looking ahead.

You answered your own question. The reason we would consider moving him is because of that talent. Weber, Suter, Kosisten, Hamhus -- all have above average offensive talent. Ya, when need veterans, but I woudn't call Zidlicky some great veteran presence.

Let's take that 3.5m and put it towards a good veteran defensive oriented dman. Barrett Jackman, Mike Commodore, Salvador, Jason Smith... if we really go all-out: Wade Redeen. In the meantime, let's get some good value for Zids... maybe a 1st rd pick. Maybe in a bigger package for good young forward.

continental divide* 01-29-2008 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok (Post 12242132)
You answered your own question. The reason we would consider moving him is because of that talent. Weber, Suter, Kosisten, Hamhus -- all have above average offensive talent. Ya, when need veterans, but I woudn't call Zidlicky some great veteran presence.

Let's take that 3.5m and put it towards a good veteran defensive oriented dman. Barrett Jackman, Mike Commodore, Salvador, Jason Smith... if we really go all-out: Wade Redeen. In the meantime, let's get some good value for Zids... maybe a 1st rd pick. Maybe in a bigger package for good young forward.

If you're wanting a 'good' defensive dman, why did you mention Wade Redden. :sarcasm:

How about a Zid for Jason Smith swap??

I understand what you're saying above, but Kosisten, Klein, and to some degree Suter, haven't proven anything at this level of play. But hey, to each their own.

barrytrotzsneck 01-29-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laramie pass (Post 12245149)
If you're wanting a 'good' defensive dman, why did you mention Wade Redden. :sarcasm:

How about a Zid for Jason Smith swap??

I understand what you're saying above, but Kosisten, Klein, and to some degree Suter, haven't proven anything at this level of play. But hey, to each their own.

A Zids for Smith swap, one for one, doesn't do much for us given contract statuses. There's not a lot of sense in trading a guy that's still locked up for a while longer for an impending UFA.

continental divide* 01-29-2008 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 12245835)
A Zids for Smith swap, one for one, doesn't do much for us given contract statuses. There's not a lot of sense in trading a guy that's still locked up for a while longer for an impending UFA.

No, I know that, and should have put the sarcastic emoticon there.

Contracts being equal I couldn't see ANYONE trading a guy like Zids for Smith. Smith is so overrated is nauseating.