HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   If you could buy any skate... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=472349)

Waterboy 01-31-2008 04:09 PM

If you could buy any skate...

...what would it be?

I'm looking to purchase new skates. I was sure I'd find an old thread in here but didn't see one. If you could have any pair of skates (based on price and quality) what do you recommend or what do you already wear?

I've been wearing Graf 609's for the last few years and love em but thought I'd see if there is anything that a bunch of guys recommend over them. Before the Grafs I wore Bauer 4000s when they were brand new - so its been a while in the Grafs. :D

I've got an E width foot so a wider skate fits better and a high arch...if that makes a differnce at all.

jacklours 01-31-2008 04:26 PM

personaly I will not leave Graf for any reason. I think they are just the most comfortable skates. However I haven't shopped around for skates for the past 5 years at least since the last 2 pairs of skates I've bought we're Graf and I didn't even look at other companies.

Ti-girl 01-31-2008 04:43 PM

I'd stay with my RBK 9k's.

I tried the one90's......yeah didn't work so well.

sc37 01-31-2008 05:02 PM

I would stock up on the original Vapor 10s. Honestly I wouldn't mind some one90s or XXXXs but if they arn't gonna fit my foot like the Vapor 10s, perfectly I'd say, then it'd be pointless.

slapsh0t77 01-31-2008 05:49 PM

skates

I need to get new skates too. But im gonna wait until the new stuff comes out, like the Vector U+, One95, new synergys, and rbks. My present skates r 7k pumps. I would not reccomend pumps to anybody because they just do not last. Both my pumps are broken and iv had them for a little under a year. :shakehead

stick9 02-01-2008 08:47 AM

If I could buy any skate. I'd go with CCM Vector Pros...the ones with the silver mesh side panels. Custom built to fit my foot perfectly with white LS2 holders and the best steel possible.

What I would recommend, anything that fits your foot.

Jarick 02-01-2008 09:41 AM

I just bought a pair of Vapor XXV's. They are the ONLY skate that fits my foot. Not much difference to the Vapor XXXX's. But I tried on Grafs, Mission XP and AG, Supremes, Vector, RBK's, Stealths, Synergies, everything. And the ONLY skate that fit was a Vapor in EE.

VERY important to try on everything.

That said, if money was no object, I would also try the Graf G35 and KOR Shift 2. But those weren't around and I don't have $500 to spend on skates.

Henrique Iglesias 02-01-2008 11:07 AM

I would wanna get Bauer Supreme one90s, but you would have to be playing ALOT to get the most out of them.

puck_08 02-01-2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waterboy (Post 12282465)
...what would it be?

I'm looking to purchase new skates. I was sure I'd find an old thread in here but didn't see one. If you could have any pair of skates (based on price and quality) what do you recommend or what do you already wear?

I've been wearing Graf 609's for the last few years and love em but thought I'd see if there is anything that a bunch of guys recommend over them. Before the Grafs I wore Bauer 4000s when they were brand new - so its been a while in the Grafs. :D

I've got an E width foot so a wider skate fits better and a high arch...if that makes a differnce at all.

I did the same thing, my old skates were 4000s, now I have Grafs. I really wish I had never bought the Grafs.. they took forever to break in/get used to. I dunno if it was just me, but I was not all that thrilled. But since I spent hundred of dollars on the Grafs, and they are perfectly fine, as far as not being worn out, I will not be switching anytime soon.

I think if I was going to buy new skates, I would try on all the new Bauers, because I loved how my old ones felt.

wildebeest 02-01-2008 03:20 PM

graf 707 in white like Dan Carcillo wears.

BamaCapsFan 02-01-2008 03:22 PM

Thermablades!

Hank19* 02-01-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waterboy (Post 12282465)
...what would it be?

Grafs.

I had the old CCM tacks for years and I loved them. But when my boot wore out I got some new ones and they're far too narrow for my feet.
I had Bauers for a time before the CCM's but I can't go back to them. I don't like the rocker on them.

Graf's are expensive but in my mind they're the best out there.

kingpest19 02-01-2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puck_08 (Post 12298433)
I did the same thing, my old skates were 4000s, now I have Grafs. I really wish I had never bought the Grafs.. they took forever to break in/get used to. I dunno if it was just me, but I was not all that thrilled. But since I spent hundred of dollars on the Grafs, and they are perfectly fine, as far as not being worn out, I will not be switching anytime soon.

I think if I was going to buy new skates, I would try on all the new Bauers, because I loved how my old ones felt.

Would your ather complain about spending hundreds on Grafs and have them hold up or complain abaout spending hundreds of dollars on todays skates and have them breakdown in under a year? Ive seen far too many complain about Vaprs or the One90s breaking down way too fast.

Diamond Joe 02-01-2008 06:57 PM

Love my Graf 705s, had em for I guess this is my 6th season now. Don't play competitively anymore but they're a great skate. Probably will stick with the Grafs, at least when I need to get another pair, dunno when that'll be though.

Canadian Chris 02-01-2008 07:43 PM

Much like everyone else...LOVE my Graf G3's....into my 4th season with....on the ice a ton...lately, 5 nights a week between games and officiating and then often extra times when I'm out playing pond hockey....skates are fabulous. Definitely will be looking at Grafs again when its time...although that's probably a few years down the road yet!

puck_08 02-01-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingpest19 (Post 12299900)
Would your ather complain about spending hundreds on Grafs and have them hold up or complain abaout spending hundreds of dollars on todays skates and have them breakdown in under a year? Ive seen far too many complain about Vaprs or the One90s breaking down way too fast.

probably a good point, i don't own vapors so i wouldn't know.. maybe I'll feel better about my Grafs now ;)

Marc Bergevins Suit 02-01-2008 09:12 PM

http://hockeymonkey.com/graf-hockey-...tra-se-sr.html

vexXed 02-02-2008 12:29 AM

Nice to see all the love for Graf out there. I'm skating on 709's now as they fit me the best out of the skates I've worn so far. I didn't get the G9's or Ultra G9's as I had heard the outsole kept chipping away and deteriorating. I suppose a few years down the line when I have to replace 709's, Graf will have addressed the issue and I would go for them.

spoon* 02-02-2008 10:46 AM

I'd stick with my XXXX's

Iron 02-02-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gohabsgo_11 (Post 12304278)

Same here, I'd love to have those skates. I have grafs now and love them.

hockeyfreak95* 02-03-2008 04:42 PM

one90's are the best by far.

stick9 02-04-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyfreak95 (Post 12330610)
one90's are the best by far.

So good they are being replaced in just three short years...

The One95 was designed to fix everything that was wrong with the One90. When a skate has that many flaws or issues it's hard to call it the best skate on the market.

RobertKron 02-04-2008 10:33 AM

Mega Air 90s via a time machine or something.