HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Just out of Curiosity ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=47155)

oli500 01-27-2004 03:05 AM

Just out of Curiosity ?

As a hab fan who would you rather face in the playoffs in the first round.

1) Ottawa

2) New Jersey

3) Philadelphia

4)Toronto

habitants9_4 01-27-2004 03:10 AM

Toronto or Philly or Tampa

#44_delivers 01-27-2004 03:12 AM

TO or philly

chicpea* 01-27-2004 03:55 AM

1. Toronto (for old time's sake); 2. Philly (spotty goaltending, but more dangerous as a whole).

We'll probably be facing the Rangers though, when they squeak in at number 8 ;)

Kerberos* 01-27-2004 03:59 AM

Ottawa - they almost always fold in the first round :yo:

Corey 01-27-2004 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerberos
Ottawa - they almost always fold in the first round :yo:

They got past the first round 2 years in a row, andf thy're obviously stronger than they were in the past. Could be a wipeout of the Habs if they faced the Senators.

PK* 01-27-2004 04:16 AM

I'd rather face Philadelphis because of the goaltending or Toronto to beat the crap out of them ;) .

PrairieHabber 01-27-2004 04:17 AM

The Habs have had trouble with the Leafs for a few years and with the Sens as well. Of those teams I would say they have played their best games against the Flyers this year. I know the regular season gets thrown out once the playoffs start but it could affect their confidence heading into a series.

Corey 01-27-2004 04:31 AM

Obviously they'd prefer to finish 6th and face Tampa Bay. They'd be underdogs, but not by much.

Natural Habs Fan 01-27-2004 05:31 AM

Toronto just because it would hurt them so much if we won.

leafaholix* 01-27-2004 05:57 AM

lol... BRING IT ON!

All-Star 01-27-2004 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oli500
As a hab fan who would you rather face in the playoffs in the first round.

1) Ottawa

2) New Jersey

3) Philadelphia

4)Toronto

Anyone but New Jersey. Seeing the Habs in the playoffs should be a treat, not a chore... Against the other three, you'd see some excellent hockey played at both ends of the ice, but NJ likes to put other teams (and the fans) to sleep... In the end if Montreal got past any of these teams it would be a miracle. Miracles do happen in the playoffs though.

Marksman 01-27-2004 11:36 AM

I dont care, just getting into post season would be enough for me at this point.

If I had to choose, I'd rather take on Philly, for a chance there would be more Canadian teams on the 2nd round.

Darz 01-27-2004 02:37 PM

I agree with Marksman2, don't really care, just wanna make the playoffs then firgure out how we are going to whip the team we play in the first round.

gunnerdom 01-27-2004 03:03 PM

As long as they play Ottawa in the first or second round. Why you may ask? Cuz I want to go see a game!!!

#1 Habitant 01-27-2004 03:07 PM

Philly, as their goaltending is suspect. And besides that, I work with a Flyer fan and would love to have bragging rights for the entire summer! Nothing like a healthy dose of Philadelphia Fillet! :lol:

goalchenyuk 01-27-2004 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
I agree with Marksman2, don't really care, just wanna make the playoffs then firgure out how we are going to whip the team we play in the first round.

i agree with both you and Marksam2...anyway we are just in a building process , the simple fact to be there would be already good

#1 Habitant 01-27-2004 03:11 PM

The Flyers as they have suspect goaltending and I work with a Philly fan so I would enjoy having bragging rights the entire summer. Nothing like a healthy dish of Philadelphia Fillet to satisfy one's hunger for the Cup. :lol:

Gros Bill 01-27-2004 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v
i agree with both you and Marksam2...anyway we are just in a building process , the simple fact to be there would be already good

So now I agree with Marksman2, Darz and Markov - must be a record. I've said it before, just making the playoffs this year is our "Stanley Cup" ( :cry: ). Anything else will be gravy. Given the choices, tho, I guess I'd rather play les Fifis de Philadelphie-phie.

oli500 01-27-2004 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v

Ya I also agree that it would be really nice to be in the playoffs and that were still in a building process and right now its looking good but in the nhl anything is possible. the fact is that if the habs continue to play like this and we would get into a playoffs berth but it would most likely be againts one of those four teams mention above. So I just want to know who u guys would prefere to play againts in the playoffs. :)