HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   slap shots (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=473389)

pipe dreams 02-03-2008 11:59 AM

slap shots
 
Slap shots
The Blue Jackets have just concluded a survey of former season ticket-holders, asking them why they left, what they have spent the money on and what it would take to get them back. President Mike Priest wants to make sure they have a grip on the marketplace today vs. the marketplace when they joined the NHL in 2000. It will be weeks before the results of the survey are compiled and interpreted. …

you have got to be kidding me

213 Sentinel 02-03-2008 12:13 PM

Link? :dunno:

pipe dreams 02-03-2008 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 213 Sentinel (Post 12325289)
Link? :dunno:

http://dispatch.com/live/content/blu...3.html?sid=101

5StringBuzz 02-03-2008 02:09 PM

When I read this, I almost choked. Former season ticket holders? How about current season ticket holders? Nobody from the front office has asked what I think. Well, here's what I think: I've just about run out of patience. Do what you want with the arena "experience," but pull out all the stops to bring us a winning CBJ team. Nothing else matters to me, and nothing else will keep me coming back. I've been paying my share since the beginning. It's long since time that this team made the investment needed to be a playoff contender -- not a perennial loser, and not even on the cusp of the playoffs. We can't keep hovering in the bottom sixth of payroll and hope that our draft picks will miraculously make us winners. Spend what needs to be spent, and spend it wisely. I think we finally have a GM with enough brains to get it right. Now give him what he needs to do the job right.

That, Mr. Priest, is what I -- a CURRENT, paying (and becoming more tenuous) season ticket holder -- think. Pay attention!

KeithBWhittington 02-03-2008 02:15 PM

Emery took ottawa to the cup finals, donates his pay to Children's hospital, fights other teams enforcers...sounds like a good guy... :)

gocbj 02-03-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA28Flyer (Post 12326935)
When I read this, I almost choked. Former season ticket holders? How about current season ticket holders? Nobody from the front office has asked what I think. Well, here's what I think: I've just about run out of patience. Do what you want with the arena "experience," but pull out all the stops to bring us a winning CBJ team. Nothing else matters to me, and nothing else will keep me coming back. I've been paying my share since the beginning. It's long since time that this team made the investment needed to be a playoff contender -- not a perennial loser, and not even on the cusp of the playoffs. We can't keep hovering in the bottom sixth of payroll and hope that our draft picks will miraculously make us winners. Spend what needs to be spent, and spend it wisely. I think we finally have a GM with enough brains to get it right. Now give him what he needs to do the job right.

That, Mr. Priest, is what I -- a CURRENT, paying (and becoming more tenuous) season ticket holder -- think. Pay attention!


"spend what needs to be spent..."

AMEN!

With a budget $10M under the cap, we are forced to play with 80% ($40M of a $50M cap) of what everyone else has. We are playing WITHOUT two star ($5M each) players. It's JMac's fault more than anything.

pipe dreams 02-03-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA28Flyer (Post 12326935)
When I read this, I almost choked. Former season ticket holders? How about current season ticket holders? Nobody from the front office has asked what I think. Well, here's what I think: I've just about run out of patience. Do what you want with the arena "experience," but pull out all the stops to bring us a winning CBJ team. Nothing else matters to me, and nothing else will keep me coming back. I've been paying my share since the beginning. It's long since time that this team made the investment needed to be a playoff contender -- not a perennial loser, and not even on the cusp of the playoffs. We can't keep hovering in the bottom sixth of payroll and hope that our draft picks will miraculously make us winners. Spend what needs to be spent, and spend it wisely. I think we finally have a GM with enough brains to get it right. Now give him what he needs to do the job right.

That, Mr. Priest, is what I -- a CURRENT, paying (and becoming more tenuous) season ticket holder -- think. Pay attention!

it's unbelievable isn't it? is ownership for real?
grow up Mike
how is anyone in the NHL, city, ticket holders skeptics going to take a franchise serious when ownership can't figure out what happened to the fans. Does he want to weigh out the options to see if they should make an investment? I truly wonder how long this franchise will survive.
I have also recieved no questionaire and have been ticket holder since day one. they should be a little bit more worried about how many more thay are going to lose then what they have already lost.

why don't they try winning

orthosrgn2 02-03-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipe dreams (Post 12327614)
it's unbelievable isn't it? is ownership for real?
grow up Mike
how is anyone in the NHL, city, ticket holders skeptics going to take a franchise serious when ownership can't figure out what happened to the fans. Does he want to weigh out the options to see if they should make an investment? I truly wonder how long this franchise will survive.
I have also recieved no questionaire and have been ticket holder since day one. they should be a little bit more worried about how many more thay are going to lose then what they have already lost.

why don't they try winning

I would settle with why not try competing!

orthosrgn2 02-03-2008 04:36 PM

I am so dissapointed in the entire organization, top to bottom. I almost feel as though I am in a Scrabble game and my tiles are Q-F-C-Z-W-P-G. I am tempted to throw in the entire lot and pick again. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

CBJFan827 02-03-2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthosrgn2 (Post 12330515)
I am so dissapointed in the entire organization, top to bottom. I almost feel as though I am in a Scrabble game and my tiles are Q-F-C-Z-W-P-G. I am tempted to throw in the entire lot and pick again. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Calm down, all we need is an O and P-O-W! A final C-O-G to bring us out of our horrible F-O-G. Or hey, maybe just turn in Q and Z and maybe we'll look a bit stronger.

Yes, I am pathetic, I admit it.

When I read that this morning, I too, was irritated. Why not talk to CURRENT CBJ ticket holders? Maybe they'll contact us next? Maybe then we can FINALLY get the money needed to win SPENT.

JACKETfan 02-03-2008 05:13 PM

Settle down kids....
Past/present season ticket holders (like myself) should be happy that at least they are ASKING. No management can guarantee a winner, but they can do OTHER things that help PSL holders "hang in" during difficult times. They've done several things this year. But they will need to do even more if we fold.

How about:
  • Free parking for season ticket holders.
  • Ability to use your PSL card to get the discount at concessions (rather than having to buy those cumbersome CBJ bucks).
  • A one time seat-upgrade... allow us to move up one seat grade for free.
  • Quit making us feel ripped off by all the freebie/freefood/special ticket offers you've made to the non-psl holders this year.

cbjfan4life 02-03-2008 05:44 PM

If more of the psl holders would show up for weekday games, they wouldnt have to run as many of the specials!

orthosrgn2 02-03-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbjfan4life (Post 12331339)
If more of the psl holders would show up for weekday games, they wouldnt have to run as many of the specials!

If more of the CBJ players showed up regularly, maybe more psl holders would......

213 Sentinel 02-03-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthosrgn2 (Post 12331789)
If more of the CBJ players showed up regularly, maybe more psl holders would......

Word.

cbjfan4life 02-03-2008 09:53 PM

touche'


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.