HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan but... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=48526)

pld459666 02-01-2004 02:20 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan but...

I am going to start to root against the SATHER RAN RANGERS until they are officially eliminated.

I also have a ton of Rangers t-shirts that I pretty much wear whenever I'm not at work and will now put them away until after this clow is canned.

I hope that they do not win another game for the rest of the season and every game they play under the Sather watch.

for me, it starts today. :madfire: :madfire: :madfire: :madfire: :madfire:

Hankenstein 02-01-2004 02:23 AM

I'm fully with you on this one. After the game tonight, I've set my sights firmly on a HUGE meltdown. Anything that will get Sather and his garbage out of town.

sickboy35 02-01-2004 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pld459666
I am going to start to root against the SATHER RAN RANGERS until they are officially eliminated.

I also have a ton of Rangers t-shirts that I pretty much wear whenever I'm not at work and will now put them away until after this clow is canned.

I hope that they do not win another game for the rest of the season and every game they play under the Sather watch.

i have four rangers jersey's that i will not wear for the rest of the season or until sathers gone! whichever comes first! i'm tired of rooting hard for them and living my life around them, after tonight it's over!

Buffaloed 02-01-2004 02:53 AM

A salary cap will do for the Rangers what management can not; make a serious commitment to youth and inexpensive lunch bucket-type players. I'm sure the Rangers will still retain financial advantages under the new CBA (all teams won't be equal), but there will be enough restrictions to force fundamental changes in the way they construct their team. Although a new CBA may be intended to help small market teams, I expect the Rangers to benefit the most on the ice.

pld459666 02-01-2004 03:06 AM

I expect that to somewhat assist

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffaloed
A salary cap will do for the Rangers what management can not; make a serious commitment to youth and inexpensive lunch bucket-type players. I'm sure the Rangers will still retain financial advantages under the new CBA (all teams won't be equal), but there will be enough restrictions to force fundamental changes in the way they construct their team. Although a new CBA may be intended to help small market teams, I expect the Rangers to benefit the most on the ice.

in solving the issues that currently hang as an ugly albatross around the Rangers neck, but Sather and more specifically Dolan are the problems with this team.

Since I know that Cable vision is not going to sell this team (not with the battles they have had the Dolan winning the war) Dolan is here for as long as he wants. I just hope and pray that Charles Dolan slaps Lil Jimmy in the mouth and orders him to get this straightened out.

King Nothing* 02-01-2004 03:21 AM

Same here. I own 7 jersies and about 12 hats. In the attic with them. I will not longer support this nonsense called the NYR. Unfortunately, I am stuck with the remaining season tickets. BUUT, it gives me 17 more times to BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the Rangers and chant "FIRE SATHER!"

Enough is enough already! How in the world is this man still with the organization!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pld459666

nyr5186 02-01-2004 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffaloed

It really depends on the type of salary cap. If its a soft cap like in basketball, the Rangers would just become the hockey version of the Knicks. Dolan would have no problem paying the league every year for going over the cap, so not much would change. But if theres a hard cap like in the NFL, then I agree, it would save the Rangers from themselves by forcing them to rebuild. Its kind of a catch-22 because the NHL needs the Rangers to be good, but the amount of time it would take to rebuild this team the right way (think Ottawa) might be too damaging to the league. But from a Ranger fan's standpoint, I think a hard cap would benefit the team in the long run.

nyr5186 02-01-2004 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickboy35
i have four rangers jersey's that i will not wear for the rest of the season or until sathers gone! whichever comes first! i'm tired of rooting hard for them and living my life around them, after tonight it's over!

I'll take the other route on this one. I go to only about a handful of games a year, but when I do, I wear my Ranger jersey with pride and will continue to do so regardless of how pathetic the organization has become. Just because the owner, management, and players dont take pride in the jersey doesnt mean I wont.

Larry Melnyk 02-01-2004 04:45 AM

I've been a fan of this team for about 35 years, held season tickets for 6, and found every way possible to try and follow them while living overseas and in the SOuth the past 15 years or so......Yeah, I know some of you question my fandom, but it's how I cope now...Anyway, never until the last few years did I ever root for the Rangers to lose...That changed when I wanted Muckler gone, Blowzo the clown gone, and now the worst of all plagues on my Rangers--Glen Sather....I not only want the Rangers to lose every game, I want them humiliated and embarrassed at every turn..Even that might not get The Buffoon from Banf-ff-ff-ff. canned, but it's a fool's hope...And then there might be hope in Rangerland once again...

Bacchus 02-01-2004 04:48 AM

Losing a lot of games might be the only way for Slats getting canned.

And I want him getting canned!!!

NYRBlaznBure9 02-01-2004 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franz
Losing a lot of games might be the only way for Slats getting canned.

And I want him getting canned!!!

And not wearing Rangers memorabilia apparantley will do the trick, so be gone with me Rangers underwears and shirts! :yo:

Seriously, I think its funny how we get the, "I've been a fan for 7 years now.." like its an addiction as alcohol or crack. True fans wouldn't hop off the bandwagon when it rolllin through horse-*****. I still root for the team and will continue to, even though I do prefer a change over Sather.

sickboy35 02-01-2004 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRBlaznBure9
And not wearing Rangers memorabilia apparantley will do the trick, so be gone with me Rangers underwears and shirts! :yo:

Seriously, I think its funny how we get the, "I've been a fan for 7 years now.." like its an addiction as alcohol or crack. True fans wouldn't hop off the bandwagon when it rolllin through horse-*****. I still root for the team and will continue to, even though I do prefer a change over Sather.

it's not "jumping of the bandwagon?" what you have hear are some very upset fans of a once proud franchise, that have it up to the top of their heads with the way this team is run. i'll be a fan of the rangers till i die, but i refuse to support a man who could give two sh!ts about you or me! he dosen't care if your a fan? he dosen't care if i'm a fan! he just cares about himself and that he is never wrong, while he's completly ruining this franchise from top to bottom! when he goes alot of this talk will stop because maybe the next guy will actually have a plan, not throwing ***** at the wall to see if it sticks! this team has needed to be rebuilt from the time we traded for jari kurri! i've had it with sather and being the joke of the league! all my friends who are hockey fans, flyers26,devilboy666 and many others, all they do is laugh at me for still rooting for this team. i'm a proud man and will fight for everything i can and i defend this team to no end, but when they come out and play the way they have over the last ten games or so, oh hell the last 7 years! how can i defend them anymore? they don't seem to care, why should i? this team dosen't even practice for christ sakes! the specialty teams are non-existent, can't score on 5-on-3 to save their lifes, its pathetic! so when they actualy show some heart and passion, which sather seems to not believe in with the way he runs his lines and the amount of ice time he gives to floaters, i will not get upset anymore, because i want this guy fired and i want some lucky ranger fan to be the one who kicks him in his a$$ so hard it comes out his mouth, all the way back to baniff!! eff u sather! die!!

dedalus 02-01-2004 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRBlaznBure9
True fans wouldn't hop off the bandwagon when it rolllin through horse-*****. I still root for the team and will continue to, even though I do prefer a change over Sather.

Rah! Rah! Team!

Be agressive! B-EEEE agressive! B-E-A-GG-R-E-SS-I-V-E! Agressive! B-EEEE agressive!

R-A-N-G-E-R-S! RANGERSSSSSSSSS! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! Go team go!!!!!

Davisian 02-01-2004 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedalus
Rah! Rah! Team!

Be agressive! B-EEEE agressive! B-E-A-GG-R-E-SS-I-V-E! Agressive! B-EEEE agressive!

WE'VE GOT SPIRIT YES WE DO, WE'VE GOT SPIRIT, HOW BOUT YOU????????!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmmmm cheerleaders...

klingsor 02-01-2004 01:41 PM

Still root for them, but take no pleasure or hope in victories.

If losing will rid us of this arrogant, hypocritical, incompetent jackass, I'd take some pleasure and hope from that.

Davisian 02-01-2004 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klingsor
If losing will rid us of this arrogant, hypocritical, incompetent jackass, I'd take some pleasure and hope from that.

Yes, yes, we all are hoping to vote Bush out of office, but we're talking about Sather here..

Please try to keep up..

klingsor 02-01-2004 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
Yes, yes, we all are hoping to vote Bush out of office, but we're talking about Sather here..

Please try to keep up..

I stand corrected though I'm not the one who voted for Ralph Nader last time, am I?

Davisian 02-01-2004 01:59 PM

Quote:

I stand corrected though I'm not the one who voted for Ralph Nader last time, am I?

pfffttt..

So now we're adding Gore apologist to our resume are we??

Sincerely.

Sharpton in '04...

TKLOOCH22 02-01-2004 02:03 PM

Ditto. Same Here. Ditto.

Losing 3-1 games, but being close to tying it up does not signal a changing team or a team on the verge of a run, regardless of what Mr. Sather has to say. It is total bull**** that a team including Jagr, Rucinsky, Nedved, Kovalev, Holik, Messier and Leetch couldnt manage more than 4 goals in their last 3 games.

Mostly every game I watch the pathetic effort, wish for a loss and dream about Ovechkin, Malkin, Olesz, Wolski, Green, Meszaros, Barker and the likes.

Say we gave up high picks in 2005+2006 to land extra high picks in this years draft. Sorta like stock up on youth in the draft of 2004 and further the rebuilding process to be quicker? Instead of a first rounder in 2004, 2005+2006 you have 3 from 2004 and dont have to wait the next two years to get one.

Theres no hope, lol.

klingsor 02-01-2004 02:10 PM

Quote:

pfffttt..

So now we're adding Gore apologist to our resume are we??

Sincerely.

Sharpton in '04...

Ya got a gun with 2 bullets. Your choices are Sather, Sharpton and Bin Laden. What do you do?

Davisian 02-01-2004 02:14 PM

Quote:

Ya got a gun with 2 bullets. Your choices are Sather, Sharpton and Bin Laden. What do you do?

That's an easy Meatball..

Both Bullets go to Osama, then I pistol whip Sather and then (did I mention I was wearing gloves) I throw the pitsol over to Al who gets his mealy fingerprints all over it..

He won't do any time, since the nation is thankful he whacked Osama, and NY is thankful he whipped Sather, but it would take him out of the race..

Win, win, win..

klingsor 02-01-2004 02:20 PM

Quote:

That's an easy Meatball..

Both Bullets go to Osama, then I pistol whip Sather and then (did I mention I was wearing gloves) I throw the pitsol over to Al who gets his mealy fingerprints all over it..

He won't do any time, since the nation is thankful he whacked Osama, and NY is thankful he whipped Sather, but it would take him out of the race..

Win, win, win..

You're not keeping up, are you?

The obvious answer to any Ranger fan is to use both bullets on Sather to make sure that he's dead.

Davisian 02-01-2004 02:21 PM

Quote:

You're not keeping up, are you?

The obvious answer to any Ranger fan is to use both bullets on Sather to make sure that he's dead.

Bullets are too quick.. Pistol whipping is much more suited to release frustration..

klingsor 02-01-2004 02:27 PM

Quote:

Bullets are too quick.. Pistol whipping is much more suited to release frustration..

Point taken.

Nothing warms the cockles of my heart like a good, old-fashioned pistol-whippin'.

True Blue 02-01-2004 02:42 PM

Quote:

Please try to keep up..

Now I admit that I voted for Bush last time and will probably vote for him again. HOWEVER, it might be easier to get Bush out of the White House than Jackass off Broadway.