HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Eklund: Bruins have sights set on Suter or Liles (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=481752)

Bill Ladd 02-21-2008 02:32 PM

Eklund: Bruins have sights set on Suter or Liles

<<Insert gratuitous, faceitous Eklund remark>> and...

Quote:

Boston: Silent until today on the rumour front, Hossa makes a ton of sense. They also need a d-man and have sights set on Liles or Suter out of Nashville.
Hossa & Liles are the players I've been pining for all year. Suter would be sweet, but I'd imagine it would take Kessel to get Suter, so I'm not sure how that would affect the Hossa deal, if at all.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows 02-21-2008 02:34 PM

SUTER! SUTER! SUTER!

That's the only way I'd be ok with trading Mark Stuart...getting a guy like Ryan Suter.

8thRoundPick 02-21-2008 02:36 PM

Suter for Ward, Schaefer and a 1st round pick 09? :naughty:

Mike Yeos Eyebrows 02-21-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergy4ever (Post 12641303)
Suter for Ward, Schaefer and a 1st round pick 09? :naughty:

Highway robbery... make it happen!

13Hockey 02-21-2008 02:39 PM

Maybe 2 deals

Kessel For Suter

Murray,Hamil, Lashoff, 1st, 2nd For Hossa signed for 5 years

Playoff Stretch Lines

Axelsson-Savard-Hossa
Sturm-Krejci-Kobasew
Lucic-Metropolit-Nokelinne
Reich-Sobotka-Thornton

Chara-Wideman
Suter-Stuart
Ference-Ward

primetime 02-21-2008 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sturminated (Post 12641321)
Highway robbery... make it happen!

Jeez, do that and a Hossa trade and suddenly this team looks unreal heading into next year, and even free agency with money to spare.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows 02-21-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcoSturm16 (Post 12641375)
Axelsson-Savard-Hossa
Sturm-Krejci-Kobasew
Lucic-Metropolit-Nokelinne
Reich-Sobotka-Thornton

Chara-Wideman
Suter-Stuart
Ference-Ward

Talk about being "tougher to play against"

Chiarelli wins the GM of the Year award if he can pull off both those deals.

Bruins420 02-21-2008 02:41 PM

I would love for this to happen but why would nashville trade suter and what do they need that we have on our team?

TwineTickler 02-21-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlayMaker (Post 12641239)
<<Insert gratuitous, faceitous Eklund remark>> and...

Hossa & Liles are the players I've been pining for all year. Suter would be sweet, but I'd imagine it would take Kessel to get Suter, so I'm not sure how that would affect the Hossa deal, if at all.

Granted the guy is generally full of ****... but I really really wanna believe him on this one. Especially Suter... I like Liles, but Suter would be absolutely huge. I really don't think it'll take Kessel to get it done either. Gonna be an interesting next week.

Kaoz 02-21-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwineTickler (Post 12641428)
Granted the guy is full of ****... but I really really wanna believe him on this one. Especially Suter... I like Liles, but Suter would be absolutely huge. I really don't think it'll take Kessel to get it done either. Gonna be an interesting next week.

and possibly very very disappointing for some.

BoyntBergie 02-21-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins420 (Post 12641410)
I would love for this to happen but why would nashville trade suter and what do they need that we have on our team?

I believe Suter is an RFA this summer, but not sure why they just wouldn't resign him. Would seem an unlikely candidate to be moved from where I am too.

TwineTickler 02-21-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoz (Post 12641466)

Is the some you are referring to me, because you believe there is no way in hell Suter is coming here? I take some offense to that because I believe you intended that to come in a snide manner. I would expect better than that from you Kaoz. A man can dream, and being that I'm a man, I am apparently well with in my rights to dream about acquiring Suter.;)

Mike Yeos Eyebrows 02-21-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoyntBergie (Post 12641473)
I believe Suter is an RFA this summer, but not sure why they just wouldn't resign him. Would seem an unlikely candidate to be moved from where I am too.

Probably hinges on how much Shea Weber wants. Nashville's budget is pretty tight. I love Suter, but Weber is a guy you build your team around. Suter is more of that prototypical #2-#3 defenseman.

FutureConsiderations 02-21-2008 02:51 PM

Suter over Weber? Interesting. Not my choice, but interesting.

I like Liles a lot, though.

Bill Ladd 02-21-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoz (Post 12641466)

You got that right. Two weeks ago, I said I'd be OK if PC did nothing. But now, I'd be awfully disapointed if he didn't make at least one big move (and I'd consider adding Liles a big move).

TwineTickler 02-21-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sturminated (Post 12641498)
Probably hinges on how much Shea Weber wants. Nashville's budget is pretty tight. I love Suter, but Weber is a guy you build your team around. Suter is more of that prototypical #2-#3 defenseman.

Isn't that what we've been pining for over the last 6 months plus? A legitimate number 2? Bringing him on board would be huge.... and I don't think its out of the realm of possibility for him to be a capable number 1 in a year or two. I'm getting worked up about nothing, however... Eklund predicting something is a curse if there ever was one.

beaverjc 02-21-2008 02:53 PM

Something about tossing excrement against a wall and seeing what sticks....toss out tons of trade options and maybe one hits..

TwineTickler 02-21-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlayMaker (Post 12641605)
You got that right. Two weeks ago, I said I'd be OK if PC did nothing. But now, I'd be awfully disapointed if he didn't make at least one big move (and I'd consider adding Liles a big move).

I'm in the same boat PM.... but for the right price and for the right player. I can certainly see scenarios of a big move being made, and me being upset it was made.

Bruins4Ever 02-21-2008 02:54 PM

That would be pretty awesome. I'd say the chance of this happening is slim to none, but that would be unbelievable.

Greek_physique 02-21-2008 03:02 PM

We should make Eklund a sticky at the top of th:biglaugh:e page!

Bill Ladd 02-21-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruins420 (Post 12641410)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoyntBergie (Post 12641473)

I think it's just a case of dealing from strength to address a need. Nashville is LOADED with young stud dmen (D. Hamhuis, S. Weber, V. Koistinen, R. Suter, K. Klein, not to mention Zidlicky who's not young but is still important), and has been interested in adding some top6 talent to their lineup all year.

Waltah* 02-21-2008 03:03 PM

im really sick of seeing eklund posts. this guy knows jack ****.

waste of server space.

Bruin_Ron 02-21-2008 03:05 PM

I could see a Ward for Liles trade... with an immediate announcement of a 3-year extension for Liles.

- Ron

TJF 02-21-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waltah 81 (Post 12641818)
im really sick of seeing eklund posts. this guy knows jack ****.

waste of server space.

Exactly, he jumped all over a rumor PJ Stock made up today, this guy has zero credibility.

Eklund is the National Enquirer of hockey.

Kaoz 02-21-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwineTickler (Post 12641497)
Is the some you are referring to me, because you believe there is no way in hell Suter is coming here? I take some offense to that because I believe you intended that to come in a snide manner. I would expect better than that from you Kaoz. A man can dream, and being that I'm a man, I am apparently well with in my rights to dream about acquiring Suter.;)

:biglaugh: no not you in particular TT, just a realistic statement. I would actually include myself in this, as I'm all hyped up for (T)Dday now as well .

Honestly, if we land Hossa I'll be sufficiently ecstatic. If we landed Hossa and Suter I'd probably wish I were wearing depends.

Suter I think is a pipe dream, if I'm Nashville I don't give him up. How that team can be so damn good paying out so little money is impressive and a real testament to their coaching, young kids, and especially that defensive core. I don't know what it would take to get Suter, but I assume it would be more then we could afford.... all those RFA's though, you never know with the way Nashville is headed.

Right now, I expect a puck moving dman who has potential but is yet to meet it (Liles fits the mold perfectly) a la Wideman. Suter just seems like too much of a polished product, and it's been a while since we were that lucky.

Being the pessimist I can be, I have a feeling I may even be disappointed with that expectation. Chia seems like he has a good handle on this teams needs and where we're at in our development, and honestly it wouldn't be a stretch to see him make at most a minor move (think Schaefer or Ward for someone of equal value that addresses a need). With so many teams in the buy now market, the price may be too steep to make a significant move without hurting the future, and I can see Chia saying no to that.