HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I love Souray, but... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=48413)

FlavorFlav 01-31-2004 08:00 PM

I love Souray, but...

...is it me, or do the rest of you guys get REAL NERVOUS each time he fights? I keep thinking about that wrist injury....and the possibility of re-aggravating it.

On another note, I just watched Sheldon step in and pound O'Donnell to the ice for shoving Koivu. What a stand-up guy. This guy is worth his weight in gold, and I hope management realizes this when it comes time to re-sign. I sincerely hope that the era of throwing huge dollars at the Rivet's and Brisebois' of the team are long gone, and the deserving players get their fair share. Either way, love to see that 'big brother' watchfulness of this team!!

HOWEVER, I would really like to see a couple more guys with some size and muscle to take some of the burden off of guys like Souray, who are fast becoming marquee players. That would really suck if he got injured from beating someone!

Anyway, my final thought is this: may Sheldon retire in a Habs uniform.

RE-HABS 01-31-2004 08:46 PM

I don't think he would fight if he thought it would jeaporadize his career, I would hate to see him get a slash or a hit on the wrist.

He is smart enough to know when and when not to do something, plus I don't think he wants to retire just yet. Don't worry about Sheldon.

Habber 01-31-2004 08:54 PM

I'm not worried about Souray fighting at all, his wrist is fine. Fighting is a part of his game and although we don't want him fighting often, it's good to frop the gloves every so often, especially to protect teammates.

Native 02-01-2004 05:46 AM

I admire that fact that despite his wrist, Souray won't hesitate to come to the aid of a teammate. Actually, I admire any player who would do that. Under those conditions, winning or losing the fight doesn't matter to me. Still, I'd prefer that Souray didn't fight just because he's more valuable to us on the ice. I appreciate that Quintal has intervened a number of times to diffuse potential fights involving Souray and that's one aspect of Quintal that has made me view him in a better light.

I think back to when Zednik took that horrendous hit and (name omitted) was right there and didn't even lift a finger.

Cayouche5 02-01-2004 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native
I admire that fact that despite his wrist, Souray won't hesitate to come to the aid of a teammate. Actually, I admire any player who would do that. Under those conditions, winning or losing the fight doesn't matter to me. Still, I'd prefer that Souray didn't fight just because he's more valuable to us on the ice. I appreciate that Quintal has intervened a number of times to diffuse potential fights involving Souray and that's one aspect of Quintal that has made me view him in a better light.

I think back to when Zednik took that horrendous hit and (name omitted) was right there and didn't even lift a finger.

Brisebois was the player who was right there beside McLaren.

Medicine Twin 02-01-2004 12:35 PM

Brisebois was right beside McLaren eh? Wouldn't he have been off-side? The only player who was beside McLaren at the time was Zednik. There were 3 other Habs players on the ice besides Brisebois who didn't step up after the hit, yet nobody says anything about that.