HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Time for Leetch to move on? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=48548)

DarthSather99 02-01-2004 04:08 AM

Time for Leetch to move on?
 
Nothing against him or his game because he plays hard always. It's a waste having him on this team that will never win while he's still playing. An overhaul will take a few years. Trading him at the deadline for a few prospects would be benefetial to the rangers and rejuvinate Leeth's game. Imagine playing for a winner?

pld459666 02-01-2004 04:13 AM

there's a list
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSather99
Nothing against him or his game because he plays hard always. It's a waste having him on this team that will never win while he's still playing. An overhaul will take a few years. Trading him at the deadline for a few prospects would be benefetial to the rangers and rejuvinate Leeth's game. Imagine playing for a winner?

a mile long of players that should be moved first. OTOH, if he requests to go somewhere else then by all means oblige

DarthSather99 02-01-2004 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pld459666
a mile long of players that should be moved first. OTOH, if he requests to go somewhere else then by all means oblige

yeah but Leetch is a player that teams would actually want ........so we'd get something decent for him. defensemen are at a premium at the trading deadline.

BDubinskyNYR17* 02-01-2004 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSather99
yeah but Leetch is a player that teams would actually want ........so we'd get something decent for him. defensemen are at a premium at the trading deadline.

Leetch would be good for a team like Colorado or Detroit or even San Jose


Maybe Leetch to Sharks for Davison and Niko Dimitrakos?? Davison is a big tough dman that hits and Dimikrakos is a festy player who has 39 games 6 goals 11 assist 33 PIM. Dimitrakos is a +13 that leads the Sharks.

Niko Dimitrankos

Hankenstein 02-01-2004 02:32 PM

Did his new deal get rid of the no trade clause? If so, I wouldn't be adverse to sending him out to a contender at the deadline.

True Blue 02-01-2004 02:35 PM

Time for everyone to move on. I have been against dealing Leetch as he could be the greatest Ranger that ever lived, however the B's don't look too upset that they dealt Bourque. Not many people associate him w/ the 'Lanche. I say that if we can get a Bourque/Blake - type of return, let's see if we can get Brian to agree. I knew that we should have dealt Lindros when he was playing well. I knew that we should have traded Poti right after he scored those 2 OT goals. Time to blow this up. It is pretty evident that barring a miracle short of God Almighty coming down and pointing towards the Rangers, this season is going to be the worst of the last 7. Let's at least make it count in the draft and if we can even unload others.
Anyone think that if we picked up another $10m, that Jagr could be traded? Think of it, the 'Caps are picking up $20m. If we pick up another $10, whatever team takes him would essentially be paying him around $3m per year.

Davisian 02-01-2004 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
Time for everyone to move on.


Agreed..

It's nothing against Leetch, and it would be sad to see him go, but its time for the organization to move on..

RANGER#11 02-01-2004 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
Agreed..

It's nothing against Leetch, and it would be sad to see him go, but its time for the organization to move on..

The organization can move on and still keep there greatest RANGER ever (my opinion) if we rebiuld it would be nice to have a true ranger with some heart and guts on the ice for leadership and lets face it he is the only one I can think of that fits the bill.

Davisian 02-01-2004 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RANGER#11
The organization can move on and still keep there greatest RANGER ever (my opinion) if we rebiuld it would be nice to have a true ranger with some heart and guts on the ice for leadership and lets face it he is the only one I can think of that fits the bill.

I don't disagree, but those reasons are why he may also be the best chip available..

Hankenstein 02-01-2004 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
I don't disagree, but those reasons are why he may also be the best chip available..

I think he is the best chip, but as I asked before, does he still have the no trade clause?

Davisian 02-01-2004 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobis13
I think he is the best chip, but as I asked before, does he still have the no trade clause?


No..

As far as I know, with his new deal, he can be traded..

RANGER#11 02-01-2004 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
I don't disagree, but those reasons are why he may also be the best chip available..

I agree but I would just hate to see him go I feel he would make a great mentor on a young RANGER team (even writing young ranger team looks odd). Something I do not see us doing anyway but sure would like to see.

DarthSather99 02-01-2004 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
No..

As far as I know, with his new deal, he can be traded..

I know back when Leetch was re-siging his new contract Sather was vehemate(sp) about not giving a "no trade clause" to anybody. He wanted manueverability in building the team. I don't believe Leetch has a no trade clause.

kazo 02-01-2004 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RANGER#11
I agree but I would just hate to see him go I feel he would make a great mentor on a young RANGER team (even writing young ranger team looks odd). Something I do not see us doing anyway but sure would like to see.

We don't need a mentor, we need young players in quality and quantity.

Three years ago I wanted to try to get Brian to waive his no trade. Now, he no longer has that clause. He still has value, though less that a couple of years ago. Out of respect for Brian I would trade him to a potential contender but I would definately move him and ASAP while he still has some value.

dedalus 02-01-2004 07:05 PM

I've been a staunch advocate of keeping Leetch for many of the reasons already listed. That said, it's time to move him. Yes it would be great to have him retire in the Blueshirt (although trading him doesn't entirely negate that possibility), but the team's future has to be the priority. I don't believe that Leetch is an active element in the poisonous environment at MSG, but IMO all remnants of the '94 team and the mindset that seems to have come out of it have to go.

It's time to erase the Oiler/Ranger past and build a new 21st century Rangers organization.

Brooklyn Ranger 02-02-2004 02:43 AM

If Leetch is willing to stay, I'd rather him stay and retire a Ranger.

kazo 02-02-2004 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
If Leetch is willing to stay, I'd rather him stay and retire a Ranger.

Sentimentality is fine but what good does having Leetch on the team do for you if that team is going nowhere. And you could say the same thing about at least a half dozen other guys on this roster.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-02-2004 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
If Leetch is willing to stay, I'd rather him stay and retire a Ranger.

I agree.

Edge 02-02-2004 04:39 PM

i'd love to see leetch retire a ranger but the other part of me would rather see him go and get another crack at a cup and show the world he is still a good player.

Brooklyn Ranger 02-02-2004 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazo
Sentimentality is fine but what good does having Leetch on the team do for you if that team is going nowhere. And you could say the same thing about at least a half dozen other guys on this roster.

There is no team here and honestly I really could care less about the thirtysomething mercernaries (including Kovalev at this point) who are currently on the roster here. Leetch is different--he's home-grown and I've watched him from the beginning. We've been through the best and the worst together. I want him to stay and hopefully be part of the re-birth of this franchise. To me, he's just about the only thing left that truly represents the Rangers. I could care less about what his value is to another team, because his value to me as a Ranger is so much greater.

If he needs to leave, I can understand that. But, as far as I'm concerned he's the one player who should have the right to decide his own future. And if he's willing to stay, I'll be forever grateful.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.