HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Ruutu Turtle... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=47028)

Olaf 01-26-2004 06:18 PM

The Ruutu Turtle...

Just to get another view....

http://www.nhlcanucks.com/video/25.01.04/ruckus2.mpg

jstreet 01-26-2004 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olaf

what a sissy., Im glad Jim shut that mouth.

crossxcheck 01-26-2004 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars
what a sissy., Im glad Jim shut that mouth.

If turtle boy is going to dish it out, he better learn to take it. Next time I'd like to see him try running his mouth to Tootoo.

Enoch 01-26-2004 08:34 PM

Why didn't the ref call the two elbows that he through prior to the turtling incident. Is he blind? He is standing right there, watching Ruutu throw elbows around....

SmokeyClause 01-27-2004 04:09 AM

I guess he's tough to an extent. He's not tough like Tootoo or tough like a Tie Domi. It takes a certain toughness to take punches. But that's a toughness that almost all hockey players possess. What separates tough hockey players from the norm is something I don't see from Ruutu. And that is the unwillingness to bow to anyone. I fully believe if Oliwa drops them, Tootoo won't back down. I think Ruutu would turtle in front of Allison or Stevenson.

There is this misconception that Tootoo hides behind Mckenzie (I've seen it on here and in several articles). If anything, Big Jim hides behind Jordin.

sparkle twin 01-27-2004 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I guess he's tough to an extent. He's not tough like Tootoo or tough like a Tie Domi. It takes a certain toughness to take punches. But that's a toughness that almost all hockey players possess. What separates tough hockey players from the norm is something I don't see from Ruutu. And that is the unwillingness to bow to anyone.

I think this is exactly what we have been trying to say all along. Sure he takes punches, but lots of players do. Staying in there and fighting through would have been tough, or even if he just skated away after McKenzie punched him once would have been fine. We didnít discount that he was there to draw the penalty, but just that turtling wasnít tough.

Spiffy 01-27-2004 08:22 AM

Well fighting isn't one of Ruutu's biggest strengths and he needs to improve in that area, also he seems pretty coward at times. What he does well though is pissing players off with just a couple of words. Haven't seen the video but I am almost sure that you'd see Jarkko's mouth going off at least a little and the other guy reacting to that with maybe a punch or only a grin.

Avery4Byng* 01-28-2004 09:36 PM

I'm sure turtle boy says hello from first place.

SmokeyClause 01-28-2004 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tray
I'm sure turtle boy says hello from first place.

First place in what, British Columbia?

They aren't first place in the NHL, in the Western Conference or in the Northwest Division.

Avery4Byng* 01-28-2004 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
First place in what, British Columbia?

They aren't first place in the NHL, in the Western Conference or in the Northwest Division.

Wow I am wrong. I am sure he SAID hello when he WAS in first place, hows that? :D

Peter Griffin 01-28-2004 09:47 PM

You know Ruutu's doing his job when opposing team's fans hate him. Score one for Ruutu :handclap:

SmokeyClause 01-28-2004 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
You know Ruutu's doing his job when opposing team's fans hate him. Score one for Ruutu :handclap:

I'll buy that in a heartbeat. We use the same lines for Tootoo. Though I'm not sure it matters what we think.

SmokeyClause 01-28-2004 09:52 PM

Quote:

Wow I am wrong. I am sure he SAID hello when he WAS in first place, hows that? :D

That makes more sense. Maybe he'll say hello when Vancouver takes over first place.

Avery4Byng* 01-28-2004 09:58 PM

I would have thought Tootoo would be in everyones face the other night. I am still awaiting a Ruutu-Tootoo fight. That would be a dandy, but from what i have seen over the years Tootoo can really throwem. So I would think Ruutu would be in over his head.

triggrman 01-28-2004 10:35 PM

Yeh, Ruutu would just turtle again.

Enoch 01-28-2004 10:40 PM

Quote:

I would have thought Tootoo would be in everyones face the other night. I am still awaiting a Ruutu-Tootoo fight. That would be a dandy, but from what i have seen over the years Tootoo can really throwem. So I would think Ruutu would be in over his head.

Ruutu never takes on guys he isn't very confident he can beat.......I doubt he does anything but turtle, or throw a punch when his back is turned.

SmokeyClause 01-28-2004 11:15 PM

Ruutu isn't going to fight Tootoo. The only way it happens is if Tootoo starts it. And Ruutu isn't going to finish anything.

Reign Nateo 01-29-2004 12:11 AM

Give me a break. Ruutu turtles once in a while to piss the heavy weights off, but he fights more than most players of his ilk. He is not a coward, he is just a pecker head.

rye&ginger 01-29-2004 12:12 AM

Hockey 101:
Goons fight goons.
Pests fight pests.

Thus Ruutu is not going to fight a guy listed 30 lbs bigger than him. Why did McKenzie go after him anyways? The hit was clean.

Joe T Choker 01-29-2004 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rye&ginger
Hockey 101:
Goons fight goons.
Pests fight pests.

Thus Ruutu is not going to fight a guy listed 30 lbs bigger than him. Why did McKenzie go after him anyways? The hit was clean.

Probably said something about Jim's mom? sounds like something Jarko would do

SmokeyClause 01-29-2004 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rye&ginger
Hockey 101:
Goons fight goons.
Pests fight pests.

I guess Tootoo never took that class. If you have fists, he'll fight you. I've seen him go after many players who are 30 pounds heavier. And he's beat the hell out of one (twice).

Enoch 01-29-2004 01:02 AM

The hit wasn't legal, Jarko got the elbows up twice. One on Allison and then he got one in on Jim, when Jim was heading torwards him for the hit on Allison.

Reign Nateo 01-29-2004 01:19 AM

Just as a point of reference, here's a few guys that are bigger than Ruutu that he has fought over the past couple seasons, this is off the top of my head and there are probably more...

Rob Blake, Jeremy Stevenson, Mike Grier, Reid Simpson, and Scott Hannan.

Olaf 01-29-2004 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
Just as a point of reference, here's a few guys that are bigger than Ruutu that he has fought over the past couple seasons, this is off the top of my head and there are probably more...

Rob Blake, Jeremy Stevenson, Mike Grier, Reid Simpson, and Scott Hannan.

Read up on his fight card a little.....http://www.hockeyfights.com/player.asp?pid=327

He is almost 6 inches taller and 10 pounds heavier than Tootoo. I would love to see that one.

hillbilly 01-29-2004 01:56 AM

I'm impressed Ruutu has taken on Ling and Dimiao. both of those guys are tough middle weights.