HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Lindros left game with concussion,did not return. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=47728)

FearTheFlyers 01-29-2004 02:41 AM

Lindros left game with concussion,did not return.

Got hit with his head down,has been confirmed as a concussion.

RoDu 01-29-2004 02:57 AM

hard to feel sorry for the guy, it's his own fault, keeping your head up is somthing you leant when you are 8 years old

FearTheFlyers 01-29-2004 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
hard to feel sorry for the guy, it's his own fault, keeping your head up is somthing you leant when you are 8 years old

Well,he was looking for it in his skates.

blah 01-29-2004 03:22 AM

Looked like he could've had an idea of where Doig was but thought he could take the hit to make a play. Guess Doig hits a little harder than he thought.

Flyers26 01-29-2004 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg

While the puck was in his skates, with his history, you must keep your head up!

Rex88 01-29-2004 12:15 PM

I still feel sorry for him - health problems like that are hard to overcome and we all knew he was one big hit away from another problem.

FlyHigh 01-29-2004 12:22 PM

With all due respect to Lindros, he needs to get rid of that habit. I really feel a bit sorry for the guy, he was so hyped out of juniors and everything, he was having a good year this year and he was still getting criticized. He really should retire before he gets paralyzed or something.

BrindA17 01-29-2004 12:31 PM

Lindros could have been the most dominant player in the NHL. It's very unfortunate what's happened to him.

tytech 01-29-2004 02:48 PM

He was the most dominant.

MojoJojo 01-29-2004 03:49 PM

Whenever he plays well, this is what happens. before this hit, Rangers fans were saying he was the best player on their team. He was playing physical. Look what happens.

I saw the hit, and it was fairly hard. He might have thought he could plow through Doig, or maybe he did just have his head down and didnt see it coming. Anyway, point is that lots of players get hit like this in the NHL. It wasnt nearly as hard as JR's hit on Svehla last year for example, yet Lindros gets the concussions. Why? Clearly he is predisposed, fragile, has a glass jaw, whatever. Just look at his brother: had problems dialing his own telephone number at the age of 23. Anyway, I just dont buy the line that its his fault for keeping his head down.

I really, really hope he is smart enough to retire now. Not as a Flyers fan, or someone who hates the Rangers. I dont hold much animosity towards him. Brain injuries are just scary as hell, and I really believe he is on his way to living out the rest of his fairly young life in a terry cloth robeand slippers.

Brad* 01-29-2004 05:12 PM

Yikes. I don't know how many more of those he can take, if any. Maybe it's time for him to think about his health and hang 'em up.

Cuiff 01-29-2004 05:28 PM

It's odd. Ever since the trade I have waited for this day to arrive. Now that it has, I am surprised by my own feelings. I actually feel sad for the bum

Who would have figured!
:dunno:

FlyersGuy69 01-29-2004 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
It's odd. Ever since the trade I have waited for this day to arrive. Now that it has, I am surprised by my own feelings. I actually feel sad for the bum

Who would have figured!

I agree.
he needs to move on like his brother did along time ago. he has made plenty of money and I know that it is still about playing the game but at some point you have to just say that you can't physically do it anymore. how much of his future health is he willing to compromise?

Toonces 01-29-2004 10:05 PM

I have always wished Eric well. I hope he puts his health first.

If they say he can come back then he will go for it.

Bob Clarke Fan Club 01-30-2004 01:46 PM

Didn't he come back onto the ice and try to fight Doig? I could be wrong there, but I thought I caught it on the hilights. If Lindros was one big hit away from retirement, someone should have told him cause he took a shot against Hal Gill during the home and home against Boston. In any event he's never skated with his head up until after the Stevens hit...he never had to in Junior as he just ran over everybody. Eric was great because he was a freak sizewise and had the incredible hands for a big man. Eric was the prototype and now he's becoming obsolete...Tragic.

Rails 01-30-2004 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli

Who would have figured!

It is two yuears too late to return that 3rd round pick we got in the deal. I was waiting for it too.

pld459666 01-30-2004 04:30 PM

Like to clear something up

He was skating with the puck and it was somewhat chipped away from him by Grier. He put his head down for a second to look for the puck and got nailed.

Everyone and anyone who has ever played this game has looked down for a split second to re-find the puck after it get's somewhat chipped away.

For the 3 years he's been here he's done a real good job of skating with the puck with his head not only up, but on a swivel. He's also taken some pointers from Mess in that he's protected himself with his elbows from would be hitters.

Doig lined him up reag good, and had Lindros even seen him coming, Doig would have been toast. As it was Doig nailed Eric and then bounced off him and did a faceplant himself.

I've been concerned for his health all season as I knew that this style of play would eventually lead to some sort of head problems.

I just wish him well.