HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Legwand Injured (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=489420)

Jared Ramsden 03-08-2008 01:39 AM

Legwand Injured

I posted this in the Game Day Thread you guys had for the game tonight, but I'll post it again here....I saw Legwand on event level after the game on crutches with one of those walking boot casts on his foot (right foot i think)....Wasn't putting any weight on it at all....

Basher 03-08-2008 04:03 AM

Cal get his chance now?

trotzian brow 03-08-2008 08:26 AM

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...03/1002/SPORTS

Legwand going in for x-rays...not good.

barrytrotzsneck 03-08-2008 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basher (Post 12977273)
Cal get his chance now?

that's what i'd like to see, but i think more likely they'll bump nichol up to that line, call up peverley and let him play with hordichuk and smithson, and we'll be back to a one line team.

fogducker 03-08-2008 11:58 AM

how long is he out for?

barrytrotzsneck 03-08-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fogducker (Post 12979203)
how long is he out for?

we don't know yet. he's getting x-rays today. it could be nothing, it could be major.

PredsV82 03-08-2008 03:26 PM

honestly, without Legwand we dont have the talent to roll 4 full lines... call up or no callup I think we need to consider moving Bonk up with Erat and Hlavac, let Rads come back to the Arnott/Dumont line, have Nichol/Toots/Fiddler as our third line with Smithson playing mainly on the PK or in situations where we need two centers out for a draw, and Hordi playing sparingly. Leave Bochenski scratched, dress 7 D-men and have VK and Zanon play PP and PK respectively, with ES time for the d-men dependent on matchups.

(I put this on the "other" board but got no comment so I was wondering what you folks thought)

Enoch 03-08-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 12982713)
honestly, without Legwand we dont have the talent to roll 4 full lines... call up or no callup I think we need to consider moving Bonk up with Erat and Hlavac, let Rads come back to the Arnott/Dumont line, have Nichol/Toots/Fiddler as our third line with Smithson playing mainly on the PK or in situations where we need two centers out for a draw, and Hordi playing sparingly. Leave Bochenski scratched, dress 7 D-men and have VK and Zanon play PP and PK respectively, with ES time for the d-men dependent on matchups.

(I put this on the "other" board but got no comment so I was wondering what you folks thought)

I would dress Bochenski. I think he would be a perfect fit with Erat.....Yeah he doesn't finish very well, but he goes to the net and is 100% hustle.

predperson 03-08-2008 04:37 PM

Horrible news.....horrible.

Paranoid Android 03-08-2008 05:00 PM

Rads was back on the RAD line midway through the 3rd for the rest of the game FYI.

If it was my choice I'd stick peverly in between erat and hlavac. If that doesn't work nichol deserves a shot, but I'd hate to break up any chemistry our 3rd line has so bonk would be my second choice.

Just Puckin Around 03-08-2008 05:47 PM

%#*@!!! Hope it's not serious. I wonder when they'll annouce.

Seth Lake 03-08-2008 06:38 PM

X-Rays NEGATIVE!!! Leggy is to undergo further testing in Nashville on Monday, but for now the hope remains that David has only a very bad bruise. Doubtful for the Detroit game on Sunday, the Predators expect no recalls.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...17/1002/SPORTS

PredsV82 03-08-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 12986979)
X-Rays NEGATIVE!!! Leggy is to undergo further testing in Nashville on Monday, but for now the hope remains that David has only a very bad bruise. Doubtful for the Detroit game on Sunday, the Predators expect no recalls.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...17/1002/SPORTS

handtrick can clarify but I assume the further tests will either be an MRI or possibly even a bone scan to look for a subtle fracture that didnt show up on plain x-rays

PredsV82 03-08-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 12983206)
I would dress Bochenski. I think he would be a perfect fit with Erat.....Yeah he doesn't finish very well, but he goes to the net and is 100% hustle.

so what do you do with Hlavac? would you still have bonk centering erat and bochenski?

Enoch 03-08-2008 08:08 PM

What exactly did he injure? If it was a knee, a physical exam should be good enough to have a basic diagnosis. If it is an ankle, the x-rays not showing anything, might just rule out a fracture - not a ligament issue. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Seth Lake 03-08-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 12988691)
What exactly did he injure? If it was a knee, a physical exam should be good enough to have a basic diagnosis. If it is an ankle, the x-rays not showing anything, might just rule out a fracture - not a ligament issue. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Right foot.

Seth Lake 03-08-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 12988434)
handtrick can clarify but I assume the further tests will either be an MRI or possibly even a bone scan to look for a subtle fracture that didnt show up on plain x-rays

As I said, the hope still is that it is just a bad bruise, however I'm sure as the swelling goes down and with further diagnostic testing...should there be a break...they will find it Monday.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that Leggy won't miss major time.

Seth Lake 03-08-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 12988455)
so what do you do with Hlavac? would you still have bonk centering erat and bochenski?

Hlavac stays with Erat and I think Bonk centers them with Erat having extra defensive responsibilities against Detroit. Bochenski steps in on the Nichol line and the fourth line is comprised of Smithson centering Hordichuk and Fiddler.

Or you could go with 7 defensemen and 11 forwards...

Enoch 03-08-2008 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 12989578)
Right foot.

Well x-rays would have ruled out any major fractures. I would assume they would have checked up high for any fibular injuries near the knee joint. My guess is that an MRI is going to check for any ligamental injuries. Again here, there are plenty of physical tests that should let them know which, if any, were damaged. An MRI will probably just confirm anything they are suspicious of.

PredsV82 03-08-2008 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 12992107)
Well x-rays would have ruled out any major fractures. I would assume they would have checked up high for any fibular injuries near the knee joint. My guess is that an MRI is going to check for any ligamental injuries. Again here, there are plenty of physical tests that should let them know which, if any, were damaged. An MRI will probably just confirm anything they are suspicious of.

unless i misread, they thought he broke his foot blocking a shot. you probably wouldnt expect ligament injury from that. plain xrays dont always show 'hairline' non-displaced fractures, so I suspect thats what they are looking for with the additional tests.

Seth Lake 03-09-2008 12:43 AM

You gotta love having a couple of doctors and a medical student talking injuries in hockey on our boards. Gives us all a little extra insight.

PredsV82 03-09-2008 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 12993835)
You gotta love having a couple of doctors and a medical student talking injuries in hockey on our boards. Gives us all a little extra insight.

I take it Enoch is the Med student? What school?

Basher 03-09-2008 03:28 AM

virginia tech

Seth Lake 03-09-2008 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 12994462)

As Basher said, Virginia Tech. I don't remember his area of concentration...but I know he isn't going to be a booger picker! ;)

Seth Lake 03-09-2008 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 12994462)

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...och+med+school

This is the thread with all Enoch's info on med school and people sending their wishes from last year.