HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Roller Hockey Skates (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=490272)

Diskothek 03-10-2008 11:33 AM

Roller Hockey Skates

Ayo!

Looking into getting some new skates for roller hockey. I've tried some different skates at stores and 8.0 seems to be the best fit for most brands for me. A little weird since my shoe size is 8-10, depending on brand. Right now I have Reebok shoes that are 9's and their 8.0 skates fit me very well.

Just wondering what brands you folks like best. The RBK seemed nicest to me, but I can't get a super nice model since I'm trying to limit myself to around 100 USD.

Also, this seems to be a problem for me with any skate I use, be it ice or roller, but my ankle seems to have very little support no matter what since I have weak/thin ankles and there's always a lot of room in the skate and I'll wobble a lot. Anyone know of any remedies to this other than wearing like 3 pairs of socks? hah!

We'reGonnaWin* 03-10-2008 05:35 PM

You say you've tried on the different brands: Mission, RBK, CCM, Tour, Bauer.

Pick the one with the most narrow ankles, locks down your ankles and doesn't have too much space around the toes and forefoot. If you still "wobble", then it's mostly your skating, not the skate.

Diskothek 03-10-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delorme (Post 13020415)
You say you've tried on the different brands: Mission, RBK, CCM, Tour, Bauer.

Pick the one with the most narrow ankles, locks down your ankles and doesn't have too much space around the toes and forefoot. If you still "wobble", then it's mostly your skating, not the skate.

It's the skate, not the skating. I have Rollerblades that hug my ankles and feel great. I actually wore those my first season in the league! :biglaugh:

FiveHole23 03-11-2008 12:55 PM

When i got my new pair of RBKs after every game I laced them up really tight (without my foot in them obviously) and just left them like that until my next game. That brought the sides in closer and it seems to be helping.

I went from Missions to RBKs the missions fit like a glove the RBKs were very loose in the beginning.

stick9 03-11-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diskothek (Post 13015523)
Ayo!

Looking into getting some new skates for roller hockey. I've tried some different skates at stores and 8.0 seems to be the best fit for most brands for me. A little weird since my shoe size is 8-10, depending on brand. Right now I have Reebok shoes that are 9's and their 8.0 skates fit me very well.

Just wondering what brands you folks like best. The RBK seemed nicest to me, but I can't get a super nice model since I'm trying to limit myself to around 100 USD.

Also, this seems to be a problem for me with any skate I use, be it ice or roller, but my ankle seems to have very little support no matter what since I have weak/thin ankles and there's always a lot of room in the skate and I'll wobble a lot. Anyone know of any remedies to this other than wearing like 3 pairs of socks? hah!

Buy the ones that fit your foot the best, regardless of what people recommend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJrumble
When i got my new pair of RBKs after every game I laced them up really tight (without my foot in them obviously) and just left them like that until my next game. That brought the sides in closer and it seems to be helping.

I went from Missions to RBKs the missions fit like a glove the RBKs were very loose in the beginning.

The RBK's fit loose because they are different fit then the Missions. Skates never get smaller as you break them in, they actually get bigger.

All in all, you should have stuck with Missions.

Puck Farise 03-11-2008 03:26 PM

I'm a gear ***** pretty much, but for skates, always loyal to Missions.

Edit: Holy 3rd grade censoring, the stars rhyme with swore.

silkyjohnson50 03-11-2008 04:57 PM

Yeah, i too have Mission's and am satisfyed with them. And you can get a nice pair for an affordable price...

If ever my ankles are feeling loose... I tie the laces around that part of the skate. So instead of going straight for a regular knot, i wrap them around the ankle support part of the skate and then pull real tight and tie a knot. Seems to work for me.

FiveHole23 03-11-2008 05:05 PM

Well then im putting some serious weight on in my ankle area because the RBKs are getting more comfortable and less loose.

stick9 03-12-2008 03:18 PM

Or your boots are starting to softening up, pulling your heel back into the heel cup and also allowing you to better tighten them...