HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Scott Barney! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=47974)

Capn Brown 01-30-2004 12:05 AM

Scott Barney!
 
:yo:


You've gotta believe that when AM, DT & Boudreau get together and discuss which kids in Manchester can be brought up to effectively "fill holes" created by injuries that Scott Barney is EXCALTY what they have in mind. Eight games, two goals, three assists, +7, and zero penalties!


Again, :yo:



Can you imagine if Kelly or Smithson or whoever were brought up and played as consistently well as Barney? I LOVE OUR PLAYER DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM!!! :bow:

Old Hickory 01-30-2004 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Daleks
:yo:


You've gotta believe that when AM, DT & Boudreau get together and discuss which kids in Manchester can be brought up to effectively "fill holes" created by injuries that Scott Barney is EXCALTY what they have in mind. Eight games, two goals, three assists, +7, and zero penalties!


Again, :yo:



Can you imagine if Kelly or Smithson or whoever were brought up and played as consistently well as Barney? I LOVE OUR PLAYER DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM!!! :bow:

Smithson is consistent. He's just never going to be a goal scorer. I do not think highly of Steve Kelly.

Barney has been a pleasant surprise. He had a few more chances to score goals last night. He is getting better every game.

David A. Rainer 01-30-2004 12:27 AM

Remember, Scott Barney was the Kings' #1 prospect before his injury. The organization was so high on him and they thought he'd develop into a Keith Primeau. Then the back injury just struck him down. But when he came back from the injury and it becamse apparent that his back was fine, it was only a matter of time before he regained him form. Last year was wash because he was still trying to get into playing shape after being out for 3 years. This year, he's finally back in shape and playing his style of game and the results are showing. It's not so much a surprise that he's playing this well, as it is a surprise that he made it back from his injury to begin with. But once the problems were gone, he was right back to being the top power forward prospect he always was. And next season he'll be that much better!

guzmania 01-30-2004 12:30 AM

Charlie Simmer reborn. He showed up and the play moved to the center of the ice. Keep going to the nets boys. GKG! Diving on frozen water, Bah!

KingPurpleDinosaur 01-30-2004 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
Remember, Scott Barney was the Kings' #1 prospect before his injury. The organization was so high on him and they thought he'd develop into a Keith Primeau. Then the back injury just struck him down. But when he came back from the injury and it becamse apparent that his back was fine, it was only a matter of time before he regained him form. Last year was wash because he was still trying to get into playing shape after being out for 3 years. This year, he's finally back in shape and playing his style of game and the results are showing. It's not so much a surprise that he's playing this well, as it is a surprise that he made it back from his injury to begin with. But once the problems were gone, he was right back to being the top power forward prospect he always was. And next season he'll be that much better!


was he really that highly thought of? i ddn't keep track of prospects back then, but dang, im just glad he's back. do u know if he's completley 100% or is he still suffering from back pains?

David A. Rainer 01-30-2004 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
was he really that highly thought of? i ddn't keep track of prospects back then, but dang, im just glad he's back. do u know if he's completley 100% or is he still suffering from back pains?

Go to the Kings homepage here at HF and go to the archived articles. There are a bunch of article by TC espousing the virtues of Barney both before and during the injury. You also have to remember that the Kings farm system was non-existent prior to DT so saying Barney was #1 is not saying that much.

I don't think he's 100% yet. He states in his interview with HF that there are still some exercies and stretches that he can't do and others he's slowly getting back.

Each year his back gets better and each year his game with improve.

Capn Brown 01-30-2004 05:24 AM

He's Our Secret Weapon!!! Yay!!!

GKJ 01-30-2004 01:38 PM

Does anyone know if #62 is his real number, or is that just what they gave him because they thought he wouldn't be around long?


I think he's with the team for good if he gets his number changed to like 10 or 21.



It doesn't really matter though, as long as he's producing.

guzmania 01-30-2004 03:05 PM

Give him #4. Never retire it as Blake's. Has he done what Borque did for Boston? No. So hand it out. What a twit.

punchy1 01-30-2004 04:46 PM

7 points 3goals 4assists in 9 games averaging 12 mins a game and is +5.

Barney is off to a start that should be garnering the same amount of attention that Zherdev is getting. Right proud of him and his hard work. Pisser.

Brock 01-30-2004 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
was he really that highly thought of? i ddn't keep track of prospects back then, but dang, im just glad he's back. do u know if he's completley 100% or is he still suffering from back pains?

Scott Barney was a top 50 prospect back then, yes. Big, physical centerman with good hands and he was garnerning an excessive amount of hype.

I've always been a fan, and I'm very very glad that he's doing awesome so far. Hopefully his play now secures him a spot for the rest of the season and beyond.

David A. Rainer 01-30-2004 09:19 PM

Something else I stumbled across while reading the archived articles - Barney was expected to be a top 10 pick in his draft year. He fell hard because he did not meet expectations the season before the draft while playing in the OHL. But, as it turns out, that was the season when his back injuries first started coming on. If he could overcome the problems, he could be right back to being the top 10 pick he was supposed to be.

LuckyLUC20 01-30-2004 09:50 PM

He's just an inspiring story. I am so happy for him. He's what hockey and any other sport should be about. Being greatful for the opportunity to play the sport he loves. Just to see him out there having fun and doing something he didn't think he could ever do again is just awesome. Go Barney!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.