HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Roman Turek (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=48342)

Flames 1st pick 01-31-2004 11:04 AM

Roman Turek
 
I would like to hear from those who still want to defend Turek...
FDW?

I need a good laugh now and then.

PS 1: The playoff is gone if they dont get rid of Turek NOW.
PS 2: The defense is not too hot...but you need your goalie to steal you a game once in awhile not giving out a gift everynight.

FLAMESFAN 01-31-2004 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan
I would like to hear from those who still want to defend Turek...
FDW?

I need a good laugh now and then.

PS 1: The playoff is gone if they dont get rid of Turek NOW.
PS 2: The defense is not too hot...but you need your goalie to steal you a game once in awhile not giving out a gift everynight.


I was a MacLennen Basher, and Turek supporter, but right now I would love to see Jamie start a game. I still think Turek is a capable goalie (not for his salary though!), but there is NO WAY Turek should be starting every game. If Jamie's injury was so bad that there was no way he could start, why is he even dressed as a back up? If Sutter is trying to prove a point, he could be doing it at the cost of the playoffs.

Hydroponic Harold 01-31-2004 04:53 PM

B-R-U-T-A-L.........whats that sound ..its the wind leaving the Flames playoff balloon ...this sucks .

Badger Bob 01-31-2004 06:56 PM

To put things into perspective, Turek got outplayed by an IHL goaltender.

Jared Ramsden 01-31-2004 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan
I would like to hear from those who still want to defend Turek...
FDW?

I need a good laugh now and then.

PS 1: The playoff is gone if they dont get rid of Turek NOW.
PS 2: The defense is not too hot...but you need your goalie to steal you a game once in awhile not giving out a gift everynight.

I want to just say that putting all the blame on Turek, like many people are doing is very unfair. He is at fault to a point, but remember, the goalie is not the only person on the team. When the Flames were winning in December, they were playing mistake free defence, a big part of the reason for the teams run that month. Now, they are giving up 30+ shots a game routinely, and turning the puck over, and giving up TONS, and I mean TONS of odd man rushes. Sure, Turek hasn't been great, but team infront of him should be taking just as much of the blame in my opinion.

CalgaryFan1988 01-31-2004 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgary Devil
I want to just say that putting all the blame on Turek, like many people are doing is very unfair. He is at fault to a point, but remember, the goalie is not the only person on the team. When the Flames were winning in December, they were playing mistake free defence, a big part of the reason for the teams run that month. Now, they are giving up 30+ shots a game routinely, and turning the puck over, and giving up TONS, and I mean TONS of odd man rushes. Sure, Turek hasn't been great, but team infront of him should be taking just as much of the blame in my opinion.



Dallas Flames fan clearly says that the defence has not been playing well in his PS II, and I agree Turek has to steal a game once in a while to give the team confidence and that hasn't happened. The only game I missed this year was last Saturday against Tampa. I know what Turek is and he is just no good (right now).

FLAMESFAN 01-31-2004 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgary Devil
I want to just say that putting all the blame on Turek, like many people are doing is very unfair. He is at fault to a point, but remember, the goalie is not the only person on the team. When the Flames were winning in December, they were playing mistake free defence, a big part of the reason for the teams run that month. Now, they are giving up 30+ shots a game routinely, and turning the puck over, and giving up TONS, and I mean TONS of odd man rushes. Sure, Turek hasn't been great, but team infront of him should be taking just as much of the blame in my opinion.


Alot of those odd man rushes came late in the game when the Flames were down, and pressing. That's gonna happen and the goalie expects those. Point is we should never have been trailing.

Qubax 01-31-2004 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgary Devil
I want to just say that putting all the blame on Turek, like many people are doing is very unfair. He is at fault to a point, but remember, the goalie is not the only person on the team. When the Flames were winning in December, they were playing mistake free defence, a big part of the reason for the teams run that month. Now, they are giving up 30+ shots a game routinely, and turning the puck over, and giving up TONS, and I mean TONS of odd man rushes. Sure, Turek hasn't been great, but team infront of him should be taking just as much of the blame in my opinion.

This is an ignorant statement...and it's to bad you don't see thr truth..It's right in front of you...

I'll explain...

Turek's piss poor play, causes the team to not have faith in him, the try to be cute and too perfect and they make mistakes infront of him...

Period...end of story.....Thanks for coming out.

Turek is in a word Anti-clutch

Look at the 4-0 win over Nashville....Roman was probably the best goalie you could have in in a game like this...but if the game is on the line he'll screw up...time and again.....his last playoff game as a St Louis Blue...? He was on the bench...

This is a long standing trend....

Look at the tampa game....Flames up 1-0 late in the First.....Flames playng pretty well...Roman lets in two of teh worst goals all season ansd early into the second the Flames are down 2-1....From there on in, Roman can't benearily as blamed as the players infront of him

but at 4.5 million Turek has to step it up....he can't let in goals at the very worst times

Look at the Hawks game....Turek lets in 3 bad goals...and had no chance on the last 2...why was that...by the end of the game the Flames players have given up on Roman...they tried to be to perfect...too cute out there and they made gastly mistakes...

You can blame the D all you want.....but there's a reason the D has played bad of late...Roman's been in goal.....duh....

Anyway I would like to say that Roman tends to play a bit better away from the Flames fans...though really we pay his contract and he's making 4.5 mill he needs to step it up and not blame us like he did...Look at Vernon...we booed Vernon...

removed libelous content b) Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. A link to a credible media source must be posted to support such claims.

Flamin' Griz 02-01-2004 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan
I would like to hear from those who still want to defend Turek...
FDW?

I need a good laugh now and then.

PS 1: The playoff is gone if they dont get rid of Turek NOW.
PS 2: The defense is not too hot...but you need your goalie to steal you a game once in awhile not giving out a gift everynight.

Gift....Chicago game, no question.
Turek was about the last person responsible for the Tampa Bay debacle, however.
That funny enough for you?

Super-Rye 02-01-2004 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgary Devil
I want to just say that putting all the blame on Turek, like many people are doing is very unfair. He is at fault to a point, but remember, the goalie is not the only person on the team. When the Flames were winning in December, they were playing mistake free defence, a big part of the reason for the teams run that month. Now, they are giving up 30+ shots a game routinely, and turning the puck over, and giving up TONS, and I mean TONS of odd man rushes. Sure, Turek hasn't been great, but team infront of him should be taking just as much of the blame in my opinion.

I believe it's more Turek's fault then anyone elses. Turek lets in horrid goals all the time and it takes something out of the team when they're doing something right and have this ****er screw it up.

kruezer 02-01-2004 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamin' Griz
Gift....Chicago game, no question.
Turek was about the last person responsible for the Tampa Bay debacle, however.
That funny enough for you?

I don't know, that St. Louis goal off his goal stick on the cross ice pass for TB's second goal was not too pretty. I think about it like this, if Turek starting means the Flames lose and anyone else means they win, then whats the point in starting Turek? I mean, he's not a bad goalie technically, he can be good, this team is just not good with him in net, its just not, now we're in 9th and the next game is REALLY important, and who knows what Turek is going to show up.

Jared Ramsden 02-01-2004 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qubax
This is an ignorant statement...and it's to bad you don't see thr truth..It's right in front of you...

I'll explain...

Turek's piss poor play, causes the team to not have faith in him, the try to be cute and too perfect and they make mistakes infront of him...

Period...end of story.....Thanks for coming out.

Turek is in a word Anti-clutch

Look at the 4-0 win over Nashville....Roman was probably the best goalie you could have in in a game like this...but if the game is on the line he'll screw up...time and again.....his last playoff game as a St Louis Blue...? He was on the bench...

This is a long standing trend....

Look at the tampa game....Flames up 1-0 late in the First.....Flames playng pretty well...Roman lets in two of teh worst goals all season ansd early into the second the Flames are down 2-1....From there on in, Roman can't benearily as blamed as the players infront of him

but at 4.5 million Turek has to step it up....he can't let in goals at the very worst times

Look at the Hawks game....Turek lets in 3 bad goals...and had no chance on the last 2...why was that...by the end of the game the Flames players have given up on Roman...they tried to be to perfect...too cute out there and they made gastly mistakes...

You can blame the D all you want.....but there's a reason the D has played bad of late...Roman's been in goal.....duh....

Anyway I would like to say that Roman tends to play a bit better away from the Flames fans...though really we pay his contract and he's making 4.5 mill he needs to step it up and not blame us like he did...Look at Vernon...we booed Vernon...

.....

Excuse me for having an opinon there chief.

These guys have no excuse for playing bad defense. The defence has not played bad lately because of Turek. Turek doesn't tell the defencemen how to defend, or the forwards how to backcheck. The players and coaching staff have said numerous times, that they have not been sharp defensively. Turek is part of the problem, and so is the defensive play infront of him.

If your of the opinion that it's all Turek's fault, then fine, but you don't have to make me look like a ****** for having an opinion. You don't have to be so pompous about it. You have your opinion, I have mine. Chill out and relax man.

Flamin' Griz 02-01-2004 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kruezer
I don't know, that St. Louis goal off his goal stick on the cross ice pass for TB's second goal was not too pretty. I think about it like this, if Turek starting means the Flames lose and anyone else means they win, then whats the point in starting Turek? I mean, he's not a bad goalie technically, he can be good, this team is just not good with him in net, its just not, now we're in 9th and the next game is REALLY important, and who knows what Turek is going to show up.

That was a bad goal, no question. However, the Flames were not playing in front of him at all in that TB game. He had virtually no chance on the other 5 goals and the Flames did little in the offensive end to change their fortunes. They Chicago game was different. While the team in front of him didn't have the best game still, they did enough offensively to win. The gift goal he gave up to Arnason was a back breaker.

CalgaryFan1988 02-01-2004 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgary Devil
Excuse me for having an opinon there chief.

These guys have no excuse for playing bad defense. The defence has not played bad lately because of Turek. Turek doesn't tell the defencemen how to defend, or the forwards how to backcheck. The players and coaching staff have said numerous times, that they have not been sharp defensively. Turek is part of the problem, and so is the defensive play infront of him.

If your of the opinion that it's all Turek's fault, then fine, but you don't have to make me look like a ****** for having an opinion. You don't have to be so pompous about it. You have your opinion, I have mine. Chill out and relax man.


I'm not saying it's all of Turek's fault, they are a team obviously, but just look at these stats (they are not exact, but pretty close).

With Turek in nets 3 wins 7 losses (10 games played). Goals for 21 (2.1 GPG) Goals against 30 (3.0 GAA).

With anybody else in net (Sabourin, McClennan, Kiprusoff) 22 wins 15 losses and 4 ties (41 games played). Goals for 102 (2.5 GPG) Goals against 85 (2.07 GAA).

the-rasta-masta 02-01-2004 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988
I'm not saying it's all of Turek's fault, they are a team obviously, but just look at these stats (they are not exact, but pretty close).

With Turek in nets 3 wins 7 losses (10 games played). Goals for 21 (2.1 GPG) Goals against 30 (3.0 GAA).

With anybody else in net (Sabourin, McClennan, Kiprusoff) 22 wins 15 losses and 4 ties (41 games played). Goals for 102 (2.5 GPG) Goals against 85 (2.07 GAA).

Wow, we have 30 goals against in 10 games with Turek, and only 85 in 40 games played with anybody else. If you average that out, we would have 120 goals in 40 games if turek played them all.

Red Bull 02-02-2004 02:54 AM

For those of you defending Turek it is more his fault than you think. Yes the D is starting to get away from the December style but for example the last few goals in the Chicago and Tampa games looked like defensive screw ups. But the reason the defense got away from their game is because Turek let in the early softies so the team is forced to play catch up and be susceptable to odd man rushes and breakaways. It all leads back to Roman. I hate the blaming too but he is the biggest source of the bad play.

Bandwagoner 02-02-2004 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qubax
This is an ignorant statement...and it's to bad you don't see thr truth..It's right in front of you...

I'll explain...

Turek's piss poor play, causes the team to not have faith in him, the try to be cute and too perfect and they make mistakes infront of him...

Period...end of story.....Thanks for coming out.

Turek is in a word Anti-clutch

Look at the 4-0 win over Nashville....Roman was probably the best goalie you could have in in a game like this...but if the game is on the line he'll screw up...time and again.....his last playoff game as a St Louis Blue...? He was on the bench...

This is a long standing trend....

Look at the tampa game....Flames up 1-0 late in the First.....Flames playng pretty well...Roman lets in two of teh worst goals all season ansd early into the second the Flames are down 2-1....From there on in, Roman can't benearily as blamed as the players infront of him

but at 4.5 million Turek has to step it up....he can't let in goals at the very worst times

Look at the Hawks game....Turek lets in 3 bad goals...and had no chance on the last 2...why was that...by the end of the game the Flames players have given up on Roman...they tried to be to perfect...too cute out there and they made gastly mistakes...

You can blame the D all you want.....but there's a reason the D has played bad of late...Roman's been in goal.....duh....

Anyway I would like to say that Roman tends to play a bit better away from the Flames fans...though really we pay his contract and he's making 4.5 mill he needs to step it up and not blame us like he did...Look at Vernon...we booed Vernon...

removed libelous content b) Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. A link to a credible media source must be posted to support such claims.

Man, if the defense is actually using Turek as an excuse then we don't even deserve to make the playoffs. We're complaining that we're paying Turek all this money, and that he should be playing a whole lot better... but if I am not mistaken we're paying the defense too. It's there job to give their very best no matter who's in net, and I think no one will argue that they haven't been playing their best at all lately. I just hate that we have begun to single Turek out lately, sure I don't think he's the answer to our playoff run, and I am sure that once Kipper gets back the starting job will be his. But to blame the last couple of games solely on the performance of Turek is absolutely rediculous. Sure he let in some soft goals, but the defense has also allowed on average more shots per game lately. But all in all, this is a team game, and if we're going to let Turek be the scapegoat for the defense's poor play of late, then that is truly unfair. The defense and Turek have been playing brutal lately. I mean today they gave up 4 goals to the Ducks.

But we all could probably agree that the best thing for a Flames fan is to see Turek in an Oiler's uniform.

Red Bull 02-02-2004 05:01 AM

You should read my post. The defense didn't let up too badly until after Turek let in the softies and the Flames were forced to make offence a priority.

Heathen 02-02-2004 03:18 PM

I just wish we could trade Turek... but with that contract.. we're screwed. (Thanks Button!!)

Flames Draft Watcher 02-02-2004 05:53 PM

What? You want to hear from my mouth that Turek let's in some soft goals? Sure he does.

What I can't understand is the fans who somehow seem to think McLennan doesn't.

And if you're going to call people out DFF weren't you another one of those Saprykin is a bust people?

Flames 1st pick 02-02-2004 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
And if you're going to call people out DFF weren't you another one of those Saprykin is a bust people?

No I wasn't. You must mistake me for Bycicle Repairman or something.

BTW, I mainly have issues with Button's mistakes. Saprykin has nothing to do with him... :D

Flames Draft Watcher 02-02-2004 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan
No I wasn't. You must mistake me for Bycicle Repairman or something.

My bad. I apologize.

FLAMESFAN 02-02-2004 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
What? You want to hear from my mouth that Turek let's in some soft goals? Sure he does.

What I can't understand is the fans who somehow seem to think McLennan doesn't.

And if you're going to call people out DFF weren't you another one of those Saprykin is a bust people?

Oh, J Mac lets in soft goals too. But look at the facts:
J Mac 2.13 GAA 12-9 .912 S%
Turek 2.93 GAA 3-7 .894 S%

One person is getting it done, while the other is not. Sure the team gives up more shots against in Turek's games, but that's a direct result of a shaky Turek in net.
I'm glad Noodles got a shot, now Turek knows he has to earn his time.
I'm not a Turek hater (I hope he can regain form), I just hate losing games that should be won

ForeignFlame 02-03-2004 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN
I'm not a Turek hater (I hope he can regain form), I just hate losing games that should be won

I couldn't have expressed my feelings on the situation any better.

Red Bull 02-03-2004 05:13 AM

Yes McLennan lets in softies too only he lets in one softy every couple games, Turek lets in 2-3 a game


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.