HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Polak, Jokinen, Eriksson (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=46856)

Dundalis 01-26-2004 01:15 AM

Polak, Jokinen, Eriksson

Who do you think will be the best player out of these 3?

OttMorrow 01-26-2004 01:29 AM

Eriksson

Dundalis 01-26-2004 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OttMorrow
Eriksson

Who would you compare him to from the Nhl?

OttMorrow 01-26-2004 02:02 AM

Maybe a poor man's Forsberg.

Dundalis 01-26-2004 02:06 AM

Quote:

Maybe a poor man's Forsberg.

Lol, you think he is that good? Even a poor mans Forsberg is a very good player. You think he will be a top line player? From what i have heard, it is thought 3rd, maybe 2nd line solid player.

OttMorrow 01-26-2004 02:06 AM

Polak may have the higher upside, but I think the odds of him panning out are less than Erikkson and Jokinen. Erikkson's style of play is more suited for success at the NHL level than Jokinen and Polak.

OttMorrow 01-26-2004 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dundalis
Lol, you think he is that good? Even a poor mans Forsberg is a very good player. You think he will be a top line player? From what i have heard, it is thought 3rd, maybe 2nd line solid player.

I am by no means saying he will be as good as Forsberg, I am just giving you a player with a similar style of play. I am pretty high on this kid none the less and see him as being a 2nd liner with the possibility of being a point per game 1st liner.

Dundalis 01-26-2004 02:21 AM

What about Jokinen? He is perhaps the only stars sniper prospect, and is one of the best players in the SM-Liiga. This site has him ranked quite high. Though he is small.

OttMorrow 01-26-2004 02:24 AM

Quote:

What about Jokinen? He is perhaps the only stars sniper prospect, and is one of the best players in the SM-Liiga. This site has him ranked quite high. Though he is small.

I would rank them like this:

Erikkson
Jokinen
Polak

Ajacied 01-26-2004 11:33 AM

Offensive potential:

1) Polak (serious offensive upside here, think Hedjuk)
2) Jokinen (A Scott Young type, consistant 20/30 goal scorer)
3) Eriksson (Jere Lehtinen type goal totals, 20/25, maybe 30 once)

Best two way threat:

1) Eriksson
2) Jokinen
3) Polak

Best overall player:

1) Jussi Jokinen
2) Loui Eriksson
3) Vojtech Polak

I do think that all 3 have top 6 potential..

Dundalis 01-28-2004 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God
Offensive potential:

1) Polak (serious offensive upside here, think Hedjuk)
2) Jokinen (A Scott Young type, consistant 20/30 goal scorer)
3) Eriksson (Jere Lehtinen type goal totals, 20/25, maybe 30 once)

Best two way threat:

1) Eriksson
2) Jokinen
3) Polak

Best overall player:

1) Jussi Jokinen
2) Loui Eriksson
3) Vojtech Polak

I do think that all 3 have top 6 potential..

Why is Jokinen the best overall player? As for Polak being like Hejduk, I hear he is a very average skater. Not to mention small. Does anyone have the stats these player are put up for their teams this season?

Jussi 01-28-2004 11:33 PM

Quote:

Small? Since when is 181cm/86 kg (about 6 feet, 194 pounds) small?

Dundalis 01-30-2004 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussi
Small? Since when is 181cm/86 kg (about 6 feet, 194 pounds) small?

This site has him at 5"11 185.

Dallasman 01-30-2004 04:16 AM

I think the best out of these 3 will eventually be Jokinen. Despite his size, he is very quick and can move the puck really well when I watched him play in the WJC in 2002/2003 in Winnipeg. And with his stats this year, he seems to play the game rather nicely. Depending on CBA stuff next year, he could sign with the Stars for next season. He should start the year in Utah but it may not be to long before we see him up with the big club.

Vojtech Polak, from what I can tell and have seen, he could round into a sniper. This year, his stats look like he has lost a little of the sniper quality to him but I could be wrong. He has 14 points this years so he is looking to move past last years stats total when he has 7 goals and 9 assists. He is still only 18 so he has time to mature and become a threat over in the Czech Republic.

Loui Eriksson was compared to Peter Forsberg by someone on here. Maybe thats not to far off. Again, another 18 yr old who, over time, will mature and become better at what he does. He was the rookie leader in the Swedish Elite League at one point this season and he may still be? I know he has 6 goals and 2 assists this year with Vastra Frolunda. Give hims sometime to develop and maybe that one poster isn't to far off.

Dundalis 02-01-2004 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallasman
I think the best out of these 3 will eventually be Jokinen. Despite his size, he is very quick and can move the puck really well when I watched him play in the WJC in 2002/2003 in Winnipeg. And with his stats this year, he seems to play the game rather nicely. Depending on CBA stuff next year, he could sign with the Stars for next season. He should start the year in Utah but it may not be to long before we see him up with the big club.

Vojtech Polak, from what I can tell and have seen, he could round into a sniper. This year, his stats look like he has lost a little of the sniper quality to him but I could be wrong. He has 14 points this years so he is looking to move past last years stats total when he has 7 goals and 9 assists. He is still only 18 so he has time to mature and become a threat over in the Czech Republic.

Loui Eriksson was compared to Peter Forsberg by someone on here. Maybe thats not to far off. Again, another 18 yr old who, over time, will mature and become better at what he does. He was the rookie leader in the Swedish Elite League at one point this season and he may still be? I know he has 6 goals and 2 assists this year with Vastra Frolunda. Give hims sometime to develop and maybe that one poster isn't to far off.

We are talking about the best player in the world here, not some average player, you can't just say the guy is another Forsberg, or even say that he is not far off, cause that is still a top player. I think if he was that kind of player he would have gone higher than early second round, and was even projected before the draft at more mid to late second round. Also Jokinen is a playmaker or sniper? HF says he is a sniper. He is physical? Someone here says another Scott Young.

OttMorrow 02-01-2004 07:09 PM

Quote:

We are talking about the best player in the world here, not some average player, you can't just say the guy is another Forsberg, or even say that he is not far off, cause that is still a top player. I think if he was that kind of player he would have gone higher than early second round, and was even projected before the draft at more mid to late second round. Also Jokinen is a playmaker or sniper? HF says he is a sniper. He is physical? Someone here says another Scott Young.

Earlier in this thread i said he reminds me of a poor man's Forsberg. That is the style of play he seems to have(size and nationality included). Now nobody on this board believes that he will be as good as Forsberg, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. There are many players who turn out to be studs that aren't first round picks. Players that come to mind include: Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hull(damn Wings). Forsberg wasn't even a top first rounder when he was picked. Somebody help me with his pick #, but i think it was mid-first.

Dundalis 02-02-2004 12:29 AM

Quote:

Earlier in this thread i said he reminds me of a poor man's Forsberg. That is the style of play he seems to have(size and nationality included). Now nobody on this board believes that he will be as good as Forsberg, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. There are many players who turn out to be studs that aren't first round picks. Players that come to mind include: Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hull(damn Wings). Forsberg wasn't even a top first rounder when he was picked. Somebody help me with his pick #, but i think it was mid-first.

It was 6