HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Balej send down, Dykhuis called up (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=48902)

oli500 02-02-2004 05:58 PM

Balej send down, Dykhuis called up

According to rds.ca balej was send down and Dykhuis was called up.
I dont know why the "/$$%? they would call up dykhuis. Is theire a trade going down soone????

Marc the Habs Fan 02-02-2004 06:03 PM

There better freaking be a trade in the works or something. If they play Dykhuis over Komo they should just send the kid down and stop messing around with him. IT'S THE PENGUINS WE ARE FACING, we can survive with Komo in the lineup in the 6th spot. Heck, our best stretch of the year came with him in the lineup.

Balej got a taste of the NHL, he knows what to work on and now he can go back to dominating the A. Plus the article on RDS.ca says Gratton practiced today(good news for the Dogs since we have no need for him anymore with Begin back) and Dacks didn't make the trip.

Bob Bastards 02-02-2004 06:03 PM

I post a thread and delete it after I seen your... I hope Komi will play and not him, I have seen enought of him for a long time. Bouillon did not made the trip for personal reason. As for Balej, it was the resonable thing to do, since he will need some time to mature but he seem on the good track.

scosar 02-02-2004 06:13 PM

I hope Komi will play and not him,

I still can't believe how much Komi is sitting. Come next year we are going to have Komi and Hainsey basically as rookies while the rest of the team will (hopefully) be competing for 1st in the East. We would be much better off playing them this year and letting them grow from their mistakes.

For all those of you who keep pointing out Hainsey makes more mistakes than Bouillon, I agree and he will next year if he doesn't get a call this year. BUT how many more points do you think the goal scoring challenged Habs would have this year with Hainsey setting up the forwards vs Bouillon. I don't know how many times I see Bouillon pinch in and not score on a shot or fire passes in the opposing end that go nowhere near the open forward and think even Dykhuis would generate more offence than the cube. Two years ago Karl was one of our best dmen last year he most definitely was not. I still would take him over the cube.

TroyM 02-02-2004 06:23 PM

How big is Dykhuis anyway? I really wish Komi would play, he's at the age where defenseman usually come in to their own :dunno:

Marc the Habs Fan 02-02-2004 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyM
How big is Dykhuis anyway?

6'3' 214 but it doesn't matter since he plays like he's 5'5' 160 most of the time.

Plus he can't make a good first pass if his life depended on it. Always off the boards.

Arrrrrrrgh just the thought of him playing once again for us makes me want to puke. He's deadwood, nothing more. :cry:

Habber 02-02-2004 06:35 PM

This doesn't make any sense at all, unless someone is hurt or about to be traded. There's no way that both Dykhuis and Komi should be on the roster. If you want to send Komi down and bring up Dykhuis to sit, fine, but don't let Dykhuis play and sit Komi.

TroyM 02-02-2004 06:35 PM

Haha, better than Traverse though :dunno:

Marc the Habs Fan 02-02-2004 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyM
Haha, better than Traverse though :dunno:

My 15 year old brother who barely plays hockey would probably do better than Traverse. :joker:

Habber, dunno if you caught the news but Bouillon is not making the trip to Pittsburgh due to personal problems.

eddy 02-02-2004 06:40 PM

I really hope the only reason he is being called up is to showcase him for a trade because if theres any Defence from Hamilton that should be called up it should be Hainsey, he's been playing well. I for one also hope he doens't take Komo's spot but if it's just for a game or two so he can get traded i'd be all for it.

Tuggy 02-02-2004 06:45 PM

Maybe I am the only one would likes this move....personally right now I would rather have Dykhuis playing ahead of Bouillon and Quintal. I still that Dykhuis can be an effective defenseman in the NHL, he certainly isn't small and possesses much better offensive skills then Bouillon and Quintal. But still this move doesn't seems strange we now 8 defenseman up with the big club :dunno:

BG have something up his sleeve perhaps?

Medicine Twin 02-02-2004 06:53 PM

If Dykhuis is up, then why is Komi still there?

Habsolution 02-02-2004 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medicine Twin
If Dykhuis is up, then why is Komi still there?

I guess they don't want to play Komisarek on the left side anymore.

Firthbird 02-02-2004 08:16 PM

Maybe the reports are true that Montreal is looking for a D-man! maybe they are using Dykhuis as a spare until they acquire somebody...

Very Interesting Move though :eek:

Team_Spirit 02-02-2004 08:16 PM

We don't need 8 d-man ... wtf !!

Kerberos* 02-02-2004 08:43 PM

I am probably the first one that is for bringing up dykhuis. The fact is that he's been doing pretty good down there and it would be unfair to him if we overlooked him just because we don't like him as much as our rookies. Plus it gives a message to Hainsey that he is not necessarily the one that will get called up if there is a need for defensemen: he needs to work hard.

Munchausen 02-02-2004 09:28 PM

Not that I disagree completely, but Hainsey IMO is clearly Hamilton's best Dman right now so what does this say to him though? Don't bother to work hard cause we're going to call up our vets first anyway?

Dutchy 02-02-2004 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
Not that I disagree completely, but Hainsey IMO is clearly Hamilton's best Dman right now so what does this say to him though? Don't bother to work hard cause we're going to call up our vets first anyway?

Maybe he still has some attitude problems...

Just guessing, frankly.

Agalloch 02-02-2004 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen

But Hainsey is a right defenseman and Dykhuis has been call up to replace Bouillon(who is a left defenseman) or only be a substitute.

I think there's nothing to see in that move. A routine one IMO.

J-D 02-02-2004 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy
Maybe I am the only one would likes this move....personally right now I would rather have Dykhuis playing ahead of Bouillon and Quintal. I still that Dykhuis can be an effective defenseman in the NHL, he certainly isn't small and possesses much better offensive skills then Bouillon and Quintal. But still this move doesn't seems strange we now 8 defenseman up with the big club :dunno:

BG have something up his sleeve perhaps?

Maybe BG will send Karl down when Bouillon comes back; he has to go through waiver wire, one team might take a chance for some depth here.

PS: St4ticx, Hainsey is left-handed.

Guy Caballero 02-02-2004 09:49 PM

I have a feeling Julien doesn't like the idea of having two rookie defensemen in the line up. That's why Hainsey didn't get the call. It's no big deal, really, as Dykhuis seems to have shored up on the fundamentals and improved defensively over last season.

However, this Bouillon thing could be serious. If it were a one-game absence, there would have been no need to call up Dykhuis; Komisarek simply would have taken Bouillon's place against the Pens. But if they need another Dman on the roster, Francis may be out for a while, maybe for the entire road trip coming up next week.

Dykhuis and Bouillon shoot from the same side, but I don't think that's enough of a factor to call someone up for a single game. Komisarek could do the switch, and so could Quintal.

Munchausen 02-02-2004 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st4ticx
But Hainsey is a right defenseman and Dykhuis has been call up to replace Bouillon(who is a left defenseman) or only be a substitute.

I think there's nothing to see in that move. A routine one IMO.

Hainsey is a left Dman.

zurg999 02-02-2004 10:14 PM

Any chance Dykhuis qualifies as an emergency call up and won't be subject to waivers if he is sent back down?

I think he has to be #1 or #2 with the Dogs right now. Hainsey is getting an incredible amount of ice time, but it's easy to see he still needs some sharpening. I have no doubt Dykhuis could step in with the big club tomorrow without hurting us.

Also can't forget that we need to maintain some depth in the system, for injuries/ playoffs. Everyone loved him 2 seasons ago, and I think it would be a shame to see him lost to another team without some compensation.

RichardZednik#20 02-02-2004 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zurg999
Everyone loved him 2 seasons ago.

Not me ;) .

Habs 02-02-2004 10:29 PM

If it means Boullion sitting out a few, I'm all for it.