HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   So far Svitov trade is helping Duncan Milroy... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=47746)

SpezNc 01-29-2004 03:21 AM

So far Svitov trade is helping Duncan Milroy...

I may be wrong but I think that since the trade he is:

Game 1: 0 PTS: +1 (I dunno if Svitov was already traded or not...)
Game 2: 1 A: +1
Game 3: 1 G, 2A, +1 (It's today so Svited wasn't a Dogs anymore...)

So 1 G and 3 A for 4 pts in 3 pts...

Probably better linemates, better ice time, better confidence, better adjustment the higher tempo..

If any one saw Duncan Milroy, some clues would be greatly appreciated...

Nicolas

montreal 01-29-2004 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpezNc
I may be wrong but I think that since the trade he is:

Game 1: 0 PTS: +1 (I dunno if Svitov was already traded or not...)
Game 2: 1 A: +1
Game 3: 1 G, 2A, +1 (It's today so Svited wasn't a Dogs anymore...)

So 1 G and 3 A for 4 pts in 3 pts...

Probably better linemates, better ice time, better confidence, better adjustment the higher tempo..

If any one saw Duncan Milroy, some clues would be greatly appreciated...

Nicolas

3 pts sounds right. Tonight he started off on the top line, Hossa Plekanec Milroy. Hossa even talked about them playing together as a line in the interview between periods, and how they work well together. But Jarvis seems to like to mix up the lines, and Ferland found some time playing on the top line in Milroy's place, while he went to the 3rd line of Olvestad Dwyer Milroy, where he got his first assist, it was on that line.

So the fact that Balej is up and Svitov not there, Ferland and Milroy are getting some top line ice time, great experience for the rookies. Somveri Higgins Perezhogin made up the 2nd line.

I've seen Milroy a few times this year, in the 4 games I went to he played in only 1 of those but he looked ok for one of his first games back after his injury (11-2-03, aginst the Barons) But I've seen him a few times in the dogs games that were on tv so far, and he's looked good overall. He could use some work on trying to improve his speed, but he's a smart player that knows where to go and has a wicked wrist shot while being able to play well in his own end. Getting stronger will help him out along the boards, but I look forward to see what he can do in a few years if he continues to develop.

pup 01-29-2004 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plekanec
We win more with Svitov out of the line-up! While Svitov is highly skilled, right now, he is'nt an as effective hockey player as Plekanec and Higgins...

Not saying that Plekanec and Higgins will be better NHLer one day, but they are more complete players at the moment while Svitov lack intensity and consistency in some area of the game!

I've some doubt about Svitov dedication for the win... From what I saw, he is a puck hog who likes steal the show!

Svitov is 10 x the player the midget creampuff Plakanec will ever be.
That is why he is in the NHL now ,SIZE SPEED AND MEAN,not like Plekanec a soft midget that the Habs have the market cornered on.
:mad:

Stephan Lebeau 01-29-2004 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pup
That is why he is in the NHL now ,SIZE SPEED AND MEAN,not like Plekanec a soft midget that the Habs have the market cornered on.

i smell a leaf fan in the house.

All-Star 01-29-2004 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pup

I was hoping you were banned; I guess I was wrong... Go away Troll.

Corey 01-29-2004 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pup

You know everything, don't you? Plekanec is pretty darned good for a 3rd round draft choice, while Svitov has already been traded for a fading old veteran by the team that drafted him.

habsfan11 01-29-2004 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pup

i smell a jealous little girl

damm leafs fans

Pleks is awsome!!!!

Joe Cole 01-29-2004 03:40 PM

I have heard that Svitov has an attitude problem and that he thinks the world is owed to him. That is why he was in the dog house withj Tortarella. I have no idea if that is just spin control from TB for trading away a forst rounder.

It seems that Tort's has the same problem with another 2st rounder....Vinny

habitants9_4 01-29-2004 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plekanec
Svitov is'nt fast, Plekanec is alot faster, skate better and also execute at a higher tempo!

Plekanec is a better playmaker, better vision, find open space easier on the ice, do all the little things for the better of the team, very reliable 2-way foward, extremmely smart with and without the puck while Svitov is more flashy, bigger, hit sometime very hard along the board, does have some great deke, good shot...

As I said, actually Svitov does have some major flaws in his game that will hurt him at the NHL level, still raw and need to improve highly in the goal to be an effective player in the NHL... On the other side, the only thing miss Plekanec at the moment is some NHL experience, he is ready to play his game at the top level and believe me, he is going to be a very effective NHLer!

Edit.. AHL stats...

Plekanec 12 goals 21 assists 33 points in 42 games played, 0.79 points per game, ""+16""

Svitov 9 goals 9 assists 18 points in 30 games played, 0.60 pts per game, ""+5""

I am sorry to break it to ya, but Svitov is much better than Plekanec. You can see it when you watch the game.

Team_Spirit 01-29-2004 11:24 PM

When the trade happened Svitov was with the big team so it's not like Svitov just leaved Hamilton . Nothing to do with Milroy sucess imo because it was better for him when he was here , he had the chance to play with a good center .

Higgins , Svitov( half-time) , Plekanec ... And Gratton at the start of the year .

Commish 2020 01-30-2004 01:12 AM

Plekanec might have more finesse & be a better stick handler - but Svitov size, speed, skill & meaness give him a HUGE advantage as to his upper potential. I love Plekanec --- but if Svitov gets his head together & on the right course his potential is a "Radek Bonk" if not a " Robert Dome".

I hope Tomas Plekanec can become the next "Steve Sullivan". - lets hope !!!