HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Nick Spaling (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=484873)

RangerRed 02-26-2008 08:48 PM

Nick Spaling

Hi y'all! I'm actually a Kitchener Rangers fan, not necessarily a Nashville Predators fan but I do have a question which is Predators related. The Rangers are dealing with a situation where they would have 4 overagers next year, one of whom would be Predators prospect, Nick Spaling. From what I've seen of Spaling in six viewings so far this year, he exhibits a skill level that exceeds the competition currently afforded him in the OHL. Should Spaling be assigned to Nashville's AHL affiliate next year in your opinion?

Seth Lake 02-26-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerRed (Post 12782972)
Hi y'all! I'm actually a Kitchener Rangers fan, not necessarily a Nashville Predators fan but I do have a question which is Predators related. The Rangers are dealing with a situation where they would have 4 overagers next year, one of whom would be Predators prospect, Nick Spaling. From what I've seen of Spaling in six viewings so far this year, he exhibits a skill level that exceeds the competition currently afforded him in the OHL. Should Spaling be assigned to Nashville's AHL affiliate next year in your opinion?

Yes, should he be eligible (age), I believe he will be sent to Milwaukee to start his professional career. It's really good to hear that he has recovered well from his bout with mono and is back to form. I was disappointed that he was not able to participate in the WJC's this season, but look forward to following his career as it progresses.

Jarnberg 02-26-2008 09:16 PM

I've said it a few times, but I was really impressed with Spaling during our training camp. He looked very mature for his age.

RangerRed 02-26-2008 09:16 PM

Spaling has the potential, I think, to be a very solid and serviceable second liner for the Preds in three years or so. He looks to have added some muscle in the last year because when I saw him go toe to toe with Doughty last week in the Kitchener-Guelph game, Doughty looked to be having a hell of a time trying to get Spaling off the puck.

tulsytrid1 02-27-2008 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerRed (Post 12784092)
Spaling has the potential, I think, to be a very solid and serviceable second liner for the Preds in three years or so. He looks to have added some muscle in the last year because when I saw him go toe to toe with Doughty last week in the Kitchener-Guelph game, Doughty looked to be having a hell of a time trying to get Spaling off the puck.

Man, I hope so; we could use some more prospects on the F position.

mckly 03-05-2008 08:52 PM

I've actually played some street hockey against Nick and also seen him play a few times and his Mem. Cup experience will really help his progress. He has second line potential but he is more than likely to turn out as a solid third line, two way forward. As for if he will play for Milwaukee next year, he more than likely will.... but hey, i'd love to see him back in Kitchener!