HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rumours (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=47013)

insan3 01-26-2004 06:39 PM

Rumours

Some rumours talk about Denis Gauthier to the Habs for a 3rd pick it can be a great trade but he play left who will pay the prize.. second rumours talked about Jason Arnott in exchange for Thomas Plekanec and Yannic Perreault it should be nice because Arnott can play RW... 3rd rumours speak about Joe Juneau Craig Rivet take bags for Boston for young players named later.. :eek: i wish Bob Gainey will make the habs a great team..

donelikedinner 01-26-2004 06:40 PM

source? :dunno:

Hawkalyzer 01-26-2004 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insan3
Some rumours talk about Denis Gauthier to the Habs for a 3rd pick it can be a great trade but he play left who will pay the prize.. second rumours talked about Jason Arnott in exchange for Thomas Plekanec and Yannic Perreault it should be nice because Arnott can play RW... 3rd rumours speak about Joe Juneau Craig Rivet take bags for Boston for young players named later.. :eek: i wish Bob Gainey will make the habs a great team..

source to rumors?

ranold26 01-26-2004 06:46 PM

Gauthier for only a 3rd? LOL

This has to be a hab fan rumour.

looooob 01-26-2004 06:49 PM

whether Flames fans overrate Gauthier or not....why in the world would the Flames (in a legit playoff race for the first time in eons), trade a relatively young regular roster player (whose salary is now about 60% paid for the year) for a middlish draft choice?

Dutchy 01-26-2004 07:04 PM

Can't wait for the "sources"...

Verbal Kint* 01-26-2004 07:07 PM

Arnott for who and Perrault? Montreal's willing to add salary. I'd also like to see sources.

VAN-HAB 01-26-2004 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insan3

Got sources?
Didn't think so, all these rumoures have been circulated for a while now...also check www.chfans.com...the French board

Psycho Papa Joe 01-26-2004 07:20 PM

Wow another thread involving the Habs by a poster with 20 posts or less. Can we say Troll?

What's the over/under on this thread being locked and/or deleted?

NFITO 01-26-2004 07:24 PM

none of those deals make sense...

all favor the Habs and doesn't make sense for the teams dealing them.

Looooob mentioned Gauthier.... why do the Stars add a center like Perrault for Arnott?? if anything they'd need another winger back - or change in defense I would think... even if the rumours are true and the Stars want to move Arnott, his value has to be higher than an overpaid, soon to UFA underachieving center who's been a healthy scratch or a 4th liner on his team, and a mid level prospect.

With Boston still struggling, why would they even give up a bag of pucks to pick up salary?? doesn't sound like something B's managment would ever do.... more likely they'll try and drop their excess if they're not seeing a playoff spot soon.

zoidberg 01-26-2004 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
Wow another thread involving the Habs by a poster with 20 posts or less. Can we say Troll?

What's the over/under on this thread being locked and/or deleted?

Ok Joe, you owe me 30 bucks if this thread is locked.

(hehe. Mod powers lead to easy money)

*Rumors must have an apropro source. :teach: