HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Hossa recalled from Hartford (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=482993)

Turambar 02-24-2008 12:38 PM

Hossa recalled from Hartford
 
As per the AHL transactions page:

"02/24/2008 Marcel Hossa (LW) Hartford DEL Recalled from loan by NY Rangers (NHL)"

http://stats.theahl.com/hm/transactions.php

MisterUnspoken 02-24-2008 12:43 PM

Uh oh watch out here he comes to ride the pine :naughty:

Choice 02-24-2008 12:45 PM

Yes, never thought I'd say this about Hossa but his presence can help. Please, please, pleeeaase sit either Hollweg or Orr and put Hossa on the fourth line.

h0ckeyman 02-24-2008 12:46 PM

Probably because theyre about to announce his brother is gonna be in the lineup for us tonight :-D

Turambar 02-24-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice (Post 12696048)
Yes, never thought I'd say this about Hossa but his presence can help. Please, please, pleeeaase sit either Hollweg or Orr and put Hossa on the fourth line.

.. +1

dank 02-24-2008 12:46 PM

good, i guess.. keep him from bothering the chemistry etc, down in Hartford

Carlos Ranger 02-24-2008 12:58 PM

I actually want to see him back in the lineup. He was very hot this time last year, give him another chance. He hasn't played since Jan 14th and is still our +/- leader, so scratch Colton "-14" Orr already.

Jaromir Jagr 02-24-2008 01:00 PM

Ryan Hollweg has a touch of the flu.

Perhaps Marcel Hossa skates in his place tonight

rangers4ever2007 02-24-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherapanov (Post 12696319)
Ryan Hollweg has a touch of the flu.

Perhaps Marcel Hossa skates in his place tonight

the flu bug :shakehead

but hossa and betts on the defensive line :thumbu:

Kind of Blue 02-24-2008 01:23 PM

Good penalty-killer, defensively responsible, strong on the puck in the opponent's zone... indeed, Marcel is an asset, and I'm glad he's back.

Very curious to see where Renney puts him. In place of Hollweg seems obvious and logical, but we'll see if that's what Renney does.

Keep in mind, Hossa has spent time on lines 1 through 4. Depending on any number of variables (Is Prucha or Dawes traded? Does Dawes continue to contribute? Injuries?), Hossa could ultimately end up on any line really.

Sky Valley 02-24-2008 01:37 PM

Hossa + Callahan = No use for Hollweg

free0717 02-24-2008 01:40 PM

We need Colton Orr just for his ability to fight. I think Hollweg and his lack of skill are expendable. Im not a big Hossa Fan but he is better than Hollweg. Hollweg can play defense and he can Hit Hard but did anyone see his break against Miller yesterday. You knew it would either be wide or right into Millers Pads.

True Blue 02-24-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by free0717 (Post 12696991)
I think Hollweg and his lack of skill are expendable. Im not a big Hossa Fan but he is better than Hollweg. Hollweg can play defense and he can Hit Hard but did anyone see his break against Miller yesterday. You knew it would either be wide or right into Millers Pads.

First off, on a team that lacks physicality, Hollweg is only expendable if you replace his physical play with someone else's. Second of all, ok, Hollweg did not convert on the break. But the sad truth is that Hossa would do absolutley no better.

In Hossa's stay in Hartaford he had his one good shift, his first one there. And from there on proceeded to be the same player on a roster of lesser-talented players than with the big club. He was not capable of standing out amongst AHLers. When Callahan went down, he stood out. Hossa? Not so much.

In Hossa's time here, he has shown one thing only. That he is nothing more than a bubble NHL player. At best a 4th liner. There are plenty of players who can kill penalties with the big club. On THIS particular Rangers team, the role of a 4th line energy player is much better filled by a Hollweg than the virtually useless Hossa.

WolfPackFan07 02-24-2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue (Post 12697080)
In Hossa's stay in Hartaford he had his one good shift, his first one there. And from there on proceeded to be the same player on a roster of lesser-talented players than with the big club. He was not capable of standing out amongst AHLers. When Callahan went down, he stood out. Hossa? Not so much.

Very true. Outside of his first shift where he scored, he was quite invisible. During his stint here in Hartford, I'd be hard-pressed to say he was any better than the 5th or 6th best wing skating.

Disappointing that guys like Korpikoski or Byers can't get a shot.

Inferno 02-24-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h0ckeyman (Post 12696071)
Probably because theyre about to announce his brother is gonna be in the lineup for us tonight :-D

dont mess with my head. :help:

Escudero 02-24-2008 03:01 PM

Marcel Hossa - The Utility Man

SouvenirCity 02-24-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by free0717 (Post 12696991)
We need Colton Orr just for his ability to fight. I think Hollweg and his lack of skill are expendable. Im not a big Hossa Fan but he is better than Hollweg. Hollweg can play defense and he can Hit Hard but did anyone see his break against Miller yesterday. You knew it would either be wide or right into Millers Pads.

We don't need Colton Orr for anything. I hate to say it but nobody really fears him.

Hossa - Drury - Straka
Hollweg - Betts - Callahan

should be how its done tonight

Incognito31 02-24-2008 03:05 PM

while this hurts me to say as im a big hollweg fan but hossa is a key PKer and with him and betts they would be dynamic aginst other teams first lines

sickboy35 02-24-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouvenirCity (Post 12698709)
We don't need Colton Orr for anything. I hate to say it but nobody really fears him.

Hossa - Drury - Straka
Hollweg - Betts - Callahan

should be how its done tonight

would you please research before making stupid statements! orr is a very good fighter and when u don't have him in the line up guys like begin and last year fedoruk just have a field day out there so before you say "no one fears him" ask todd how it felt! and there are plenty of others who will say the same, the only guys he can't beat are huggie and laroque (spelling). every other heavy he can go with! so sick of you people with your one sided arguments!

h0ckeyman 02-24-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 12698607)
dont mess with my head. :help:

Hahaha, i have myself convinced in my own head everytime i type in "tsn.ca" that itll be sitting there on the front page. I think my brain might be broken :shakehead:cry:

SouvenirCity 02-24-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickboy35 (Post 12698976)
would you please research before making stupid statements! orr is a very good fighter and when u don't have him in the line up guys like begin and last year fedoruk just have a field day out there so before you say "no one fears him" ask todd how it felt! and there are plenty of others who will say the same, the only guys he can't beat are huggie and laroque (spelling). every other heavy he can go with! so sick of you people with your one sided arguments!

Orr is awful man. When he isn't fighting he's basically an orange cone sitting on the ice. Orr isn't feared because he doesn't hit guys because they nail Jags. I'd have a completely different feeling if one of the games we played against Montreal, Orr faught Komisarek rather than Dubes. When Orr is on the ice players don't keep there heads up more. The Fedoruk thing is one incident, and because he knocked him out with a lucky punch doesn't qualify as "see how Todd felt". Even him knocking someone out didn't make people fear him more.

beastly115 02-24-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickboy35 (Post 12698976)
would you please research before making stupid statements! orr is a very good fighter and when u don't have him in the line up guys like begin and last year fedoruk just have a field day out there so before you say "no one fears him" ask todd how it felt! and there are plenty of others who will say the same, the only guys he can't beat are huggie and laroque (spelling). every other heavy he can go with! so sick of you people with your one sided arguments!

Agreed. A heavy weight on the roster is almost a must, at least during the regular season. During playoff time he'll probably sit more because there is usually less fighting.

SouvenirCity 02-24-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaqup (Post 12699864)
Agreed. A heavy weight on the roster is almost a must, at least during the regular season. During playoff time he'll probably sit more because there is usually less fighting.

Then we should get a heavyweight that actually does something to the opposing teams view of the game.

Dagoon44 02-24-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouvenirCity (Post 12699779)
Orr is awful man. When he isn't fighting he's basically an orange cone sitting on the ice. Orr isn't feared because he doesn't hit guys because they nail Jags. I'd have a completely different feeling if one of the games we played against Montreal, Orr faught Komisarek rather than Dubes. When Orr is on the ice players don't keep there heads up more. The Fedoruk thing is one incident, and because he knocked him out with a lucky punch doesn't qualify as "see how Todd felt". Even him knocking someone out didn't make people fear him more.

Hey Rookie
That was no lucky punch. Orr is feared and in the top 5 enforcers in the leage this season. Orr has smashed a bunch of faces in the nhl in the past 2 seasons and he is loved by his teammates. Don't start the we don't need orr crap and for sure not the week we got run out of Mont.

sickboy35 02-24-2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouvenirCity (Post 12699779)
Orr is awful man. When he isn't fighting he's basically an orange cone sitting on the ice. Orr isn't feared because he doesn't hit guys because they nail Jags. I'd have a completely different feeling if one of the games we played against Montreal, Orr faught Komisarek rather than Dubes. When Orr is on the ice players don't keep there heads up more. The Fedoruk thing is one incident, and because he knocked him out with a lucky punch doesn't qualify as "see how Todd felt". Even him knocking someone out didn't make people fear him more.

1st off Orr wasn't in the line up that night when dubi went with komisarek, notice how begin was running around not worried about anything? and he must have that lucky punch thing working alot, ask godard,cote, belak (broke his face!) etc. i really don't understand your argument? orr has played what 61 games or so? his line has been going against the top line of most teams and had done well so like i said do some research before u make silly statements!;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.