HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Any of you guys play with your brothers? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=474398)

penguinsfanatic 02-05-2008 06:02 PM

Any of you guys play with your brothers?

I was just wondering if any of you guys on here experience that weird brother connection, where no matter where you are on the rink you just always seem to hit your brother with amazing passes that are just mind numbing. I'm not trying to talk myself up or anything like that I was just wondering if any of you guys on here have that connection with your brother? My brother and I are two years apart and are very competitive people, we have played on pretty much every team together from baseball to soccer. We only play inline hockey but when we are playing and on the same team it just doesn't seem fair cause i could be pined in the corner at our end of the rink and i just know where he is without even knowing and I hit him every time with a breakout pass for a goal....He does the same thing too when he has the puck and the guys we play with don't even like it when we are on the same team cause it just isn't fair lol......Well enough about that I was just wondering who else plays with their brother and experiences that kinda like the Sedins?

Harv 02-05-2008 06:27 PM

Pretty funny story on brothers. I played with a set of twins over many years. The one was named Jack and the other was Jacob. Jack wore number 12 and Jacob wore 21. So when it came down to putting names on the back of their jerseys it was intresting.

So on the back of Jacobs jersey it said: Jaco. Burncheck. On the back of Jacks jersey it said: Jack Burncheck.

Yes, 14 letters and a space on a back of a jersey. It was pretty funny. :D

triggrman 02-05-2008 07:03 PM

My brother is a lot smaller than me, but tends to mouth a little, so even though we play on the same team, we generally don't play on the ice at the same time.

Let me qualify that.

I tend to bang a little, him being the older brother thinks every time I get shoved I need him to come in to "help" me, usually I end up having to take up for him in the end.

DaveROR 02-05-2008 10:22 PM

We'll see, starting to play in a league with my brother on March 1st, but I doubt either of us will be good at first :)

Grave77digger 02-06-2008 12:29 PM

I have a very keen intuition in to what my brother Tomax is doing at all times. I can even feel when he gets hit.:sarcasm:

Ti-girl 02-06-2008 12:45 PM

No, I'm a girl.

One of my coaches has a set of identical triplet boys.

Their last name is Kramer and the three boys are on a line.

It goes

A. Kramer
B. Kramer
C. Kramer

Yep, Alexandre, Benoit and Christophe.

Loto68 02-06-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ti-girl (Post 12375913)
No, I'm a girl.

It goes

A. Kramer
B. Kramer
C. Kramer

Thats almost creepy.

nodq 02-06-2008 01:05 PM

Totally understand what you are saying here. My younger bro and I (2 years difference) are on the same team (he is C, I'm an A) and when we are on the ice at the same time, I do just kind of know where he is and that he will be somewhere.

I don't know how to explain it, man.

Ti-girl 02-06-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loto68 (Post 12376130)
Thats almost creepy.

It's hilarious.

When they were born they were just expecting twins and then the third one popped out. And the father couldn't tell them apart so he used to write "A" "B" and "C" on the bottom of their feet and they stuck.

It's great going to their games.

"Ben Kramer scores. Assists to Alex Kramer and Chris Kramer..."

Habsfan 32 02-06-2008 06:38 PM

I played a couple games with my brother and he's 3 years younger then I am. I was in my last year in midget and he was in his 2nd year bantam and we were missing alot of guys so he came to play with us. He scored 5 goals in 2 game and I got assists on all of them. He's bigger then I am so I told to park his fat ass in front of the net with his stick on the ice and he did just that and 3 of his goals were tap ins.

xeric716x 02-06-2008 06:46 PM

me and my brother play together twice a week. he plays D, i'am a center, he always seems to hit me with a nice breakout pass twice a game or a sweet lead pass.

luke1127 02-06-2008 06:58 PM

I am an identical twin, and my brother and I have played on the same line since Novice. We always seem to know where each other are, or where we're going to be on the ice, and get a lot of assists to each other.

Sensfanman 02-06-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luke1127 (Post 12382360)
I am an identical twin, and my brother and I have played on the same line since Novice. We always seem to know where each other are, or where we're going to be on the ice, and get a lot of assists to each other.

Daniel/Henrik...? Is that you?

My brother was always too far up in age groups to play with me but he did coach my team with my dad after he almost got killed on the ice (stepping on neck guard incident). He would always do some 1 on 1 drills with me (he was a defenseman when he played) but now he's in California for a work term. It would have been sweet to play with him though, he could make a sick break away pass tape to tape.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* 02-06-2008 07:54 PM

Yes, on year and it was my favorite year ever.

I'm a 1987 and my little brother is a 1991.

I've told this story many times but for those who haven't heard it it's a good one. It was my senior year of Highschool, I had become a legend on the hockey team becoming the only Junior captain ever (at that time). It was my second year of captaincy and it was good. My little brother had just dominated playing for the Huskies (a team in our area) as a 12 year old with 14-15 year old kids and I talked to my coach and things were worked out to give him a tryout that year as an 8th grader for a highschool team. He came into tryouts and impressed, he was named to Varsity along with me, top line. It was me on left wing, one of my best freinds through highschool at center, and my little brother at right wing. It was the most fun I've ever had. My brother and I had alot of chemistry, here he was, 13 years old playing for one of the most competative teams in the Upstate 8. Now today I played college hockey but have been forced in and out of playing because of my back. He today is a Junior (became captain this year too) on the team leading in scoring again (something he's done since he was a Sophomore), and on pace to break my record for career points with the team (with an extra year of play I always tell him ;) ) and on pace to brake the goal record set by our team in 1999. I really loved playing with him, he played alot like me because he looked up to me alot. We always moved, from Finland to Quebec to Colorado to Chicago so we've been tight. It was a way for me to have one last stand as a brother with him before I became an adult and went off to college. Our last game was beyond cinematic because it was the award cerimony night and after the award were handed out, I took off my jersey and gave it to my little brother and people in the crowd were tearing up. It was truly sentimental.

ctfrjhlf 02-08-2008 03:06 PM

Geez, how do you top a story like that?
Anyway, I have a twin brother, we started playing together about 6 years ago or so. We've pretty much played together ever since we started. Problem is, we play roller hockey, which is usually 4 on 4. We started playing as forwards, and we were so god awful that they split us up, so that there would be at least one experienced forward on the rink. Now that we're (somewhat) better, we still don't get to play together, because I get paired with one of the less experienced forwards on our team, and he gets paired with the other. One day though...
Anyway, in essence, we do play together, but we don't have that "connection."

SiouxPride 02-08-2008 03:12 PM

mines not borther, but my cousin is a year older then me,a dn he played in same league dif team.. playoffs, mhm interesting, im infront of the net and i went behind to get the puck i did, i passed it out im standing in the slot outta no where he comes out and crosschecks me and he got a gam and 1 game susp.. and he was grounded for like a while, so aty the next family gathering, which happend to be like 2 weeks after, we got into an altercation.. and he was asked to leave for a while ;) but yea no connection.

LePalle 02-08-2008 04:00 PM

In street hockey, there were two brothers, one two years older than the other, on the team. The older one was the best in the league and the younger was also top 5. But somehow it ended up being me and the older one with the younger one playing 2nd line, because me and the older one just absolutely dominated together...we had that "brother connection" and the brothers didnt. I always thought that was funny.

supaman 02-08-2008 06:03 PM

Yes and no. I play goal and both my brothers play forward. I've never played with both on the same team though. (Were each 5 years apart) I did play with my older brother a bit. I'd usually make a haymaker pass up ice and he would almost always be there and off on a break. 15 assists that season. Never worked with anyone else.

Airborne Troll* 02-08-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ti-girl (Post 12375913)
No, I'm a girl.

It goes

A. Kramer
B. Kramer
C. Kramer

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Airborne Troll* 02-08-2008 10:09 PM

I hope they make it to the NHL

Lundqvist=Vezina 02-09-2008 04:26 PM

Yeah me and my bro were on the same team in high school. We play pick up together now. I made amazing passes to him but just like I did to others as well:naughty:

JRZ DVLS 02-11-2008 09:23 AM

I only played with my brother in Mens league. I played organized when i was younger, but he is five years older. I'd have to say there is a connection, If nothing else, i knew he understood the game, and he knew i did to. Lets face it, some mens leagues, the other player shave no clue of positioning.
I am a ceter and he would play either wing. I think I primary assisted on almost every one of his goals. Even had to pop his shoulder back in on the Ice....That Sucked... But there is nothing like playing with a brother or family menber.

On a side note, i can understand why Scott Niedermayer wanted to play with Rob...

nodq 02-11-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnerican (Post 12383390)
Yes, on year and it was my favorite year ever.

I'm a 1987 and my little brother is a 1991.

I've told this story many times but for those who haven't heard it it's a good one. It was my senior year of Highschool, I had become a legend on the hockey team becoming the only Junior captain ever (at that time). It was my second year of captaincy and it was good. My little brother had just dominated playing for the Huskies (a team in our area) as a 12 year old with 14-15 year old kids and I talked to my coach and things were worked out to give him a tryout that year as an 8th grader for a highschool team. He came into tryouts and impressed, he was named to Varsity along with me, top line. It was me on left wing, one of my best freinds through highschool at center, and my little brother at right wing. It was the most fun I've ever had. My brother and I had alot of chemistry, here he was, 13 years old playing for one of the most competative teams in the Upstate 8. Now today I played college hockey but have been forced in and out of playing because of my back. He today is a Junior (became captain this year too) on the team leading in scoring again (something he's done since he was a Sophomore), and on pace to break my record for career points with the team (with an extra year of play I always tell him ;) ) and on pace to brake the goal record set by our team in 1999. I really loved playing with him, he played alot like me because he looked up to me alot. We always moved, from Finland to Quebec to Colorado to Chicago so we've been tight. It was a way for me to have one last stand as a brother with him before I became an adult and went off to college. Our last game was beyond cinematic because it was the award cerimony night and after the award were handed out, I took off my jersey and gave it to my little brother and people in the crowd were tearing up. It was truly sentimental.

I can't beat that story, but when we first started playing, I got my first goal (and many others) before my lil brother did. He didn't get his until maybe halfway through the season, but there was this big build up at home (we still live together) about when he would finally get it. When he finally did get it, it was great, for him of course, but I got the primary assist so that made me happy.

Side note: he has since gone on to score more goals than me, however, i would like to point out that I am now pretty much playing D only now. :P

XweekendwarriorX 02-11-2008 03:23 PM

I Like playing with my bro its fun and you never have to go to a family event and tell a story of something sweetthat happened and have it collaborated.

Avery4Byng* 02-12-2008 11:17 AM

I play on the same team as my bro, he is 22 and I am 24 playing in a mens league here. We usually just try and see who gets the most points and pim's, i just passed him in pim's last game and am now within 1 point of him.