HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Who would the Sens be able to offer in a trade... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=47877)

Calorissi 01-29-2004 07:06 PM

Who would the Sens be able to offer in a trade...
 
without lowering their chances at a Stanley Cup Run?

I have posted this on the Sens board, but have not had many responses. I think it would also be interesting to find out an outsiders views (no homerism).
---------------------------------------------------------------------
We have all seen many posts which say the Sens should go after Player X and then get Player Y, then we can make a serious run.

My question is who or what do they have to offer to potential trading partners?

Draft Picks 1, 2, etc.
Peter Schastlivy?
Radek Bonk?

My point is that with Varada, Volchenkov, and Fisher injured and our minor league team without stars (other than Emery), what is left to offer that the Sens would be willing to give up without lowering their chances at a Stanley Cup this year?

ginner classic 01-29-2004 07:09 PM

It has never bee a popular suggestion among Sens fans but the guy that would net them the best return and hurt their team thelaset in a trade is Martin Havlat. They would be able tog et Bredan Morrow and more for him and Morrow is exactly the guy the Sens need.

Ajacied 01-29-2004 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginner
It has never bee a popular suggestion among Sens fans but the guy that would net them the best return and hurt their team thelaset in a trade is Martin Havlat. They would be able tog et Bredan Morrow and more for him and Morrow is exactly the guy the Sens need.

No, really, you wouldn't..

sensfan18 01-29-2004 07:11 PM

Bonk won't be moved.

Draft picks--any round really
Prospects--We have decent ones in Kaigordov (sp?), Eaves, Mirinov, Laich, ect...
Lalime (packaged to get a goalie)
Shastlivy
Pothier

I'd prefer that if Muck decides to move prospects he only moves one and hopefully it is only Laich. I really don't think that Muck will mortgage the future for right now because this team is very good as is, so he won't trade all the prospects away.

Ps. Would the caps have any interest in Lalime as part of a package to Kolzig. He is cheaper if they want to unload salar. Let's start the Bondra and Kolzig to Ottawa rumours now, that way Bruce Garrioch will be able to quote us as "league sorces" and print them as early as tomorrow.

Peter Griffin 01-29-2004 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensfan18
Let's start the Bondra and Kolzig to Ottawa rumours now, that way Bruce Garrioch will be able to quote us as "league sorces" and print them as early as tomorrow.

:joker:

He probably would!

But seriously, Kolzig is owed over $6 mil for next season, can the Sens afford that?

Transplanted Caper 01-29-2004 08:06 PM

Well, Id say that the players who's loss would hurt the least are the ones who are the most likely to be traded are Vermette, Schastlivey and Hnidy. Id would say that a package with two of these players or one and a draft pick will likely be used as trade bait.

The Lehner 01-29-2004 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God
No, really, you wouldn't..


Yes, you would.

Poignant Discussion 01-29-2004 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havlat9
Yes, you would.

No you wouldn't

Peter Griffin 01-29-2004 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havlat9
Yes, you would.

I have to agree with M=G on this one. Although Havlat is the better talent and likely worth more on the trade market, dealing Brenden Morrow or Morrow + for Havlat isn't really a smart move for the Stars. Morrow is everything the Stars aren't, which, is a good thing. He's tough, gritty, physical, plays with heart and desire and puts up decent offensive numbers(40-50 points with an upside of around 60). He's also a solid leader at a young age. In short, he's worth more to the Stars then he is on the trade market, not taking anything away from his trade value though. He's very much like Matt Cooke in Vancouver, except on a higher level. If the Stars want to accomplish anything, they need more players like Morrow not less. Looking at the Stars line-up, talent is obviously not the issue.

sensfan18 01-29-2004 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo2003
Well, Id say that the players who's loss would hurt the least are the ones who are the most likely to be traded are Vermette, Schastlivey and Hnidy. Id would say that a package with two of these players or one and a draft pick will likely be used as trade bait.

I really don't think Vermette will be dealt, Muck just told him to quit staying in hotels and get comfortable in the city. I really don't think this just means he is here instead of bingo, the kid is here for the long-haul and is our only good young LWer making him unlikely to be dealt.

ginner classic 01-29-2004 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
I have to agree with M=G on this one. Although Havlat is the better talent and likely worth more on the trade market, dealing Brenden Morrow or Morrow + for Havlat isn't really a smart move for the Stars. Morrow is everything the Stars aren't, which, is a good thing. He's tough, gritty, physical, plays with heart and desire and puts up decent offensive numbers(40-50 points with an upside of around 60). He's also a solid leader at a young age. In short, he's worth more to the Stars then he is on the trade market, not taking anything away from his trade value though. He's very much like Matt Cooke in Vancouver, except on a higher level. If the Stars want to accomplish anything, they need more players like Morrow not less. Looking at the Stars line-up, talent is obviously not the issue.

They have quite a few gritty PF types in their lineup, some which they will never be able to trade and some they don't want to. If anything I think the Stars lack shifty creative scoring abilities and they lack youth. I still think it would work well for both clubs.

Burke's Evil Spirit 01-29-2004 09:21 PM

I'd package Rachunek, their 1st, and a prospect or something in a bid to land a star-calibre, veteran defenceman.

Whose name is Sergei Zubov.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.