HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ideal trades before the deadline (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=47883)

habitants9_4 01-29-2004 06:26 PM

Ideal trades before the deadline

What are some acquisitions that you would like to see Montreal making before the final stretch.

Perreault for Gauthier
Milroy and Hossa for O'Neill
Rivet and Kilger for Barnaby and 3rd

Ryder Koivu O'Neil
Zednik Ribeiro Balej
Bulis Juneau Dackell
Barnaby Begin Ward

Souray Briesbois
Markov Quintal
Gauthier Komisarek

Theodore
Garon

What do you guys want to happen?

VAN-HAB 01-29-2004 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
What are some acquisitions that you would like to see Montreal making before the final stretch.

Perreault for Gauthier
Rivet and Kilger for Barnaby and 3rd

Ryder Koivu O'Neil
Zednik Ribeiro Balej
Bulis Juneau Dackell
Barnaby Begin Ward

Souray Briesbois
Markov Quintal
Gauthier Komisarek

Theodore
Garon

What do you guys want to happen?

WE HAVE BEEN DISCUSSED THIS BEFORE, PERREAULT WON'T DO IT FOR GAUTHIER!

GhostOfTheForum 01-29-2004 06:45 PM

much as I'd like to see Gauthier in Montreal and Perrault gone before the trade deadline, I really think it'll cost us more than Perrault especially since he is an UFA and basically a rent a dude unless Calgary can get a commitment from Perrault that he'll sign next year.

Let's look at Gauthier, he does bring grit to each game and is still young in terms of defencemen. IMO though, Komi and possible hainsey will give us size and grit when they are more comfortable with their defensive play. I think komi would be more aggresive if he wasn't still unsure of being caught out of play and looking bad.
AND Souray isn't a push over either.

With Calgary in the play-off hunt themselves I can't see this deal, Perrault for picks maybe.

Now if we could move Perrault in some sort of trade for O'Neil without giving up much else. I still think it is too early to give up on Hossa. It's alot of pressure being the brother of Marion Hossa. patience might be best here. Milroy too might be worth keeping.

Barnaby? always hated him, especially the faces he made never liked him or kaspiritis or Ulf Samuelson always thought they were dirty players can you pick someone else

basically, I just hate to see us trade away any of our young guns yet. maybe cause I have seen it too much in the last 10 years at least. IMO the fans put up with too many bad years to see the fruits of those bad years (good draft picks) go away.

anyone still awake?

gohabsgo2010 01-29-2004 06:45 PM

Remember Bill Lindsay? I expect that type of pickup, similiar to our waiver wire deals, perhaps a little bit more high profile.

Ideally, the Kings would gain some health and we could coax them into sending us Ian Laperierre, or if we were looking a little bit bigger would could try and grab a guy like Pascal Dupuis, although he would be more expensive. Mike Leclerc is also a possibility, though would be the most expensive.

I see Laperriere as a versatile guy. He could play with nearly anyone in the bottom six, from Juneau and Sundstrom to Begin and Ward. Dupuis is a guy who could slide onto Ribeiro's line and would let us have Zednik resume duties on the top line, and then there is Leclerc; a big guy who would fit perfectly alongside Koivu and Ryder, and would give a very nice second line with Ribeiro centering Zednik and Bulis.

Dupuis and Leclerc would be much more high profile moves, something I doubt we'd see from Bob.

Darz 01-29-2004 07:01 PM

Quote:

Perreault for Gauthier

I would assume if Calgary had any interest in this trade it would of happen by now. Can't see it happen for many reasons.

Quote:

I doubt Carolina would even return the habs call if that was the offer. We would need to be offering alot more than that to peak the Hurricanes interest. If O'Neill is traded Carolina will be recieving a much better package than that.

GhostOfTheForum 01-29-2004 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Remember Bill Lindsay? I expect that type of pickup, similiar to our waiver wire deals, perhaps a little bit more high profile. Ideally, the Kings would gain some health and would could coax them into sending us Ian Laperierre, or if we were looking a little bit bigger would could try and grab a guy like Pascal Dupuis, although he would be more expensive.

I agree I can't really see a blockbuster trade coming this way this year. Perhaps if the CBA gets settled we might see some off season UFA pick-ups and a few Habs saying good-bye Perrault, Quintal (retiring?), Juneau to name a few

What we need is the All Star break to heal up some guys

tinyzombies 01-29-2004 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostOfTheForum
I agree I can't really see a blockbuster trade coming this way this year. Perhaps if the CBA gets settled we might see some off season UFA pick-ups and a few Habs saying good-bye Perrault, Quintal (retiring?), Juneau to name a few

What we need is the All Star break to heal up some guys

We need the space to audition our kids. Once the Dagenais experiment is over, we'll need that spot for Balej, Hossa, Higgins, Plekanec, etc.

I expect we'll get draft picks and nothing more. We don't need to pick up any 3rd or 4th line players anyway.

Blackshad 01-29-2004 07:16 PM

I know that barnaby is an ******* but i like him alot.
He is a good fighter and he is a good hockey player for an enforcer.
... and he is funny too lol!

Mathletic 01-29-2004 10:13 PM

when is the trade deadline ?

gohabsgo2010 01-29-2004 10:22 PM

March 9th, 2004.

It should be a National Holiday, but, instead I'm going to have to make it one. :D

The only day better than Christmas (or Hannukah, for Brisebois).

Mathletic 01-29-2004 10:25 PM

Quote:

March 9th, 2004.

It should be a National Holiday, but, instead I'm going to have to make it one. :D

The only day better than Christmas (or Hannukah, for Brisebois).

damn, would it be possible to change it for saturday or sunday ... it's pretty much the most exciting day of the regular season

gohabsgo2010 01-29-2004 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
damn, would it be possible to change it for saturday or sunday ... it's pretty much the most exciting day of the regular season

It's on a Tuesday this year, so you'll need to wait four years I guess. Unless you decide to take up a cold or extend your weekend, both of which are doctor recommended in this case. :D

Mathletic 01-29-2004 10:31 PM

Quote:

It's on a Tuesday this year, so you'll need to wait four years I guess. Unless you decide to take up a cold or extend your weekend, both of which are doctor recommended in this case. :D

is it always on march 9th ?

GhostOfTheForum 01-30-2004 12:00 AM

trade proposal

Perrault to the CBC
Don Cherry to the Habs

alot of players and fans would like to see him on the ice with no helmet or visor

:joker: