HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   phi/min proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=47060)

Flyers dom NHL 01-26-2004 08:11 PM

phi/min proposal

Flyers:
Somik - $600,000
Weinrich - $3,000,000
5th round draft pick

Wild:
Fernandez - $2,200,000

GKJ 01-26-2004 08:56 PM

We already have lost 4 defenseman, now you wanna trade one....

boomboom 01-26-2004 09:14 PM

what about:
Rivet and Hossa

for

Primeau

GKJ 01-26-2004 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomboom
what about:
Rivet and Hossa

for

Primeau

I'd do it, if not for anymore than Primeau is a UFA and Hossa is a good prospect, which we need, and Rivet is a good defenseman to have around when Weinrich leaves this offseason. However, as we see Primeau is an all-star with a limited amount of points, so someone on the Flyers overvalues him wayy to much

Galiza_Rules 01-26-2004 09:38 PM

No way for both. Primeau is our captain = untouchable
go kim johnsson We already have lost 4 defenseman, now you wanna trade one....
Fernandez is the right option but i think that a combination of late pick + a vet of minors (White, Peluso, Kane or little) must be the right option.

Bob Clarke Fan Club 01-26-2004 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
I'd do it, if not for anymore than Primeau is a UFA and Hossa is a good prospect, which we need, and Rivet is a good defenseman to have around when Weinrich leaves this offseason. However, as we see Primeau is an all-star with a limited amount of points, so someone on the Flyers overvalues him wayy to much

So you've seen us play without Primeau...how could you figure "overvalued?" If anything I'd say "underappreciated." Though it's debateable as to his all star status, his value to us was shown in the loss column recently. I'd trade anyone on this team right now...except Primeau and Pitkanen. :)

Wingboy2999 01-26-2004 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galiza_Rules
No way for both. Primeau is our captain = untouchable
go kim johnsson We already have lost 4 defenseman, now you wanna trade one....
Fernandez is the right option but i think that a combination of late pick + a vet of minors (White, Peluso, Kane or little) must be the right option.

Late Pick and a minor league vet for what? Manny Fernandez? Come on, that's horrible. That would never happen.

GKJ 01-26-2004 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club
So you've seen us play without Primeau...how could you figure "overvalued?" If anything I'd say "underappreciated." Though it's debateable as to his all star status, his value to us was shown in the loss column recently. I'd trade anyone on this team right now...except Primeau and Pitkanen. :)

We've got a team full of former all stars in Roenick, LeClair, Amonte, Recchi, Kapanen, etc and Primeau is the man? I'd say he's overappreciated. The problem was we couldn't score goals. Keith Primeau has 5. I'm not blaming our offensive woes on a player who has 5 goals being injured.

MojoJojo 01-26-2004 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers dom NHL
Flyers:
Somik - $600,000
Weinrich - $3,000,000
5th round draft pick

Wild:
Fernandez - $2,200,000

Weinrich is a free agent this summer. Wild arent going to the playoffs, so whats the point? Wild get hosed in this deal.

thestonedkoala 01-26-2004 11:06 PM

Also the Wild don't need another goalie, because they have Holmqvist and Kettles in the minor. I would like to see Law back up again LOL but I think he's a vet for life in the minors.

GKJ 01-27-2004 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Also the Wild don't need another goalie, because they have Holmqvist and Kettles in the minor. I would like to see Law back up again LOL but I think he's a vet for life in the minors.

don't forget WJC goalie Josh Harding

GKJ 01-27-2004 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Weinrich is a free agent this summer. Wild arent going to the playoffs, so whats the point? Wild get hosed in this deal.

Now hold on, the Wild are only 6 points out. If they get on a hot streak and win 10 out of 13 they're right there.

thestonedkoala 01-27-2004 12:13 AM

AHAHAHAHA! The Wild win 10 out of 13, that's nearly impossible.

They got Brust, Kettles, Cloutier, Harding, Holmqvist, and Kopriva LOL...enough goalies?

0267 01-27-2004 01:30 AM

Quote:

So you've seen us play without Primeau...how could you figure "overvalued?" If anything I'd say "underappreciated." Though it's debateable as to his all star status, his value to us was shown in the loss column recently. I'd trade anyone on this team right now...except Primeau and Pitkanen.
Uh, Primeau is not untouchable. That is ridiculous. The Flyers were playing horrible when Primeau was IN the lineup, way before he got hurt.

They have played horrible ever since the Devils series on Dec.12th with Keith in the lineup. I agree, he brought a boost to this team when he came back from his injury recently just like any captain would.

The guy has awful hands and has never played well in the playoffs when it matters. But go ahead and keep praising him for "accepting" his demotion to being a shut-down center without complaining about it which would be the first time in his "illustrious" career.

The reason he made the all-star team was because he is up Hitchcock's A**, and Hitch really pushed for him. Clarke knows that and knows that Keith will be a Free Agent after this year and there will be one more sucker that will overvalue him and bring him in as the big-center savior.

paxtang 01-27-2004 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0267
The guy has awful hands and has never played well in the playoffs when it matters.

The reason he made the all-star team was because he is up Hitchcock's A**, and Hitch really pushed for him.

A) Saying never is unfair, I felt he played great against Toronto. Before that, meh, but I question your choice of words.

B) You don't know why he was chosen.

FlyerFire 01-27-2004 08:40 PM

c'mon with the Primo crap

i'd make that trade,but he has been a GOOD Defensive player for us,not a star as projected but worth that package IMO.

NyCoN 01-27-2004 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Now hold on, the Wild are only 6 points out. If they get on a hot streak and win 10 out of 13 they're right there.

:lol: Have you seen us play lately? It ain't going to happen.