HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   trade proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=47588)

Flyers dom NHL 01-28-2004 07:41 PM

trade proposal

flyers get:
biron
dupont

sabres get:
handzus
gagne

flyers get a goalie and a good young right wing which is needed. Comrie could play center now. The sabres get rid of biron and get 2 good young and cheap forwards.

blah 01-28-2004 07:44 PM

Flyers are giving up way too much. Handzus isn't moving either. Should be obvious once they moved Comrie to the wing. Clarke likes his 2 big centers.

Rails 01-28-2004 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers dom NHL
flyers get:
biron
dupont

sabres get:
handzus
gagne

flyers get a goalie and a good young right wing which is needed. Comrie could play center now. The sabres get rid of biron and get 2 good young and cheap forwards.

I doubt Buffalo would be getting Handzus and Gagne in the same deal. And do you mean Dumont? But the person that posted above me said it. Flyers give up too much. I personally would rather have Miller, Kotalik/Pominville and Drury/Briere if the Flyers were giving up Handzus and Gagne (maybe add in a defenseman or draft pick).

Flyers dom NHL 01-28-2004 07:47 PM

buffalo could throw in a draft pick

Dr Love 01-28-2004 07:48 PM

Quote:

buffalo could throw in a draft pick

Wouldn't matter, the Flyers are still giving up too much. That deal doesn't get the Flyers closer to a Cup.

Flyers dom NHL 01-28-2004 07:50 PM

change dupont for satan?

blah 01-28-2004 07:52 PM

I still don't think the Flyers need Biron. I'd take McKee or even Zhitnik in a deal before Biron. I know the rumor of a Gagne-Biron deal is being thrown around in the papers but it makes little sense from a Flyers POV.

Flyers dom NHL 01-28-2004 07:54 PM

very true...i also would like to see nittymaki play before we make a trade for a goalie. he could be a very good backup at this point and we dont know

Fire Bobby Clarke 01-28-2004 08:52 PM

Why would we give up 2 quality frowards for a goalie who isn't better then esche and another forward which we don't need.

stanley 01-28-2004 08:58 PM

Quote:

very true...i also would like to see nittymaki play before we make a trade for a goalie. he could be a very good backup at this point and we dont know

FD NHL,
I suspect the Flyers will go out and get a backup if Hackett can't return from his bout of vertigo. I think Nittymaki and the Flyer organization benefits from him experiencing a lead role in a Phantom Calder Cup run (they are in first in their division, due in part to Nittymaki's play) much more than having him polish the pine for the Flyers. Plus, he's a complete wildcard if he had to actually play in the NHL playoffs, and I think that's the best they could hope for.

As I think about it even more, I can't see a universe in which Bob Clarke willingly went into the playoffs with Nittymaki as his backup goaltender.

John Flyers Fan 01-28-2004 09:43 PM

Quote:

flyers get:
biron
dupont

sabres get:
handzus
gagne

That is a horrific deal from a Flyers perspective.

I wouldn't deal Handzus OR Gagne for Biron & Dupont.

Biron is no more proven come playoff time than Esche & Dumont is nice player, but nothing special.

If Handzus & Gagne are going in the same deal a superstar must be coming back to the Flyers.