HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Perreault Traded??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=48718)

Firthbird 02-01-2004 08:56 PM

Perreault Traded???

I was watching the Montreal/Chicago on TSN, and Pierre McGuire said that Yanic Perreault was not in the line-up because Julien wanted to put Kilger in. Now in my opinion, Perreault is a better player than Kilger, so what is Julien doing putting Kilger in? Could this be a trade in the making, that is almost completed??

Now I've heared lots of rumors to where he is going? Obviously I do not see him being traded in the East. It might come back to bite them in the but later on. So it must be the west , if he goes anywhere.

Thoughts anybody?

KOMO_ROCKS 02-01-2004 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plekanec
Koivu
Ribeiro
Juneau
Begin

No place for Perreault, as simple as it!

Exactly...I dont mind seeing Kilger leave as well ;)

GhostOfTheForum 02-01-2004 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firthbird
I was watching the Montreal/Chicago on TSN, and Pierre McGuire said that Yanic Perreault was not in the line-up because Julien wanted to put Kilger in. Now in my opinion, Perreault is a better player than Kilger, so what is Julien doing putting Kilger in? Could this be a trade in the making, that is almost completed??

Now I've heared lots of rumors to where he is going? Obviously I do not see him being traded in the East. It might come back to bite them in the but later on. So it must be the west , if he goes anywhere.

Thoughts anybody?

here is the way I look at it
if you were going to seriously think of trading Perrault and wanted to showcase him in a game, this would have been the game to play him in
well, it looked like it until the third *LOL*

I think there was not room on the team for him, the lines are full now Begin is back

which means are they going to keep him just for insurance?

so, either way I do think he'll go soon at least by the trade deadline

go habsgo 02-01-2004 10:03 PM

Quote:

Thoughts anybody?

jcpenny 02-02-2004 12:47 AM

Quote:

Thoughts anybody?

On a 4th line kilger is more effective than perrault and other than winning draws and miss open nets Kilger is more useful.

Natural Habs Fan 02-02-2004 06:22 AM

I'd take Perrault

Year Team League GP G A Pts +/- PIM Shots Sh%
2003-04 Montreal NHL 45 9 10 19 -5 28 66 13.64
2002-03 Montreal NHL 73 24 22 46 -11 30 145 16.55
2001-02 Montreal NHL 82 27 29 56 -3 40 156 17.31
2000-01 Toronto NHL 76 24 28 52 0 52 134 17.91

over Kilger

2003-04 Montreal NHL 32 2 2 4 +3 12 24 8.33
2003-04 Hamilton AHL 2 1 0 1 -1 0 5 20.00
2002-03 Montreal NHL 60 9 7 16 -4 21 60 15.00
2001-02 Montreal NHL 75 8 15 23 -7 27 87 9.20
2000-01 Montreal NHL 43 9 16 25 -1 34 75 12.00

Estimated_Prophet 02-02-2004 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
I'd take Perrault

2003-04 Montreal NHL 45 9 10 19 -5 28 66 13.64
2002-03 Montreal NHL 73 24 22 46 -11 30 145 16.55
2001-02 Montreal NHL 82 27 29 56 -3 40 156 17.31
2000-01 Toronto NHL 76 24 28 52 0 52 134 17.91

over Kilger

2003-04 Montreal NHL 32 2 2 4 +3 12 24 8.33
2003-04 Hamilton AHL 2 1 0 1 -1 0 5 20.00
2002-03 Montreal NHL 60 9 7 16 -4 21 60 15.00
2001-02 Montreal NHL 75 8 15 23 -7 27 87 9.20
2000-01 Montreal NHL 43 9 16 25 -1 34 75 12.00

What a ridiculous comparison. Using the same logic then I guess we should get rid of Begin and use Kilger as our 4th line center ;) . The fact is that Perreault simply is not scoring and if he is not scoring he is almost completely useless. People over-value his faceoff prowess because Perreault is rarely used for big defensive zone faceoffs as he still loses close to 40% of his draws and that is too big of a risk to take considering the considerable defensive defficiencies in Perreault's game. On Kilger's worst nights he is still a defensively responsible player who can skate with anyone in the NHL. I really like the combination of Begin and Kilger as they are both strong skaters and Begins enthusiasm seems to motivate Kilger to be a little more physical. In the playoffs it is unlikely that Langdon will be dressed as it is very common for goons to sit in the pressbox during the playoffs due to the fact that fighting is virtually eliminated from the game once the regular season concludes. I think we have the makings of a very strong 4th line of Dackell/Begin/Kilger that would match up well against any other 4th line in the league and it wouldn't be disasterous if this line got matched up on the road against a scoring line as all 3 players are capable of playing an above average defensive game.

I have also noticed that teams are really cutting down Dagenais' space and not allowing him to release his big shot which has me thinking that this 1 trick pony may be out of tricks. I was thinking that Julien could rotate Perreault and Dagenais on Ribeiro's wing with the player who is producing getting to stay in the lineup and the other watching from the press box. Perreault is actually a slightly better skater than Dagenais and like Dagenais, also has a great shot. The difference with having Perreault play in Dagenais' spot is Perreault could take faceoffs for Ribeiro as Ribeiro is absolutely brutal in the faceoff circle and once the play is started Ribeiro would slide back into the center position with Perreault taking over Ribeiro's wing. I am not a fan of Dagenais or Perreault but this may be a way to keep these slugs motivated and will also ensure that only one of these clowns is in the lineup at any given time.

5_for_fighting 02-02-2004 02:21 PM

Quote:

Thoughts anybody?

there's zero interrest in Perreault around the league. if there was, he'd be gone a long time ago :dunno:

All-Star 02-02-2004 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5_for_fighting
there's zero interrest in Perreault around the league. if there was, he'd be gone a long time ago :dunno:

You don't know that for sure because he hasn't been placed on waivers. The closer we get to the deadline, the better Perreault will look to other teams. It is still way too early in the season to trade a guy like Perreault.

GhostOfTheForum 02-02-2004 04:26 PM

everybody check your e-mails, I'm sure we must have offers to be scouts

but seriously, give him time, he is not doing that bad

deandebean 02-02-2004 04:29 PM

Quote:

Thoughts anybody?

He was not dressed because Julien wanted more involvement in the play from him.

jcpenny 02-02-2004 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet
What a ridiculous comparison. Using the same logic then I guess we should get rid of Begin and use Kilger as our 4th line center ;) . The fact is that Perreault simply is not scoring and if he is not scoring he is almost completely useless. People over-value his faceoff prowess because Perreault is rarely used for big defensive zone faceoffs as he still loses close to 40% of his draws and that is too big of a risk to take considering the considerable defensive defficiencies in Perreault's game. On Kilger's worst nights he is still a defensively responsible player who can skate with anyone in the NHL. I really like the combination of Begin and Kilger as they are both strong skaters and Begins enthusiasm seems to motivate Kilger to be a little more physical. In the playoffs it is unlikely that Langdon will be dressed as it is very common for goons to sit in the pressbox during the playoffs due to the fact that fighting is virtually eliminated from the game once the regular season concludes. I think we have the makings of a very strong 4th line of Dackell/Begin/Kilger that would match up well against any other 4th line in the league and it wouldn't be disasterous if this line got matched up on the road against a scoring line as all 3 players are capable of playing an above average defensive game.

I have also noticed that teams are really cutting down Dagenais' space and not allowing him to release his big shot which has me thinking that this 1 trick pony may be out of tricks. I was thinking that Julien could rotate Perreault and Dagenais on Ribeiro's wing with the player who is producing getting to stay in the lineup and the other watching from the press box. Perreault is actually a slightly better skater than Dagenais and like Dagenais, also has a great shot. The difference with having Perreault play in Dagenais' spot is Perreault could take faceoffs for Ribeiro as Ribeiro is absolutely brutal in the faceoff circle and once the play is started Ribeiro would slide back into the center position with Perreault taking over Ribeiro's wing. I am not a fan of Dagenais or Perreault but this may be a way to keep these slugs motivated and will also ensure that only one of these clowns is in the lineup at any given time.

Perrault LW? never. This guy in fact is a bit like Dagenais, aside from his ability to score and take draws he's useless. I could live without his face-offs skills and hope that the other centers pick up the slack.

Natural Habs Fan 02-03-2004 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet
What a ridiculous comparison.

I wouldn't say that it's ridiculous. Kilger is in his place as a 4th line checker. Give Perrault a couple wingers and scoring line ice time and he can score.