HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Most durable one piece stick (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=485779)

JorgeRocks! 02-28-2008 03:55 PM

Most durable one piece stick

What in your mind is the most durable one piece stick. I am looking to buy a new one and searching for two things
1. durability
2. and a great shoooting stick

If someone could recommend something that has those two qualities, and maybe what is the longest lasting one pice you have, how long you have had it, and how often you use it. much appreciated

Nosebleed Section 02-28-2008 04:02 PM

I'd go with the Easton Sl or St. I've owned both and they've been great sticks for me. Some people have had quips with the Sl but mine lasted pretty much a full year playing 15U midget and competitive roller hockey. The St i've just gotten recently so I personally haven't expeirence its durability but its been pretty highly praised from what I gather. I also had an Easton Sicore in bantam that lasted a long time. I've heard some good things about the one90 too.

stick9 02-28-2008 04:06 PM

Warrior Dolomite.

JorgeRocks! 02-28-2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stick9 (Post 12819982)
Warrior Dolomite.

Have you ever had a dolomite?

From a friend who has both a Stealth CNT and a dolomite, he says there is no comparison between the two, the stealth is way better. his dolomite has lasted him a whole year but with minimal use, but the blade on his stealth lasted him like a month. (he still has the stick). a couple other buddies stealths have lasted about a month, but one horror story for sure, a relative who plays four times a week has gone through get this, 10!!! Easton sticks this year!
but I also have a buddy with a stealth cnt, but his has lasted him a whole year and a half and he is very hard on his sticks.
so i dunno...

Bob Clarke Fan Club 02-28-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeRocks! (Post 12820118)

From a friend who has both a Stealth CNT and a dolomite, he says there is no comparison between the two, the stealth is way better. his dolomite has lasted him a whole year but with minimal use, but the blade on his stealth lasted him like a month. (he still has the stick). a couple other buddies stealths have lasted about a month, but one horror story for sure, a relative who plays four times a week has gone through get this, 10!!! Easton sticks this year!
but I also have a buddy with a stealth cnt, but his has lasted him a whole year and a half and he is very hard on his sticks.
so i dunno...

I've used a Dolemite pretty much all year and it's the best one piece stick I've ever had. I've had the original Synergy and the original Stealth as well. It's all opinion based but the Dolemite is a pure weapon. If you get a chance try one out. 3 Coworkers use different warrioes and they all swear by them. This stick is on the rise and they're popping up all over the NHL.

Nosebleed Section 02-28-2008 06:14 PM

I have a mac daddy right now but I heard there not too durable. Love the performance though.

JorgeRocks! 02-28-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Mojorisin (Post 12822013)
I have a mac daddy right now but I heard there not too durable. Love the performance though.

i hear they are just repainted xxxs, and my xxx did not last to long at all. but i would go for a dolomite because i believe the fused one piece sticks last longer than the true one piece ones, and they are usually cheaper. plus the dolomite is like all the rage in the nhl right now so it has to be pretty good...

Plebeian 02-28-2008 06:45 PM

I use a CNT and i have a fealing it's gonna break soon (had for 3 months and there is a crack in the shaft)

But the Vapor XXX or XXXX is a really durable stick from what i here

Bluelineswinships 02-28-2008 07:15 PM

defintily a ccm vector
i had a 110 not sure if they still make em but i had mine for a good 2and a half years
and i played three times a week

Nosebleed Section 02-28-2008 07:25 PM

I'm not sure what exactly the dolomite is but I heard it was a true 2 peice just painted over. Like I've heard of guys breaking the shaft and takeing the blade out. I'm not sure if thats true or not. I sure as hell hope Macdaddys aren't repainted Vapor XXX's cause I broke 2 of those in like 3 weeks.

Little Nilan 02-28-2008 07:38 PM

I'd like to know some tips too, or at least my girlfriend wants me to. I don't have accuracy problems though, I always shoot straight on the bullseye.

XweekendwarriorX 02-28-2008 07:48 PM

TPS R8 without a dobt the best stick out there. a lower end stick like R6 is great value for the money.

bpower 02-28-2008 09:14 PM

I'm using a TPS R8 right now and I love the stick, but the blade is starting to chip after only a few games.

I used the Trilage Z4 previously and I have to say it's still my favorite by far, and I will be picking up another shortly.

If you are unfamiliar with the Trilage, www.trilage.com.

The shaft is a little different and something some people might have to get used to, but it's the most comfortable stick I've ever used.

kingpest19 02-28-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Mojorisin (Post 12823813)
I'm not sure what exactly the dolomite is but I heard it was a true 2 peice just painted over. Like I've heard of guys breaking the shaft and takeing the blade out. I'm not sure if thats true or not. I sure as hell hope Macdaddys aren't repainted Vapor XXX's cause I broke 2 of those in like 3 weeks.

Thats the huge majority of OPS on the market. Theres only been a few true one piece sticks made. Right now i think the only true one piece out there is the S17. Almost all OPS are fused 2 pieces. Thats why you can continue to use the shafts after the blade breaks.

We'reGonnaWin* 02-28-2008 11:02 PM

TPS shafts and Innovative (aka Warrior) blades are my picks.

stick9 02-29-2008 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeRocks! (Post 12820118)

so i dunno...

Two actually. One was my main stick for over a year. In fact I still have it. It's my back up. The other I sold (didn't like the pattern). I still use a Warrior Dolo blade in my Vapor tapered shaft.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Mojorisin

Like other have said, most one piece composite sticks are a shaft and blade fused together.

The MacDaddy is the old Inno True-1. It's a true one piece stick so if you break the blade you can't replace it.

southpaw24 02-29-2008 12:57 PM

I have a TPS response that i bought 4 years ago, the blade finally broke off last season but i think it did very well for the 2 and a half seasons. Being said thats with it being played in 40 Juvinile games who knows how many practices, a game of pickup every week from october to march, and about 20-30 games in my beer league a year, so its seen a lot of use.

lotus 02-29-2008 01:28 PM

I own a Synergy ST and two Dolomites. They are both absolute tanks. But I think the ST is in a class of its own above all others.

hockey1 03-03-2008 06:25 AM

I put a lot of abuse on my sticks and the one that constantly holds up the best is the RBK sickick(7K)

Burnaby_Joe* 03-03-2008 07:43 AM

I've never tried any other brand other than Easton, so I don't really know. My Stealths have lasted over 2 seasons, but my buddy broke his Stealth in 4 games. :biglaugh:

After these Stealths break, I'm going back with two piece sticks.

jdmef8vtec* 03-03-2008 08:59 AM

RBK 6k going on 2 yrs playin 3-4 times a week all year round. 2 4ks that i played with before all 3 sticks are still fully playable, love my RBK's not the lightest sticks, but best feel and durability, imo, havent broken one yet compared to 3 vapors and 1 synergy. Any stick that bends half way through the shaft are junk, RBKS are solid the whole shaft except for the new cheap Crosby ones.

slapsh0t77 03-06-2008 10:46 PM

The most durable one piece composite stick is without a doubt the Easton Synergy ST. It is a little heavier than most composite sticks, but it is very well balanced and a pretty good shooters stick.