HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Good joke involving the leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=47246)

gunnerdom 01-27-2004 05:02 PM

Good joke involving the leafs
 
I had to share that one, obviously working at the government, I get loads of jokes everyday. First time I got a leafs joke thought so I would like to share it. Maybe some of you saw it already but whatever :


Canadian Temperature Guide
------------------------------------------
50* Fahrenheit (10* C)
Californians shiver uncontrollably,
Canadians plant gardens.

35* Fahrenheit (1.6* C)
Italian cars won't start,
Canadians drive with the windows down.

32* Fahrenheit (0* C)
American water freezes,
Canadian water gets thicker.

0* Fahrenheit (-17.9* C)
New York City landlords finally turn on the heat,
Canadians have the last barbecue of the season.

-60* Fahrenheit (-51* C)
Mt. St. Helens freezes,
Canadians Girl Guides sell cookies door to door.

-100* Fahrenheit (-73* C)
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole,
ottawa canal opens for skating.

-173* Fahrenheit (-114* C)
Ethyl alcohol freezes,
Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

- 460* Fahrenheit (-273* C)
Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops,
Canadians start saying, "Cold eh?"

- 500* Fahrenheit (-295* C)
Hell freezes over,
Leafs finally win Stanley Cup!

Lewis63 01-27-2004 05:26 PM

thanks for the laugh

:handclap: :D :handclap:

Perry Turnbull 01-27-2004 05:31 PM

I am working in Leafs country right now and this one will come in handy.

Tks.

sandman08 01-27-2004 05:36 PM

Quote:

-60* Fahrenheit (-51* C)
Mt. St. Helens freezes,
Canadians Girl Guides sell cookies door to door.
sweet.. i guess i'll be seein some lil girl guides today as its currently -52*C w/ the windchill here in balmy Saskatoon :lol:

but seriously though great joke :lol:
i like it :lol:

VAN-HAB 01-27-2004 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejaculine
I had to share that one, obviously working at the government, I get loads of jokes everyday. First time I got a leafs joke thought so I would like to share it. Maybe some of you saw it already but whatever :


Canadian Temperature Guide
------------------------------------------
50* Fahrenheit (10* C)
Californians shiver uncontrollably,
Canadians plant gardens.

35* Fahrenheit (1.6* C)
Italian cars won't start,
Canadians drive with the windows down.

32* Fahrenheit (0* C)
American water freezes,
Canadian water gets thicker.

0* Fahrenheit (-17.9* C)
New York City landlords finally turn on the heat,
Canadians have the last barbecue of the season.

-60* Fahrenheit (-51* C)
Mt. St. Helens freezes,
Canadians Girl Guides sell cookies door to door.

-100* Fahrenheit (-73* C)
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole,
ottawa canal opens for skating.

-173* Fahrenheit (-114* C)
Ethyl alcohol freezes,
Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

- 460* Fahrenheit (-273* C)
Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops,
Canadians start saying, "Cold eh?"

- 500* Fahrenheit (-295* C)
Hell freezes over,
Leafs finally win Stanley Cup!

I work for the fed gov too and I never receive good jokes like this :joker:

PrairieHabber 01-27-2004 06:06 PM

I haven't seen that one before...had a good laugh...thanks!

Dar 01-27-2004 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejaculine
- 500* Fahrenheit (-295* C)
Hell freezes over,
Leafs finally win Stanley Cup!

Don't laugh, we're almost there. :p

watercoolant 01-27-2004 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dar
Don't laugh, we're almost there. :p

Are you having a brain freeze? :D :joker:

#44_delivers 01-27-2004 07:27 PM

excellent joke, it will be going to good use :joker:

danboulie 01-27-2004 07:33 PM

Someone had sent that to my email a week or so ago, but it's still worth a good laugh. :joker:

Darz 01-27-2004 08:08 PM

Never get sick of that one!!!

Let's check the ol weather report in hell:

Today:
HOT!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow:
HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long Range:
HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Habsaku 01-27-2004 08:33 PM

Get lives, how low are you guys, making fun of a team just cause they havent won in a while.

Habsolument 01-27-2004 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsaku
Get lives, how low are you guys, making fun of a team just cause they havent won in a while.

I like your avatar :rolly:

Rahan 01-27-2004 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Never get sick of that one!!!

Let's check the ol weather report in hell:

Today:
HOT!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow:
HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long Range:
HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL, that was gold man!

G Man 77 01-27-2004 11:06 PM

It could be modified to include -20 Celcius: Habs cancels outdoor practice... but then Canadians wouldn't sound as tough against the cold.

Have we gotten soft? ;)

SoundsGood 01-27-2004 11:36 PM

Whats funny about it?
This is real, :teach: except for the Leafs part which is just speculation. :joker:

Prrebel 01-27-2004 11:53 PM

Did yoiu hear about the Toronto Maple Leaf goalie who tried to kill himself by jumping in front of the Go-Train?

He's still alive.... the train went between his legs!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.