HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Proposal Tanguay for Jackman (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=471339)

abracanada 01-29-2008 10:42 AM

Proposal Tanguay for Jackman
 
I don't usually get into these things but just wondered how you folks would feel about a trade like that. Tanguay for Jackman straight up. Tanguay has a year left on his contract, and Jackman would likely be a rental.

BlueNhockeytown 01-29-2008 02:19 PM

hmmmmm...I'm on board.

Glove side 01-29-2008 02:28 PM

tanguay seems to be a play maker with some scoring ability and our team is desperate to put the puck in the back of the net! I would make that trade.

BlueJimmie 01-29-2008 02:33 PM

Where do we sign? :yo:

Sniper 01-29-2008 02:36 PM

I think this would work for both teams. Blues get a talented forward and I think Jackman can excel under Iron Mike's physical style of game.

abracanada 01-29-2008 02:38 PM

I know Sutter likes Jackman. Signing him again may even cost less than what Tanguay would cost. Win Win I figure.

General Veers 01-29-2008 02:40 PM

I would do it. With Tanguay's cap hit next year, wouldn't we also have to trade someone else (Backman?) to stay on budget or would moving Jacks be enough to leave cap flexibility even after we add Tan.'s contract?

Robb_K 01-29-2008 02:50 PM

I think that The Blues can get a low 1st rounder from a team whose defence is decimated, or, perhaps a 2nd rounder and a 2nd tier prospect forward. I'd rather receive those in this deep draft year, than Tanguay alone.

Tanguay's salary will force The Blues to get rid of more than Just Jackman. They'd have to get rid of Backman, Rucinsky and a few others if Salvador and Boyes are to be signed to long-terms.

I wouldn't mind The Blues getting Tanguay, but I'd rather get a younger player. The 10th - 20th players in this year's draft will all be quite high calibre. I'm still thinking the 1st rounder might be better in the long run.

crackout 01-29-2008 02:52 PM

I'd pass. What is Tanguays contract like? $5m for the next couple of seasons? I'd much rather take the picks/prospect that some GM will undoubtedly end up offering for Jax at the deadline.

We do need goalscoring, but we're still in rebuild and with our left side looking like Kariya, Perron/Oshie, Stempniak and King next year ... there isn't a need for Tanguay to take a roster spot from one of those guys for $5m next season.

abracanada 01-29-2008 03:09 PM

IF you can get a low first rounder for him, what are the chances they would be a gifted pt per game player? With Tanguay, you know what you are getting and he is young enough that you will be getting years of play from him.



Sorry, two threads same subject started. Did it earlier this morning just before the board was shut down for repairs. Could a mod eliminate the other thread please.

Celtic Note 01-29-2008 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abracanada (Post 12248466)
IF you can get a low first rounder for him, what are the chances they would be a gifted pt per game player? With Tanguay, you know what you are getting and he is young enough that you will be getting years of play from him.


In this draft year, with Jarmo at the helm, I think we could. However, there are a lot of good defenseman to be had, so I figure we might end up with one of them.

Either way I don't think our team needs a player like Tanguay. We are already pretty light/soft up front. Thats not to say he isn't good.

TrustInJarmo* 01-29-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zundo (Post 12248757)
In this draft year, with Jarmo at the helm, I think we could. However, there are a lot of good defenseman to be had, so I figure we might end up with one of them.

Either way I don't think our team needs a player like Tanguay. We are already pretty light/soft up front. Thats not to say he isn't good.

Good points.

I still think I would take the pick since we are some years away from making a serious run.

General Veers 01-29-2008 03:53 PM

We could trade Walt, insert Tanguay, and use Backes and Glumac to fill the power forward role. (Or maybe just Backes)

crackout 01-29-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abracanada (Post 12248466)
IF you can get a low first rounder for him, what are the chances they would be a gifted pt per game player? With Tanguay, you know what you are getting and he is young enough that you will be getting years of play from him.

I'm certainly no expert on the lower prospects available in the first round of this years draft, however I keep hearing everywhere how deep the draft is. Considering that in the past 3 years we have selected Oshie, Berglund and Perron with late first round picks ... I'd trust the management with the pick here. Plus it gives us a better chance of a package to move up in the draft if we so wished (which is unlikely).

Tanguay may address a short term need (at a premium cap cost) on a team looking long term. If we are interested in that, we would probably be able to do it through free agency (Huselius?).

Randall Ritchey 01-29-2008 03:55 PM

I would love to take this deal. Tanguay is a hell of a player. I have liked him since Colorado. He is a top notch player and could be a second line filler.

fcpremix88 01-29-2008 04:02 PM

I'd make this deal in a second. Tanguay would be able to bring in more picks than Jackman, for those who are worried about the future. (Personally, I'd keep Tanguay and let him set-up Stempniak next year)

BluesDarb 01-29-2008 04:19 PM

I'd do this deal every day of the week and twice on Sundays!

The Blues absolutely can absorb Tanguay's salary without giving up anyone other than Jax.

Rucinsky is gone, MJ is gone, Cajanek is gone....we've got the room.

Hell, even if we did need to move another piece let's just waive McKee and pull up Wags and Woywitka full time.

This deal = my dream.

Celtic Note 01-29-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluesDarb (Post 12249590)
I'd do this deal every day of the week and twice on Sundays!

The Blues absolutely can absorb Tanguay's salary without giving up anyone other than Jax.

Rucinsky is gone, MJ is gone, Cajanek is gone....we've got the room.

Hell, even if we did need to move another piece let's just waive McKee and pull up Wags and Woywitka full time.

This deal = my dream.

Too bad that money will have to be used for raises.

Also, how soft do we want to get. I am pretty sure finesse teams never really fair well in the playoffs.

Blueski 01-29-2008 04:35 PM

I said it in the other thread and I will say it again, when you can acquire a talent like Tanguay for an UFA like Jackman, you do it. His cap hit can't be bad enough to pass up on. As for LW, you find a spot for him. I am sure one of those guys penciled in for LW next season can shift to RW without a thought.

I understand wanting picks, but that is just another hfboards thing where picks are more valuable than the proven commodity. I know we are rebuilding, but every so often we can trade one guy for a young proven scorer can't we?

Randall Ritchey 01-29-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueski (Post 12249812)
I said it in the other thread and I will say it again, when you can acquire a talent like Tanguay for an UFA like Jackman, you do it. His cap hit can't be bad enough to pass up on. As for LW, you find a spot for him. I am sure one of those guys penciled in for LW next season can shift to RW without a thought.

I understand wanting picks, but that is just another hfboards thing where picks are more valuable than the proven commodity. I know we are rebuilding, but every so often we can trade one guy for a young proven scorer can't we?

Just like Walt jumped to center.

rocketpop 01-29-2008 06:27 PM

Personally, I like what Jarmo has done with our late 1st round picks... Tanguay is really talented, but our last 3 years of drafting we've drafted the following players in the mid/late 20s of the 1st round: Oshie, Berglund, Perron.

PerryTurnbullfan 01-29-2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiodos (Post 12249333)
I'd make this deal in a second. Tanguay would be able to bring in more picks than Jackman, for those who are worried about the future. (Personally, I'd keep Tanguay and let him set-up Stempniak next year)

I agree. This deal makes us better.

BluesDarb 01-29-2008 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zundo (Post 12249791)
Too bad that money will have to be used for raises.

Also, how soft do we want to get. I am pretty sure finesse teams never really fair well in the playoffs.

Mmkay, your point? We've got room if the owners are convinced that the fans are coming back and are willing to raise their self-imposed cap.

The cap will go up this offseason, we'll be fine cap-wise.

StLooFrenchy 01-29-2008 10:07 PM

I'd take this trade. I love Jax, but there is no guarantee he will be back next year. Alex gives us an element we do not have: sweet hands. I figure, like everybody else on this board, that Polak is ready to fill the role of the physical, shut-down defender. So....who do we call?

BluesDarb 01-29-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StLooFrenchy (Post 12257505)
I'd take this trade. I love Jax, but there is no guarantee he will be back next year. Alex gives us an element we do not have: sweet hands. I figure, like everybody else on this board, that Polak is ready to fill the role of the physical, shut-down defender. So....who do we call?

Call Keenan! :biglaugh:

Seriously though, isn't their GM a Sutter?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.