HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   some differenr stats ; hits, takeways ,giveways (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=47744)

goalchenyuk 01-29-2004 03:20 AM

some differenr stats ; hits, takeways ,giveways

i find this on another board

Hits
Souray 86
Bouillon 75
Begin 73
Ryder 61
Bulis 43

Blocked shots
Souray 64
Quintal 60
Rivet 59
Bouillon 48
Markov 47

Takeaways
Sundstrom 35
Ribeiro 35
Souray 32
Bulis 23
Markov/Brisebois 22

Giveaways
Komisarek 23
Juneau 23
Ribeiro 22
Dackell 22
Bulis 21

interesting to see that kind of stats...

Bob Bastards 01-29-2004 12:42 PM

Begin have 73 hit in 26 game :eek:
Average of 2.8 hit per game! No wonder this guy have bruised shoulder. I hope the doc who did the operation is the same who did Souray wrist, huuummm, bionic shoulder... :D
Thge team miss this guy so much... :cry:

Darz 01-29-2004 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v
Giveaways
Komisarek 23

Don't like seeing Komi leading this category. Especially when you consider he has played alot less games and minutes than his teammates. I have all the faith in the world he will turn it around.

Quote:

Takeaways
Brisebois 22

nice to see Brisebois in the top 5 in this category, and NOT the other.

sandman08 01-29-2004 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Don't like seeing Komi leading this category. Especially when you consider he has played alot less games and minutes than his teammates. I have all the faith in the world he will turn it around.

nice to see Brisebois in the top 5 in this category, and NOT the other.

i agree with you about komi but i think we should chalk that upto inexperience in the bigs and his tentative play.. (i think if you look at what he's done after his giveaways [for the most part] he has recovered from them.. or atleast he did in the games ive watched :lol: )
but yeah i say just give him time :)

Guy! 01-29-2004 08:34 PM

Quote:

i find this on another board

Hits
Souray 86
Bouillon 75
Begin 73
Ryder 61
Bulis 43

Souray is easy to understand, but what does it say that Bouillon is a bigger hitter than Quintal and Rivet? What does it way that Bulis hits more than those two? True, Quintal is more a positional defender, but I'd like to see him throw that body around just a little more. Rivet is more a feisty defender than a big hitter, but I don't think he's got the timing to hit properly.

As for the best hitters on the club, I'll go with Bouillon, Begin, and Koivu. Souray hits a lot, but they're not devastation so much as just consistently big. Bouillon regularly sends guys to the seat of their pants. Begin throws everything into them and frequently has guys on their *****. Koivu picks his spots and quite often shocks the entire viewing public by absolutely devastating whomever he hits.

Quote:

Blocked shots
Souray 64
Quintal 60
Rivet 59
Bouillon 48
Markov 47

Markov is totally underrated in this category by many. He's played significantly less games, and I see him as leading the team with an entire played. He's such a smart guy - plays his angles really well. Up front, Bulis has the same ability. Plays those angles well and is a surprisingly good shot-blocker.

Quote:

Takeaways
Sundstrom 35
Ribeiro 35
Souray 32
Bulis 23
Markov/Brisebois 22

When looking at Sunny, remember that for the first 20 games he was fourth line and not playing well at all and then you really start to see his talents. I love the fact that Ribs is here, because it shows his deft ability with his stick. Again with Markov, give him a whole season and that hand-eye coordination will have him at the top of the list by a margin.

Quote:

Giveaways
Komisarek 23
Juneau 23
Ribeiro 22
Dackell 22
Bulis 21

Tough stat to call, particularly with forwards since they're expected to try and make things happen which opens them up to losing the puck more often. Unfortunately, when you see a defender topping the list, it's somewhat worrysome. However, I'd be curious to see a breakdown on when Komi did those turnovers. I'm guessing it was a lot more at the beginning of the season and has been tailing off significantly since.

Thanks for the stats. Always fun to take a look.

ACF

Kirk Muller 01-29-2004 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy!
Tough stat to call, particularly with forwards since they're expected to try and make things happen which opens them up to losing the puck more often. Unfortunately, when you see a defender topping the list, it's somewhat worrysome. However, I'd be curious to see a breakdown on when Komi did those turnovers. I'm guessing it was a lot more at the beginning of the season and has been tailing off significantly since.
ACF

Indeed a tough stat to figure out. Same with hits, a couple of years ago, can't remember the guys name, led the league in hits, yet was never know as a hitter, more of a defender who contained opponents.

The turnover stat is so subjective that it is basically useless. Watching some games, you could find a guy giving it away five or six times. For whatever reason Bouillon comes to mind, he seems to fire the puck constantly around the boards without looking and giving it away. Does that constitute a give away? To me it does, but others obviously not. Also I don't know how many games these are updated through, but 23 giveaways is awfully low imo. I guess you just gotta figure out the definition. The fact is both Ribeiro and Koivu do it at least two or three times a game, and most good players do because they try to make things happen. Again, what is the definition of a giveaway because its a pretty meaningless stat without one.