HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Bring up Hossa! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=48394)

zurg999 01-31-2004 05:35 PM

Bring up Hossa!

It's his turn again. Awesome game yesterday against the Roadrunners, doing all the things he is capable of, excellent work ethic at both ends. Saw him outskate his own teammates on the backcheck a few times. We need his size + speed right now.

(BTW I'm taking back my Bring up Dagenais! post from a couple of months ago, Mods please erase that thread). :rolly:

penopekoo 01-31-2004 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zurg999
It's his turn again. Awesome game yesterday against the Roadrunners, doing all the things he is capable of, excellent work ethic at both ends. Saw him outskate his own teammates on the backcheck a few times. We need his size + speed right now.

(BTW I'm taking back my Bring up Dagenais! post from a couple of months ago, Mods please erase that thread). :rolly:

I'd say Perezhogin is more likely to get a chance right now - Hossa already got his turn this year. With that said, Plekanec is probably most worthy of another shot.

jcpenny 01-31-2004 06:04 PM

Hossa has NHL experience and now that were entering the last stretch of the season theres is no time for experiences anymore. Balej was the last one and will be sent back. Hossa could be brought back to play with ribs as thy did in the begining of the year.

RE-HABS 01-31-2004 06:10 PM

If he is doing well let him stay in Hamilton for the year so he can be the man down there and get that confidence back so he can be ready for the NHL next year.

hockey_nut 01-31-2004 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
If he is doing well let him stay in Hamilton for the year so he can be the man down there and get that confidence back so he can be ready for the NHL next year.

:handclap: fully agree

Razorblade 01-31-2004 09:03 PM

Hossa has been playing much better recently, as he is finally showing direction in his play, but calling him up would just hurt his play, knowing that a couple good games gets you back with the Habs. If the Habs do call him up, they would need to send someone down, as the forward corps are getting quite thin in Hamilton.

As far as calling up the younger guys to make this team play better, I just don't see them making a huge contribution. Balej was called up because he was one of the top five all around players in the AHL, but he had over a year experience. Although he is holding his own with the Habs, his contribution isn't turning this team around. Guys like Perezhogin and Higgins are still getting used to the physical game, and still need a while with the Dogs before they are ready.

jcpenny 01-31-2004 10:11 PM

I'm sorry guys but he should be in the NHL, The AHL as nothing for him even though he's not doing too well. He's ready physically for the NHL and he"ll learn more.

caper13 01-31-2004 10:20 PM

:handclap:
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcpenny
I'm sorry guys but he should be in the NHL, The AHL as nothing for him even though he's not doing too well. He's ready physically for the NHL and he"ll learn more.

:handclap: agree totally on him he looks to be on a mission maybe his brother put a bug in his ear whatever its working.... :lol: :yo: :handclap:

zurg999 02-01-2004 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabzIsLife
Itz more then that, its a question of principle, like the other poster said, A few good games should not just get u back in the habs favor, that is not how it works, you work hard ALL the time and prove that you want to be back. Gainey knows what to do with players, so does Julien and so does Jarvis. Kid is working harder, good, he needs to do that constantly. If Robinson can play out of his Natural style (he was not a gritty player) then so can Hossa, Kilger, and the lot of them

Bottom line is we can use him NOW, IF he can carry that play over to the big club. We have a serious problem on our bottom 2 lines. It's a lot better intensity wise with Begin back, but we need to see at least some offensive threat from deeper in the lineup. That is what will win us a few closer games in the stretch.

I think Dagenais is working his way back the the Dogs. Gratton I don't see sticking either, unfortunately.

I'd love to see Bulis reunited with Juneau. They at least created a few chances every game.

In my dream world this week....
Koivu Ryder Balej
Ribs Zed Hossa
Bulis Juneau Dackell
Ward Begin Sundstrom
Leaving Perrault, Kilger and Langdon spotted only when absolutely needed.

I honestly think Balej was doing OK after the 1st game. Hossa was closee to sticking full time last year. Am I too far off with the above?

KILLger 02-01-2004 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zurg999
Bottom line is we can use him NOW, IF he can carry that play over to the big club. We have a serious problem on our bottom 2 lines. It's a lot better intensity wise with Begin back, but we need to see at least some offensive threat from deeper in the lineup. That is what will win us a few closer games in the stretch.

I think Dagenais is working his way back the the Dogs. Gratton I don't see sticking either, unfortunately.

I'd love to see Bulis reunited with Juneau. They at least created a few chances every game.

In my dream world this week....
Koivu Ryder Balej
Ribs Zed Hossa
Bulis Juneau Dackell
Ward Begin Sundstrom
Leaving Perrault, Kilger and Langdon spotted only when absolutely needed.

I honestly think Balej was doing OK after the 1st game. Hossa was closee to sticking full time last year. Am I too far off with the above?

I'd rather see:

Hossa - Koivu - Ryder
Zednik - Ribeiro - Balej
Bulis - Juneau - Dackell
Sundström - Bégin - Ward

That might be next year's lineup... remove Juneau/Dackell and it should look a lot like that.