HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Begin probable for saturday (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=48212)

habsfan11 01-30-2004 09:09 PM

Begin probable for saturday

according to rds.ca, and Theo back infront of the nets

Mooch 01-30-2004 09:11 PM

Cant wait to see him play :yo:

:handclap: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :handclap:

gohabsgo2010 01-30-2004 09:31 PM

It also says Dags will play with Ribeiro and Zednik (grr...) and Juneau did not practice.

Prendan Brust 01-30-2004 09:58 PM

I hope Begin comes back tomorrow, he's exactly the kind of sparkplug the habs need right now.

tritone 01-30-2004 10:32 PM

A Guess

I think Balej really impressed the coaching staff and therefore I see him in the line up for saturday ...

Ryder - Koivu - Bulis
Dags - Ribeiro - Zednik
Balej - Juneau - Sundstrom
Langdon - Perreault/Kilger - Ward

I think Juneau and Sunnystrum can handle the defensive aspect of the game while maybe letting Balej fly a little and not having to be too concerned about giving up any odd man rushes ...the first two lines speak for themselves and the fourth well , basically just shooting craps :teach:

now i just have to figure out where to put Begin ~shakes my head in despair~

Team_Spirit 01-30-2004 10:37 PM

If the staff was so impressed with Balej why did Ward took his spot on the PP and on the second line last night ? I doubt they'll keep him around any longer :( I hope this short stint with the team helped him to become a better player .

tritone 01-30-2004 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
If the staff was so impressed with Balej why did Ward took his spot on the PP and on the second line last night ? I doubt they'll keep him around any longer :( I hope this short stint with the team helped him to become a better player .

Good point....lemme call CJ on his cell. and get back to you :rolly:
I was thinking maybe they just wanted to avoid a rookie turnover because the game was really tight. Who knows , but I guess you're right, it does look pretty unimpressive when the coach benches a player at clinch time....I\d still rather see Balej out there than Perreault though

Team_Spirit 01-30-2004 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tritone
Good point....lemme call CJ on his cell. and get back to you :rolly:
I was thinking maybe they just wanted to avoid a rookie turnover because the game was really tight. Who knows , but I guess you're right, it does look pretty unimpressive when the coach benches a player at clinch time....I\d still rather see Balej out there than Perreault though

Yeah but Balej can't play C and Langdon isn't a hockey player ...

AK-47 01-30-2004 10:51 PM

Quote:

I think Balej really impressed the coaching staff and therefore I see him in the line up for saturday ...

Ryder - Koivu - Bulis
Dags - Ribeiro - Zednik
Balej - Juneau - Sundstrom
Langdon - Perreault/Kilger - Ward

I think Juneau and Sunnystrum can handle the defensive aspect of the game while maybe letting Balej fly a little and not having to be too concerned about giving up any odd man rushes ...the first two lines speak for themselves and the fourth well , basically just shooting craps :teach:

now i just have to figure out where to put Begin ~shakes my head in despair~

I like Balej, but he's probably going to be the one scratched. You can't play him on on the fourth or third lines...He isn't physical enough and his defensive game while decent still needs some work. But, if Dagenais doesn't start producing soon, i'd see Balej taking his spot on a more permanent basis.

Personnally, i'd like the lineup to look like this.

Bulis(26) - Koivu(29) - Ryder(23)
Dagenais(25) - Ribeiro(23) - Zednik(28)
Kilger(27) - Juneau(35) - Sundstrom(29)
Ward(24) - Bégin(25) - Langdon(32)

Scratches: Perreault, Balej and Komisarek.

goalchenyuk 01-30-2004 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron
I hope Begin comes back tomorrow, he's exactly the kind of sparkplug the habs need right now.

yes ,i am really happy to see is coming back ;he was the one who spark all the team when he 've played on the 3 th line ,when Juneau was out.I think that he change a lot of things just because of his contagious energy...

tritone 01-30-2004 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK-47
I like Balej, but he's probably going to be the one scratched. You can't play him on the fourth line or third lines...He isn't physical enough and his defensive game still needs some work. Still, if Dagenais doesn't producing soon, i'd see Balej taking his spot on a more permanent basis.

Personnally, i'd like the lineup to look like this.

Bulis(26) - Koivu(29) - Ryder(23)
Dagenais(25) - Ribeiro(23) - Zednik(28)
Kilger(27) - Juneau(35) - Sundstrom(29)
Ward(24) - Bégin(25) - Langdon(32)

Scratches: Perreault, Balej and Komisarek.

That looks pretty decent...what do you do when Dackell comes back?

Rahan 01-31-2004 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Yeah but Balej can't play C and Langdon isn't a hockey player ...

That's actually not true. Langdon is a good checker, sure he's an enforcer but he can still play hockey, and he does better at it than Kilger most of the time. He can even set up nice plays once in a while. Open your eyes, watch him more.

oli500 01-31-2004 03:12 AM

very good news !!! :yo: :yo: :yo:

JohnnyB11 01-31-2004 04:50 AM

It's amazing the effect a waiver wire pickup has had on this team (and it's fans). Steve Begin is a great fit here, and as a long-time fan I'm happy to see his hard work is paying off and he's geting noticed. Not only that, but he's playing for the Habs!

Thanks again Mr. Gainey!

AK-47 02-01-2004 02:28 PM

Quote:

That looks pretty decent...what do you do when Dackell comes back?

You could take Kilger out of the lineup I suppose...