HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What would you give for Zidlicky? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=48273)

barrytrotzsneck 01-31-2004 03:02 AM

What would you give for Zidlicky?

We were pondering this a bit...and have decided that he's the only asset that we could really afford to give up(Hutchinson is a pretty solid offensive d-man who could play limited minutes on the third line and get some PP time)

Keep in mind the Preds REALLY need a number 2 center. We'll throw in Arkhipov, if need be.

PantherBlood6* 01-31-2004 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
We were pondering this a bit...and have decided that he's the only asset that we could really afford to give up(Hutchinson is a pretty solid offensive d-man who could play limited minutes on the third line and get some PP time)

Keep in mind the Preds REALLY need a number 2 center. We'll throw in Arkhipov, if need be.

Viktor Kozlov Mathieu Biron and a mid/high pick or prospect?

c-carp 01-31-2004 04:16 AM

Quote:

I dont know much about Arkhipov, and I dont know if the Blues and Preds are real good trade Partners since we may fight for a playoff spot. I really like Zidlicky though and maybe we could do a Cajanek for Zidlicky?

EdBelfour20 01-31-2004 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-carp
I dont know much about Arkhipov, and I dont know if the Blues and Preds are real good trade Partners since we may fight for a playoff spot. I really like Zidlicky though and maybe we could do a Cajanek for Zidlicky?

Toronto should move Antropov for Zidlicky and a 4th

c-carp 01-31-2004 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdBelfour20
Toronto should move Antropov for Zidlicky and a 4th

The Blues could match the draft pick, but if the bidding gets much higher I will take a pass and it may already be too high.

PantherBlood6* 01-31-2004 07:26 AM

Quote:

The Blues could match the draft pick, but if the bidding gets much higher I will take a pass and it may already be too high.

Zidlicky is on pace for 50 points as a defensman, makes 500k, is 26 and plays a pretty physical game too. IMO, The bidding hasn't even begun with Cajanek.

PantherBlood6* 01-31-2004 07:32 AM

And BTW, I don't want to turn this into a bash Cajanek- praise Zidlicky thread, so don't get me wrong...I like Cajanek a lot too, but it's a big time sellers market for d-men right now. If the Preds really did put Zidlicky on the market I couldn't think of a team that wouldn't be interested. 500,000 a year, only 26 years old and on pace to score over 50 points as a rookie...impressive to say the least.

c-carp 01-31-2004 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKF37
And BTW, I don't want to turn this into a bash Cajanek- praise Zidlicky thread, so don't get me wrong...I like Cajanek a lot too, but it's a big time sellers market for d-men right now. If the Preds really did put Zidlicky on the market I couldn't think of a team that wouldn't be interested. 500,000 a year, only 26 years old and on pace to score over 50 points as a rookie...impressive to say the least.

just trying to steal him man, I really like that kid.

stardog 01-31-2004 09:41 AM

I'd love to have him on the Pens, I just dont think we have anything to help you right NOW, and I am assuming you are wanting immediate help?

triggrman 01-31-2004 12:46 PM

:D no, we'd take your first round draft pick for him.

Bob Clarke Fan Club 01-31-2004 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKF37

I know it's not the be all to end all for statistical analysis but isn't Zidlicky like a -19? Not bashing, just wondering. :dunno:

Bob Clarke Fan Club 01-31-2004 06:02 PM

Quote:

just trying to steal him man, I really like that kid.

That's what seperates Great GM's from good GM's. :rolly:

Xoggz22 01-31-2004 06:10 PM

Quote:

Whoever he goes to may want to request a helmet with more padding and some brass knuckles if he ever fights again. He really took a pounding the other night in the CBJ/Preds game. OUCH!

triggrman 01-31-2004 06:12 PM

I think he did pretty good, he bent Nash over and gave him a few good ones right off the bat.

triggrman 01-31-2004 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club
I know it's not the be all to end all for statistical analysis but isn't Zidlicky like a -19? Not bashing, just wondering. :dunno:

no, he's a -11.

triggrman 01-31-2004 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xoggz22
Whoever he goes to may want to request a helmet with more padding and some brass knuckles if he ever fights again. He really took a pounding the other night in the CBJ/Preds game. OUCH!

Maybe he should get some pointers from Klelsa

Comments: Tootoo checks Klesla hard into the boards and Klesla takes exception, shoving Tootoo a couple of times. Tootoo turns around and they immediately shed the gloves. Tootoo throws several overhand rights to start things off, connecting with a couple of decent shots. Klesla tries to tie him up. Klesla gets bent over and Tootoo throws a couple of uppercuts, couldn't tell if they landed. Klesla gets straightened up and Tootoo knocks Klesla to the ice. Klesla was soaking a towel with his blood as he went to the lockerroom for repairs.

AEKaki 01-31-2004 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
:D no, we'd take your first round draft pick for him.

I think you need 50 Zidlickys to have a fair deal...
I like Zidlicky, but I doubt they will move him.

SmokeyClause 01-31-2004 06:59 PM

Quote:

That's funny, while he certainly didn't win the fight, I thought Zidlicky did quite well. Nash gets the victory, but for a man that gives him 5 inches and 20-30 pounds, Nash should have done better. I can see why he doesn't fight. He's just lucky that wasn't Walker/Tootoo/Hartnell/Stevenson/Hall/Allison/McKenzie. No wait, he's not lucky. No way in hell he fights a real fighter.

Xoggz22 02-01-2004 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
That's funny, while he certainly didn't win the fight, I thought Zidlicky did quite well. Nash gets the victory, but for a man that gives him 5 inches and 20-30 pounds, Nash should have done better. I can see why he doesn't fight. He's just lucky that wasn't Walker/Tootoo/Hartnell/Stevenson/Hall/Allison/McKenzie. No wait, he's not lucky. No way in hell he fights a real fighter.

Do they all bite or just Tootoo?

Nash is lucky, you're right. He could have broken a finger or hand. I'm glad he didn't fight one of the other Nashville goons. I know..scoreboard. Still should have been 6-6 but getting two waived off that clearly were quick whistles sucks so we'll gloat about the fight we won.

It's too bad no one wanted to fight Shelley. You name so many that could fight and would gladly have taken on Nash but wouldn't come close to Shelley. At least have your heavyweights fight the real goons rather than target the skilled players.

Xoggz22 02-01-2004 03:02 AM

Quote:

I think he did pretty good, he bent Nash over and gave him a few good ones right off the bat.

Sounds like he should stay in the closet. More of a personal problem if you ask me. I always thought dropping the soap in the Preds shower was a myth but I guess it really is a game they play. :lol:

PantherBlood6* 02-01-2004 03:14 AM

Quote:

Sounds like he should stay in the closet. More of a personal problem if you ask me. I always thought dropping the soap in the Preds shower was a myth but I guess it really is a game they play. :lol:

How witty... :shakehead

Jarnberg 02-01-2004 04:45 AM

Quote:

wow

triggrman 02-01-2004 04:52 AM

Man, they should have a class in Columbus in trash talking......

Jovavic 02-01-2004 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause

Why take the risk of injuring his hand in a fight when he doesn't have to? Zidlicky didn't like the hit Nash gave him (which was clean) and he instaged the fight. Is Nash just supposed to run like some other players?

Jovavic 02-01-2004 05:10 AM

Quote:

Man, they should have a class in Columbus in trash talking......

Because all of HF knows how witty and quick those Preds fans are.