HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Dvorak (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=48206)

rabi_sultan 01-30-2004 08:40 PM

Dvorak
 
he really has been snake bitten this year

Code:


1995-96 FLOR, NHL 77 13 14 27 126 10.32
1996-97 FLOR, NHL 78 18 21 39 139 12.95
1997-98 FLOR, NHL 64 12 24 36 112 10.71
1998-99 FLOR, NHL 82 19 24 43 182 10.44
1999-00 FLOR, NHL 35  7 10 17  67 10.45
1999-00 NYRA, NHL 46 11 22 33  90 12.22
2000-01 NYRA, NHL 82 31 36 67 230 13.48
2001-02 NYRA, NHL 65 17 20 37 210  8.1
2002-03 NYRA, NHL 63  6 21 27 134 4.48
2002-03 EDMO, NHL 12  4  4  8  32 12.5
2003-04 EDMO, NHL 52 10 22 32 130 7.69

so that if his history is anything to go by he has been on a down since that knee injury that took place. But you could argue that it does normally take two years to recover fully, then it normally takes a year to settle at your new club. I would think that over a full season of 82 games next season that Dvorak should be good for a 11% shooting accuracy delivering at least something like 190 shots which mean he'll just about make 20 goals. He needs to return to that 2000 form where he took over 200 shots to get to 30 goals and at least a percentage better accuracy and with his hard work and commitment he should make it.

edit: fixed table alignment

Hemsky4PM 01-30-2004 09:26 PM

Seems to me he's on pace for an average goal scoring year, but his 2nd highest point production of his career. Not too bad. I think he's a perfect 2nd line winger.

Mr Sakich 01-30-2004 09:49 PM

I am not sure how to accurately say if a guy is a legit first liner or not but here is the numbers. Radek is 57th in forward scoring. That means each team has one forward who is scoring more than him. As well, 27 teams have a second player that is outscoring him. On two teams, he would be the second best forward.

His stats are severely hindered by the oiler's poor powerplay. There are only 2 forwards in the nhl who have more points that Radek and less pp points. If we had a pp, then he would certainly be a lot higher on that list. At the very least, an average 1st liner (he only needs two more points to be 45th in forward scoring which is the average 1st liner in a 30 team league)

HellsBells 01-30-2004 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
he really has been snake bitten this year

Code:


1995-96 FLOR, NHL 77 13 14 27 126 10.32
1996-97 FLOR, NHL 78 18 21 39 139 12.95
1997-98 FLOR, NHL 64 12 24 36 112 10.71
1998-99 FLOR, NHL 82 19 24 43 182 10.44
1999-00 FLOR, NHL 35  7 10 17  67 10.45
1999-00 NYRA, NHL 46 11 22 33  90 12.22
2000-01 NYRA, NHL 82 31 36 67 230 13.48
2001-02 NYRA, NHL 65 17 20 37 210  8.1
2002-03 NYRA, NHL 63  6 21 27 134 4.48
2002-03 EDMO, NHL 12  4  4  8  32 12.5
2003-04 EDMO, NHL 52 10 22 32 130 7.69

so that if his history is anything to go by he has been on a down since that knee injury that took place. But you could argue that it does normally take two years to recover fully, then it normally takes a year to settle at your new club. I would think that over a full season of 82 games next season that Dvorak should be good for a 11% shooting accuracy delivering at least something like 190 shots which mean he'll just about make 20 goals. He needs to return to that 2000 form where he took over 200 shots to get to 30 goals and at least a percentage better accuracy and with his hard work and commitment he should make it.

edit: fixed table alignment

He's not snake-bitten, he's just not very good to be honest.

The Rage 01-30-2004 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfield
He's not snake-bitten, he's just not very good to be honest.

Um...Rabi had some facts to back up his opinion. What do you have?

dawgbone 01-30-2004 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rage
Um...Rabi had some facts to back up his opinion. What do you have?

His cranial cavity shoved up his anal one...

The Rage 01-30-2004 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgbone
His cranial cavity shoved up his anal one...

Tight fit.

HellsBells 01-30-2004 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgbone
His cranial cavity shoved up his anal one...

Typical Oilers fans. Just because someone thinks Dvorak is not that good, he gets insulted. The poster said that he is snake-bitten and I said that no he just is not that good. Does this guy think Dvorak is a 40-40 player or something ???

The Rage 01-30-2004 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfield
Typical Oilers fans. Just because someone thinks Dvorak is not that good, he gets insulted. The poster said that he is snake-bitten and I said that no he just is not that good. Does this guy think Dvorak is a 40-40 player or something ???

No, but he backed up his point with facts. Then you came here without any evidence, or even analysis, and said "that's not true." If you don't undertsand why that annoys people, then even the Almighty can not help you.

HellsBells 01-30-2004 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rage
Tight fit.

Da poor Oilers fans all alone with no playoffs this year. And I still can hear them saying "Oh well, we have more talent". :joker: :joker: :joker:

Yeah, that talent is so good, it'll get you 12th or 13th spot in the West.

Oiltalk 01-30-2004 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfield
Da poor Oilers fans all alone with no playoffs this year. And I still can hear them saying "Oh well, we have more talent". :joker: :joker: :joker:

Yeah, that talent is so good, it'll get you 12th or 13th spot in the West.

With the Flames playing on par with the Oilers as of late I think you should reserve your comments until things are finalized. Both teams may miss the playoffs.

HellsBells 01-30-2004 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rage
No, but he backed up his point with facts. Then you came here without any evidence, or even analysis, and said "that's not true." If you don't undertsand why that annoys people, then even the Almighty can not help you.

Okay. No, Dvorak is not snake-bitten because he is not any better than the season he is having. If that's not reason enough to disagree than you guys are way too sensitive.

So responding to me with insults makes it all better ???

HellsBells 01-30-2004 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oiltalk
With the Flames playing on par with the Oilers as of late I think you should reserve your comments until things are finalized. Both teams may miss the playoffs.

Maybe, but we'll finish higher in the standings which is all I need to collect $400 in bets from my friends. :handclap: :handclap:

I knew this was the year the Flames would be better, many Flames fans have said this before but this year you can just tell the Flames are a better team.

Oiltalk 01-30-2004 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfield
Maybe, but we'll finish higher in the standings which is all I need to collect $400 in bets from my friends. :handclap: :handclap:

I knew this was the year the Flames would be better, many Flames fans have said this before but this year you can just tell the Flames are a better team.

Time will tell :)

USC Trojans 01-30-2004 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfield
Da poor Oilers fans all alone with no playoffs this year. And I still can hear them saying "Oh well, we have more talent". :joker: :joker: :joker:

Yeah, that talent is so good, it'll get you 12th or 13th spot in the West.

Funny how you Flames fans weren't so tough the past seven years.

I don't mind a good rivalry and a little bit of trash talk once in a while but there are a few Flame posters (actually 3 by my count) here that seem to have some undying hatred towards the Oilers that everything associated to them are bad. I don't really get you guys.

You say Dvorak sucks...now give us a reason why...otherwise troll somewhere else.

HellsBells 01-30-2004 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oiltalk
Time will tell :)

I'd like to see what your reaction would have been last year if the Flames were 8 points back and if the Oilers won basically every meeting. I'm sure you would say time will tell to those Flames fans saying the Flames were better ?? yeah right, you'd do what Oilers fans do, rub it into the Flames fans faces. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, the Oilers fans say time will tell. You would have laughed in a Flames fans face if they said time will tell last year. So........ :joker: :joker: :joker:

In all seriousness, I know it ain't over yet but you can't blame a Flames fans for being excited. I've been waiting a long time for the Flames to be in a playoff hunt this far in the season.

:yo:

HellsBells 01-30-2004 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USC Trojans
Funny how you Flames fans weren't so tough the past seven years.

I don't mind a good rivalry and a little bit of trash talk once in a while but there are a few Flame posters (actually 3 by my count) here that seem to have some undying hatred towards the Oilers that everything associated to them are bad. I don't really get you guys.

You say Dvorak sucks...now give us a reason why...otherwise troll somewhere else.

Get real....RIGHT NOW. Are you saying that Oilers fans didn't do a lot of gloating over the past 7 years. Where have you been ??

And you turn me saying Dvorak is not that good into saying he sucks. Is the Oilers mod going to go and edit my post now to make it say he sucks. Come on. This is unreal how you can just twist my words without hesitation.

Dvorak is a streaky player with speed, never said he sucks, but he isn't all that great at all. You guys tend to overrate your players quite a bit. Like the guy that said Chimera was better than Conroy.

And the Oilers D is as good as the Flames. That is just too funny.

The Rage 01-30-2004 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfield
I'd like to see what your reaction would have been last year if the Flames were 8 points back and if the Oilers won basically every meeting. I'm sure you would say time will tell to those Flames fans saying the Flames were better ?? yeah right, you'd do what Oilers fans do, rub it into the Flames fans faces. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, the Oilers fans say time will tell. You would have laughed in a Flames fans face if they said time will tell last year. So........ :joker: :joker: :joker:

In all seriousness, I know it ain't over yet but you can't blame a Flames fans for being excited. I've been waiting a long time for the Flames to be in a playoff hunt this far in the season.

:yo:

Why does every thread this guys in turn into a flame war? There's plenty of Flames fans who post here and create no problems.

HellsBells 01-30-2004 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rage
Why does every thread this guys in turn into a flame war? There's plenty of Flames fans who post here and create no problems.

You can use that ignore button if you want. Otherwise, don't read or respond.

The only problem here is I don't appreciate someone putting words in my mouth, so to speak.

USC Trojans 01-30-2004 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfield
Get real....RIGHT NOW. Are you saying that Oilers fans didn't do a lot of gloating over the past 7 years. Where have you been ??

No, I'm pretty sure all the frequent posters here wouldn't go over to the Flames board and laugh at them for not making the playoffs or purposely vote a 1/10 in our prospect polls just to ruin the average. Sure, we'd take little jabs here and there amongsts ourselves but we'd never kick someone when he's down. btw, I'm not directing all of them at you, so don't take it personally.

I'm actually pretty sure that there's a handful of us who are glad that the Flames have finally found success.

HellsBells 01-30-2004 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USC Trojans
No, I'm pretty sure all the frequent posters here wouldn't go over to the Flames board and laugh at them for not making the playoffs or purposely vote a 1/10 in our prospect polls just to ruin the average. Sure, we'd take little jabs here and there amongsts ourselves but we'd never kick someone when he's down. btw, I'm not directing all of them at you, so don't take it personally.

I'm actually pretty sure that there's a handful of us who are glad that the Flames have finally found success.

I've never even seen the prospect polls so I had nothing to do with that. Anyway, I am sorry if I offended you but it's just the way I am. I wish more people were fans like me. I love rubbing it in when my teams winning and I love taking it when they lose. It's all in good fun. I seriously wish the Oilers made the playoffs too (but seeded behind the Flames so I get my $400). I'd give my eyes up as soon as the series was over if the Flames & Oilers could have just one more playoff battle. I really would.

The Rage 01-30-2004 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfield
You can use that ignore button if you want. Otherwise, don't read or respond.

I don't like the idea of putting someone on ignore just because I disagree with them. However, I have every right to say my piece if you come on our board and act like a child.

The Rage 01-30-2004 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfield
I'd give my eyes up as soon as the series was over if the Flames & Oilers could have just one more playoff battle. I really would.

I think we'd all love to see that.

rabi_sultan 01-30-2004 11:38 PM

no i wasn't saying Dvorak would hit 40 goals, (my god if he did then there is a glitch in the matrix), i was just meaning to say that i would expect him to score a few more goals then he has, he is way down on his shooting % anyone can see that, why he is on par with his points statistics I don't know probably better linemates (chemistry pov) but then only a Rangers fan could answer that properly.

btw I'm sure it was Lanny who was voting 1 for all our prospects :joker: whoever it was it was funny

rabi_sultan 01-30-2004 11:45 PM

actually Dvorak has never benefitted from a special teams situation.

The most he ever scored from special teams was 7 goals, that was the year when he scored 31 goals. I'm just expecting Dvorak to REALLY surprise us next year and get something along the lines of 20-30-50 which is great second line scoring on a powerful team.

Dvorak stats
http://www.nhlpa.com/Content/THE_PLA...o1.asp?ID=1507


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.