HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Sharks post game thoughts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=476511)

RollingPredFan 02-10-2008 12:17 PM

Sharks post game thoughts

Oh well Im sure everyone is busy, this was game we'd like to forget... lol BUT

Refs you suck, why do we always get the ticky tack calls against this team?

Zanon you suck, hes been struggling here lately.

Fiddler had one of the best games I have ever seen him and play we wasted it lol

What got into Hamuis, I thought he and Thorton actually was going to fight hehe

I hate the friggin Sharks.

Oh well just venting, onto Phoenix.

Joe T Choker 02-10-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollingPredFan (Post 12442621)
Oh well Im sure everyone is busy, this was game we'd like to forget... lol BUT

Refs you suck, why do we always get the ticky tack calls against this team?

Zanon you suck, hes been struggling here lately.

Fiddler had one of the best games I have ever seen him and play we wasted it lol

What got into Hamuis, I thought he and Thorton actually was going to fight hehe

I hate the friggin Sharks.

Oh well just venting, onto Phoenix.

I *heart* a good phantom hook to lose a game ... although we SHOULD have gotten the puck out (fiddler) ... we shouldn't have been put in that position to begin with ... the ref probably really didn't see the infraction because his head was stuck far up his hole ... thanks Stephane Auger ... you're french toast as far as I'm concerned

trotzian brow 02-10-2008 01:06 PM

Zannnnnnoooooonnnnnnn!

Joe T Choker 02-10-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiery Silhouette (Post 12443550)
Zannnnnnoooooonnnnnnn!

:rant: :cry: :rant:

Enoch 02-10-2008 01:11 PM

It was definitely a bad call leading to their PP goal, but it all could have been avoided if Fiddler hadn't put the puck in the skates of a Sharks player, when he easily could have even skated the puck out of the zone. Zanon is really becoming a poor penalty killer. His shot-blocking angles are not that good when on the PK, and he is getting burned quite a bit when he isn't blocking shots. We need for him to step up his mental game on specialty teams.

We played good. Its tough to see us blow two leads (again) to the Sharks.

kilgro 02-10-2008 01:16 PM

whose starting in net against the coyotes tonight?? anyone know?

trotzian brow 02-10-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Trotz (Post 12443586)
:rant: :cry: :rant:

But he blocks shots..............

lugnut76 02-10-2008 02:08 PM

You have to win a game if Fiddler and Nichol combine for 3 goals.

triggrman 02-10-2008 04:00 PM

Zanon sucks.

barrytrotzsneck 02-10-2008 04:41 PM

I don't understand all the Zanon bashing. This isn't a new thing. he's always been a relatively-slow, one-dimensional defenseman. His one dimension is, under typical circumstances, very valuable. He's a fearless shot blocker. Anyone that made him out to be a cerebral, stay-at-home, physical defenseman...at any point..was deluding himself. He's not out on the 5 on 3 to make the smart play. He's out to get in the way of the point shots. You can't compare him to guys like Volchenkov or Komisarek...who not only block shots, but also use their physicality\sense to make the right play...because he lacks that dimension. Any time you use him on the PK, especially on the 5 on 3, you're taking a calculated risk. you hope that he is in the right position to get in the way of the shot...but you also hope that he's NOT in the position that requires him to read the play and react accordingly. Zanon is and has been a little overrated among our fans...so it's frustrating when he gets bashed for having a "bad game," when in fact he's just playing to his ability.

nine_inch_fang 02-10-2008 06:20 PM

I never "overrated" Zanon but I still feel he isn't one of our top six at least not now. I think he needs a little bit of a break. Hopefully his hand is too swollen and sore to play tonight

Enoch 02-10-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 12447368)
I don't understand all the Zanon bashing. This isn't a new thing. he's always been a relatively-slow, one-dimensional defenseman. His one dimension is, under typical circumstances, very valuable. He's a fearless shot blocker. Anyone that made him out to be a cerebral, stay-at-home, physical defenseman...at any point..was deluding himself. He's not out on the 5 on 3 to make the smart play. He's out to get in the way of the point shots. You can't compare him to guys like Volchenkov or Komisarek...who not only block shots, but also use their physicality\sense to make the right play...because he lacks that dimension. Any time you use him on the PK, especially on the 5 on 3, you're taking a calculated risk. you hope that he is in the right position to get in the way of the shot...but you also hope that he's NOT in the position that requires him to read the play and react accordingly. Zanon is and has been a little overrated among our fans...so it's frustrating when he gets bashed for having a "bad game," when in fact he's just playing to his ability.

His game is the same, but I think it is the mental gaffes he is making lately that is hurting him. He needs to sit-down, watch some film, and regain a bit of his confidence.....thats all. He is and always will be a 5-7 defensemen on a hockey team.