HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The official "Someone is going to teach Tootoo a lesson" thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=48139)

triggrman 01-30-2004 05:16 PM

The official "Someone is going to teach Tootoo a lesson" thread

Here for all you whinning fans that think Tootoo is going to get beat up badly one of these days or he's going to "get what's comming to him", here you go a thread all on your own.

So here Wings fans, CBJ fans, Calgary fans, here's a thread were you can tell us player x is going to beat him up next time. Meanwhile, he's yet to lose a fight.

jstreet 01-30-2004 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Meanwhile, he's yet to lose a fight.

the kid wrangles whales for crying out loud, he isnt going to lose any fights, and if he does- it isnt going to be a big deal.

crossxcheck 01-30-2004 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars
the kid wrangles whales for crying out loud, he isnt going to lose any fights, and if he does- it isnt going to be a big deal.

I've seen him put blood on the ice more than once this season and have yet to see anyone best him. Keep saying he'll get beat up, but in the end he's going to draw penalties and throw teams off their game.

triggrman 01-30-2004 06:18 PM

One of these days though. Tootoo's going to be 35 years old and fans will still say "one of these days".

hillbilly 01-30-2004 06:29 PM

He will lose a fight, but do you think that will even remotely change the way he plays.

triggrman 01-30-2004 06:31 PM

No, I'd put money on that. I'm sure he's lost a few and will lose more, but knowone is teaching him a lesson.

General Jacket70 01-30-2004 06:52 PM

Win or Lose, I think he's a good talent that can finish checks like few others and one of the better stories in the NHL.

People from other teams are upset because he does not play for them. I wish he played for Columbus. . . .

By the way, when is Johnson going to give up number 22 for Tootoo. Then I'll by a Preds jersey!

triggrman 01-30-2004 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Jacket70
Win or Lose, I think he's a good talent that can finish checks like few others and one of the better stories in the NHL.

People from other teams are upset because he does not play for them. I wish he played for Columbus. . . .

By the way, when is Johnson going to give up number 22 for Tootoo. Then I'll by a Preds jersey!

Funny, my brother hates Johnson now because he won't give up his number for Tootoo.

Pattypred 01-30-2004 10:41 PM

Tootoo WOULD NEVER ask Johnson to give up #22. Tootoo respects the game and the veteran players too much to ask that.

Johnson has been in the league a lot longer. Jordin will get his chance.

I personally like his #55 because if you look at 55 upside down in a mirror - you see 22 reflected back. It's like there are two of them playing. :)

WuRtZLeSs 01-31-2004 02:28 AM

How often do you find yourself looking at the game upside down and into a mirror? :joker:

As for Tootoo ..

Wright tastes like chicken: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=70254

Olaf 01-31-2004 02:59 AM

Ya know, I don't mind all the Tootoo bashing. In fact I welcome it, the guy should be the type to get under the skin of opposing players and fans. But some of the misinformation about some of his fights floating around is really what gets to me. One guy on the Tootoo thread in the main board claims Toots used his visor against Ignila....when the opposite was the actual case from the video I have saved on my computer. And to jump him because Wright claims he bit his pinky finger......give me a break. Was it broken or bleeding? Keep on keepin on Toots..

MeN_Ace2 01-31-2004 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olaf
Ya know, I don't mind all the Tootoo bashing. In fact I welcome it, the guy should be the type to get under the skin of opposing players and fans. But some of the misinformation about some of his fights floating around is really what gets to me. One guy on the Tootoo thread in the main board claims Toots used his visor against Ignila....when the opposite was the actual case from the video I have saved on my computer. And to jump him because Wright claims he bit his pinky finger......give me a break. Was it broken or bleeding? Keep on keepin on Toots..

Even thought I think its past the point...

"Columbus forward Tyler Wright accused Predators spark plug Tootoo of biting his hand after the two scuffled along the boards five minutes into the third period. Wright showed off marks on the tip of his right pinky where he says Tootoo bit him. "

...and this is about respect. You don't bite other players!? Just like you dont bite other boxers (Tyson)... if Tootoo cant handle his aggression someone needs to let him no it's not right and in the good of the game. No matter how exciting a player he might be, there should be no excuses made for BITING?! :dunno:

triggrman 01-31-2004 11:14 AM

Actually Tootoo was on TV last night said he didn't do it, tapes didn't show Tootoo doing it, Wright is just imagining things, Tootoo did say Wright would answer for this though.

SmokeyClause 01-31-2004 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Actually Tootoo was on TV last night said he didn't do it, tapes didn't show Tootoo doing it, Wright is just imagining things, Tootoo did say Wright would answer for this though.

I'm hijacking this thread. It should read, someone is going to teach Wright a lesson. I think he just pissed off the wrong Inuit. Poile's comments...''The league talked to the Columbus people, the game officials and to us. They concluded that there was no proof to the allegations, so that was the end of it."

And Tootoo said...''I absolutely did not. I don't know where he gets that from. I'm a pretty straight-up guy, so if he wants to start something up, I'm not afraid to drop the gloves and get things squared away. He likes to talk a lot. But if he wants to talk the talk, he better be ready to walk the walk. I'll definitely remember what he said. Players don't forget those things easily. We've still got some games left with them and I'll have that in the back of my mind."

Just going to go out on a limb and say Wright's going to get the short end of the stick in this confrontation 9 out of 10 times. He better be praying for #10.

SmokeyClause 01-31-2004 02:57 PM

Oh yeah, and I'm going to the next Columbus game on the 16th.

Teemu 01-31-2004 03:09 PM

i wont consider life complete until i see a bout between ruutu and tootoo.

RWS 01-31-2004 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teemu08

Maybe we can have a Cheechoo Tootoo fight tonight.

SmokeyClause 01-31-2004 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teemu08

That would be awesome. I'd love to see them both reliving the WJC's.

jstreet 01-31-2004 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Oh yeah, and I'm going to the next Columbus game on the 16th.

about how much would a trip like that cost a fella? Ive never been to another arena.

SmokeyClause 01-31-2004 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars
about how much would a trip like that cost a fella? Ive never been to another arena.

Not a whole lot. Tix are around 50...I guess (you'd have to ask Volzok). Hopefully my room and board is free (thanks to Volzok). After that, you have to factor in 30 dollars a day in food/gas and your good. My trip is a 4 games in 4 nights (3 Cincinnati Ducks games [one against Milwaukee] and one Columbus game.

It's not cheap, but Columbus is only 7 hours away or so. My base is going to be in Cincinnati, which is only 5 away. So it's easier.

Bamababe 02-03-2004 03:35 PM

Smokeyclause:

Have you cleared your trip with your professors? Love, Mom

SmokeyClause 02-03-2004 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamababe
Smokeyclause:

Have you cleared your trip with your professors? Love, Mom

Hey Old Lady ;)

Yup, there as cool as they need to be. Besides, hockey...school....hockey....school.. I've made my bed; there's no books in it.

volzok 02-03-2004 10:56 PM

Hockey and football take precedence over school for me. You cant beat 4 games in 4 nights, even if you have school, which we dont.

SCALE
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
Hockey :handclap: :yo: :handclap: :yo: :D

hahaha sorry Bamababe, I see we play the Titans next yr in Nashville, Ill try to make it up to you when I come down for that game. Hopefully it will be at the end of the season with both teams fighting for home field. Hey I can dream!

Bamababe 02-04-2004 09:58 AM

Volzok, I will hold you to that. Hey, you don't even have to wait until Titan's season to come down and visit. You are welcome any time!!! Besides I owe you a better dinner.

SmokeyClause 02-04-2004 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamababe
Besides I owe you a better dinner.

Costco hotdogs are better than any meal you get at some place like Friday's ;)